How many Sacks Had Edwards Taken so Far?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

How many Sacks Had Edwards Taken so Far?

Way too many to my liking. This is a guy with a long injury list. Some NFL conditioning helps. But the way he's taking these sacks - from bad teams like the Rams, I don't know how long he can stay on the field with a projected 60-70 sacks for the year.

Compred to last year, I know he's taking a step in waiting for plays to develop before dumping the ball off. But there needs to be balance there. Maybe that's something he needs to improve.
  • BlackMetalNinja
    I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
    • May 2005

Re: How many Sacks Had Edwards Taken so Far?

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh
    Way too many to my liking. This is a guy with a long injury list. Some NFL conditioning helps. But the way he's taking these sacks - from bad teams like the Rams, I don't know how long he can stay on the field with a projected 60-70 sacks for the year.

Compred to last year, I know he's taking a step in waiting for plays to develop before dumping the ball off. But there needs to be balance there. Maybe that's something he needs to improve.
    Or maybe the o line needs to improve

To answer your question: 11 times in 4 games. Multiply that out over a season and you have 44, not 60-70...

Comment

• madness
      • Apr 2003

It seems this line took a step back with how everything played out. Give them time and I think they'll be back ahead two steps by end of season.

The other thing to take into consideration is that DCs love blitzing young QB's and the first four games have been no exception. Everybody is going to be throwing the kitchen sink at Edwards until they realize this team and staff are unflappable.

Comment

• baalworship
        • May 2003

The screen pass will do wonders for reducing the pass rush...let's try that sometime.

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
          • May 2004

We have good coaches. They'll figure out a way to keep Edwards upright. I would bet that a big chunk of the bye week will focus on this issue.
          "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
          --Leo Durocher

Comment

• TacklingDummy
            Unreachable Douche
            • Jul 2002

Trent Edwards = toughness

Comment

• Dujek
              Hall of Fame Zoner
              • Jan 2008

There has been very little Edwards could have done to avoid most of those sacks. The o-line has been blown apart at times. What's really impressing me is the fact that he's stepping up in the pocket and taking hits to allow himself to get passes off.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

Unlike our DL our lard ass OL does not rotate for the most part. They get winded more than our DL.
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

We need to find ways to negate the blitz. After yesterday, I think most opposing teams are going to blitz the Hell out of us. Play action, screens, and draws would be a start.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• acehole
                    • Jan 2006

The great dansby says that Edwards clock must be broken.
                    I say it is the oline getting back into sync with peters.
                    Hated by the stupid..
                    Loved by their moms.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by BlackMetalNinja
                      Or maybe the o line needs to improve

To answer your question: 11 times in 4 games. Multiply that out over a season and you have 44, not 60-70...
                      You may want to use Trend tools and his sack number will go higher.

Comment

Working...
                      X