PDA

View Full Version : How many Sacks Had Edwards Taken so Far?

ghz in pittsburgh
09-29-2008, 08:09 AM
Way too many to my liking. This is a guy with a long injury list. Some NFL conditioning helps. But the way he's taking these sacks - from bad teams like the Rams, I don't know how long he can stay on the field with a projected 60-70 sacks for the year.

Compred to last year, I know he's taking a step in waiting for plays to develop before dumping the ball off. But there needs to be balance there. Maybe that's something he needs to improve.

BlackMetalNinja
09-29-2008, 08:11 AM
Way too many to my liking. This is a guy with a long injury list. Some NFL conditioning helps. But the way he's taking these sacks - from bad teams like the Rams, I don't know how long he can stay on the field with a projected 60-70 sacks for the year.

Compred to last year, I know he's taking a step in waiting for plays to develop before dumping the ball off. But there needs to be balance there. Maybe that's something he needs to improve.Or maybe the o line needs to improve :nod:

To answer your question: 11 times in 4 games. Multiply that out over a season and you have 44, not 60-70...

madness
09-29-2008, 08:38 AM
It seems this line took a step back with how everything played out. Give them time and I think they'll be back ahead two steps by end of season.

The other thing to take into consideration is that DCs love blitzing young QB's and the first four games have been no exception. Everybody is going to be throwing the kitchen sink at Edwards until they realize this team and staff are unflappable.

baalworship
09-29-2008, 08:51 AM
The screen pass will do wonders for reducing the pass rush...let's try that sometime.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
09-29-2008, 08:54 AM
We have good coaches. They'll figure out a way to keep Edwards upright. I would bet that a big chunk of the bye week will focus on this issue.

TacklingDummy
09-29-2008, 09:01 AM

Trent Edwards = toughness

Dujek
09-29-2008, 09:05 AM
There has been very little Edwards could have done to avoid most of those sacks. The o-line has been blown apart at times. What's really impressing me is the fact that he's stepping up in the pocket and taking hits to allow himself to get passes off.

justasportsfan
09-29-2008, 09:15 AM
Unlike our DL our lard ass OL does not rotate for the most part. They get winded more than our DL.

Jan Reimers
09-29-2008, 09:30 AM
We need to find ways to negate the blitz. After yesterday, I think most opposing teams are going to blitz the Hell out of us. Play action, screens, and draws would be a start.

acehole
09-29-2008, 09:48 AM

Compred to last year, I know he's taking a step in waiting for plays to develop before dumping the ball off. But there needs to be balance there. Maybe that's something he needs to improve.

The great dansby says that Edwards clock must be broken.
I say it is the oline getting back into sync with peters.

ghz in pittsburgh
09-29-2008, 10:37 AM
Or maybe the o line needs to improve :nod:

To answer your question: 11 times in 4 games. Multiply that out over a season and you have 44, not 60-70...

You may want to use Trend tools and his sack number will go higher.