PDA

View Full Version : 23.7

patmoran2006
09-29-2008, 08:53 AM
23.7--- At the quarter point of the season, that is what Lee Evans is averaging per reception. It shows that he’s back to making bigger, more significant plays. While he’s only had 14 catches so far this year (in part because Edwards is spreading the ball around so much better) he already has 332 yards; putting him on pace for 1328 yards this season.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Of all the great things going on this season, if there is one thing that is starting to make me mad, it’s that this man has not been extended yet. At this point, I can’t fathom why this hasn’t happen. With the way he’s playing, you would think his price tag is going up weekly.<o:p></o:p>
We play <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Arizona</st1:place></st1:State> this week and then we’re on the bye. I will be very unhappy if Evans isn’t extended during that two week period. In fact, if it doesn’t happen I’d then be surprised if he is for the rest of the season, which could make for a scary offseason. You DON”T want to have to franchise him and risk making him very unhappy. Look at how much Peters’ play has dropped off due to a holdout and being obviously unhappy with his contract.<o:p></o:p>
Evans has done everything right. He’s been to OTA and Camp, he’s played well. He’s done and he’s said the right things this entire summer/fall.<o:p></o:p>
We’ve already learned James Hardy is a very long way from becoming anything resembling a #1 WR in this league. We need Evans long term here, so hopefully the old man comes to his senses very soon and digs into his pocket to lock this man up.<o:p></o:p>

Dujek
09-29-2008, 09:03 AM
Agreed. Evans has had three great games so far this year. He had a dip against Oakland, but so did most of the offense. He needs to be signed during the bye week when they have a bit of time to get it done.

TacklingDummy
09-29-2008, 09:03 AM
Hardy was drafted to replace Evans. If he wasn't, Evans would be signed already and Hardy wouldn't have been drafted.

More stats. 28 players have more TD receptions than Evans. 46 players have more receptions than Evans.

m1orenz
09-29-2008, 09:11 AM
Hardy was drafted to replace Evans. If he wasn't, Evans would be signed already and Hardy wouldn't have been drafted.

Worst logic ever. Perfect example of begging the question.

patmoran2006
09-29-2008, 09:29 AM

More stats. 28 players have more TD receptions than Evans. 46 players have more receptions than Evans.If Hardy was really drafted to replace Evans, then we are in trouble down the road.

Pinkerton Security
09-29-2008, 09:29 AM

More stats. 28 players have more TD receptions than Evans. 46 players have more receptions than Evans.

so you WANT hardy as our #1????? i hope not, he has a long ways to go.

patmoran2006
09-29-2008, 09:33 AM

Yeah.. Well only five WR’s have more yards than him, and ZERO with at least double digit catches average more yards per catch. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
There is your statistical rebuttle. Oh, and none have more wins.<o:p></o:p>
What an idiotic thing to do, downgrade his contributions with stats?<o:p></o:p>

TacklingDummy
09-29-2008, 09:34 AM
so you WANT hardy as our #1????? i hope not, he has a long ways to go.

This is his year to learn.

The good news for Evans is if Hardy keeps playing the way he is Ralph might have to cough up the big money to keep him.

TacklingDummy
09-29-2008, 09:35 AM
Yeah.. Well only five WR’s have more yards than him, and ZERO with at least double digit catches average more yards per catch. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
There is your statistical rebuttle. Oh, and none have more wins.<o:p></o:p>
What an idiotic thing to do, downgrade his contributions with stats?<o:p></o:p>

Just like you picked the stats. that fit your arguement. I did the samething.

Overall Lee is having a so-so year. Nothing great, nothing too bad.

Jan Reimers
09-29-2008, 09:38 AM
Hardy was not drafted to replace Evans. He was drafted to complement Evans. They will make a great tandem - the speed guy and the big guy - as Hardy develops.

TacklingDummy
09-29-2008, 09:40 AM
Hardy was not drafted to replace Evans. He was drafted to complement Evans. They will make a great tandem - the speed guy and the big guy - as Hardy develops.

Hopefully you are right.

But don't you think just a little that drafting Hardy was an insurance policy just incase the Bills couldn't resign Evans?

It would be a sound business decision.

patmoran2006
09-29-2008, 09:46 AM
No.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
A sound business decision would be to resign Evans, a guy who is very important to the team on the field, and has been a solid citizen and team spokesman off the field.<o:p></o:p>
Ticket and merchandise buying fans should be rewarded by having the most important players being retained. And only a complete tool would not consider Evans among our important core.<o:p></o:p>
Even the most loyal of Old Man Ralph’s followers know that resigning Evans long-term before its too late is a no-brainer.<o:p></o:p>

yordad
09-29-2008, 09:48 AM

More stats. 28 players have more TD receptions than Evans. 46 players have more receptions than Evans.More stats. Like only 10 have more yards. None have more yards per catch.

Did you not notice how far Hardy was from a #1?

Ed
09-29-2008, 09:48 AM
I'm not too worried about Evans getting signed. I think you could also argue that with Buffalo finally seeming to turn a corner and doing so well that Evans wants to stay even more and is even more likely to come to terms. I don't see him wanting to leave now that everything seems to finally be going right. We have a nice window of opportunity here over the next few years to do something special.

I hope it happens soon though.

TacklingDummy
09-29-2008, 10:30 AM
No.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
A sound business decision would be to resign Evans, a guy who is very important to the team on the field, and has been a solid citizen and team spokesman off the field.<o:p></o:p>
A sound business decision would also be to draft his replacement and give that replacement a year to learn the job before he takes it over.

Ticket and merchandise buying fans should be rewarded by having the most important players being retained. And only a complete tool would not consider Evans among our important core.<o:p></o:p>

The most important player on offense is the QB. Always has been, always will be.

[Even the most loyal of Old Man Ralph’s followers know that resigning Evans long-term before its too late is a no-brainer.<o:p></o:p> Not signing Evans will give more ammo to the Ralph haters. I just think the longer it goes on the less likely it will happen.

TacklingDummy
09-29-2008, 10:34 AM
Did you not notice how far Hardy was from a #1?

Let's hope he improves.

Borosai
09-29-2008, 10:56 AM
Another thing to take notice of: only 14 catches through the first 4 games without a single complaint. This fact helps keep the team's chemistry intact while not applying more pressure on the OC or Edwards. He's also 7th in receiving yards, so he's making each one count.

ajsdx
09-29-2008, 11:23 AM
Worst logic ever. Perfect example of begging the question.

Nice use of the phrase "begging the question"! :up:

gr8slayer
09-29-2008, 11:27 AM

You are so misinformed today.

Michael82
09-29-2008, 11:37 AM
The fact that Lee Evans doesn't have a new contract right now really pisses me off. :mad: What the **** are you waiting for, Russ? Get 'er done!!! :up: