PDA

View Full Version : The play before the TD bomb

Philagape
09-29-2008, 08:13 AM
With 11:16 to go, the Bills faced a third-and-5 play from the 50. Edwards called an audible at the line, and Lynch ran 11 yards for a first down.

“We had called a pass route to the outside receivers and did max protection but they were playing a soft zone coverage so we checked to a run,” Edwards said.

On the next play, the Bills went back to the outside. Edwards dropped a pass down the left sideline perfectly over the outside shoulder of Evans, who caught it a half a step behind cornerback Jason Craft for a touchdown. A two-point conversion pass to Evans, who was the second or third option on the play, put the Bills ahead, 28-14.
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/450818.html

:bf1:
That doesn't happen last year.

Forward_Lateral
09-29-2008, 08:20 AM
Edwards is the smartest QB the Bills have had since Kelly.

Dujek
09-29-2008, 08:23 AM
QBs can only make those types of calls if they're allowed to make them. Glad Fairchild is gone and Schonert is showing faith in Edwards.

Dr. Lecter
09-29-2008, 08:26 AM
Of course it does not happen last year. Fairchild was a dumbass and there was no audible system in place.

Philagape
09-29-2008, 08:30 AM
Of course it does not happen last year. Fairchild was a dumbass and there was no audible system in place.

That's what I meant

syracuse76
09-29-2008, 08:30 AM
Edwards is the smartest QB the Bills have had since Kelly.

much agreed..........i like the way this kid plays

madness
09-29-2008, 08:32 AM
Or the year before...

I've been impressed with the coaching staff's ability to change up the gameplan and re-focus the players.

“The coaches definitely got after us at halftime about tackling,” linebacker Paul Posluszny said.

Trent Edwards is one poised SOB. All those beatings at Stanford really paid off. I think this guy would step into a throw even if he was about to get hit by a bus.

“We got after him early,” said the Rams’ Atogwe, who intercepted a first-half Edwards pass. “He had a lot of pressure, and we had him flustered. The thing is how he responded.”

Kyle Williams is becoming a quote machine.

“I think we took their best punch with our hands down,” said defensive tackle Kyle Williams. “Credit to them, they played really well in the first half. But we didn’t play well at all. So we took their best punch but we delivered one back in the second.”

Oaf
09-29-2008, 02:42 PM
Where'd you get those quotes?

Night Train
09-29-2008, 06:55 PM
the TD bomb

Wait. That couldn't have happened, since I was instructed here that he's another weak arm Holcomb.

thenry20
09-30-2008, 02:14 AM
With 11:16 to go, the Bills faced a third-and-5 play from the 50. Edwards called an audible at the line, and Lynch ran 11 yards for a first down.

“We had called a pass route to the outside receivers and did max protection but they were playing a soft zone coverage so we checked to a run,” Edwards said.

On the next play, the Bills went back to the outside. Edwards dropped a pass down the left sideline perfectly over the outside shoulder of Evans, who caught it a half a step behind cornerback Jason Craft for a touchdown. A two-point conversion pass to Evans, who was the second or third option on the play, put the Bills ahead, 28-14.
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/450818.html

:bf1:
That doesn't happen last year.

JP was always good finding Evans if a safety didn't play over the top and just that 1 DB to contend with. That rarely happened last year. Moreover, our pass protection is A LOT better than last year because there are times TE has time to scan the field and throw. And like a poster just mentioned neither QB was ALLOWED to audible even if they had 11 men stacked on the line and NOBODY covering the WR. Does that sound like a competent gameplan or OC to you?

TrEd FTW
09-30-2008, 03:00 AM
Par for the course with TrEd, who has the much-coveted "it" factor you look for in a QB. He's going to be a star in this league for a long time, and it feels great to have him on our side. The potential is limitless when your team has a legit guy under center; he is.