PDA

View Full Version : One observation I made...

elltrain22
09-29-2008, 11:02 AM
Was that we have been struggling against the run particularly out of the shotgun formation, and we got fooled alot on misdiretion plays. Hopefully, our coaching staff can get that squared away.

mchurchfie
09-29-2008, 11:03 AM
That along with drawplays has been our achilles heal for the last five years.

BlackMetalNinja
09-29-2008, 11:05 AM
The single worst example of this yesterday was the 2nd Dante Hall reverse that picked up a first down on either 3rd and short or 4th and short. They motioned the HB out of the backfield and then sent Hall in motion. He was literally the only guy that could have been handed the ball and nobody on the defense headed in that direction until it was too late.

elltrain22
09-29-2008, 11:07 AM
The single worst example of this yesterday was the 2nd Dante Hall reverse that picked up a first down on either 3rd and short or 4th and short. They motioned the HB out of the backfield and then sent Hall in motion. He was literally the only guy that could have been handed the ball and nobody on the defense headed in that direction until it was too late.

That play was on my mind when I wrote this post, and I was also going to mention that we struggle against draw plays. Its also fair to say though that Steven Jackson is pretty damn good.