PDA

View Full Version : This is the 1988 Bills...

HHURRICANE
09-29-2008, 11:26 AM
Young, talented, raw, and hungry for a playoff birth.

Can we tear down the goal posts if we win the division?

gr8slayer
09-29-2008, 11:32 AM
Hopefully this 1988-type team can put together more Super Bowl wins.

Michael82
09-29-2008, 11:38 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if the fans charged the field after the Patriots game if they win the division in that game.

jnixon
09-29-2008, 11:38 AM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">How about the 1980 Bills that went 5-0 to start the season.

The fans didn't wait for us to win the division.....they tore down the goalposts after the first game!

I had 3 interceptions in that game. Do you know anyone that might have a vhs or dvd copy of that game?

Sincerely,

Jeff Nixon
Free Safety
Buffalo Bills 1979
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

njsue
09-29-2008, 11:39 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if the fans charged the field after the Patriots game if they win the division in that game.

:evil:

Patrick76777
09-29-2008, 11:50 AM
Hey Jeff
Some guy on YouTube just added about 6 classic Bills games. He didn't have the 1980 opener on there, but I did watch a home game against the Raiders in which you had an INT.

Maybe you could e-mail the guy to see if he has the game.

Good luck.

The last buffalo fan
09-29-2008, 11:52 AM
Hey Jeff
Some guy on YouTube just added about 6 classic Bills games. He didn't have the 1980 opener on there, but I did watch a home game against the Raiders in which you had an INT.

Maybe you could e-mail the guy to see if he has the game.

Good luck.

no link?

jnixon
09-29-2008, 11:55 AM
Thanks for the recommendation....I'll check it out!

HHURRICANE
09-29-2008, 12:05 PM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">How about the 1980 Bills that went 5-0 to start the season.

The fans didn't wait for us to win the division.....they tore down the goalposts after the first game!

I had 3 interceptions in that game. Do you know anyone that might have a vhs or dvd copy of that game?

Sincerely,

Jeff Nixon
Free Safety
Buffalo Bills 1979

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I watched you play!!

Griff
09-29-2008, 12:27 PM
<table id="HB_Mail_Container" unselectable="on" width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" height="100%"><tbody><tr width="100%" unselectable="on" height="100%"><td id="HB_Focus_Element" unselectable="off" valign="top" width="100%" background="" height="250">How about the 1980 Bills that went 5-0 to start the season.

Sincerely,

Jeff Nixon
Free Safety
Buffalo Bills 1979
</td></tr><tr unselectable="on" hb_tag="1"><td style="font-size: 1pt;" unselectable="on" height="1">
</td></tr></tbody></table>

what what what? a former player posting on a messageboard? awesome.

LarryBoy
09-29-2008, 02:25 PM
what what what? a former player posting on a messageboard? awesome.

I agree!! SWEET!! :bigwave:

SABuffalo786
09-29-2008, 02:27 PM

YES

yordad
09-29-2008, 03:58 PM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">How about the 1980 Bills that went 5-0 to start the season.

Sincerely,

Jeff Nixon
Free Safety
Buffalo Bills 1979

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>You know, that is a sweet idea for when the Bills wax the Pats!

Crisis
09-29-2008, 04:06 PM
<table id="HB_Mail_Container" unselectable="on" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" height="100%" width="100%"><tbody><tr width="100%" unselectable="on" height="100%"><td id="HB_Focus_Element" unselectable="off" background="" height="250" valign="top" width="100%">How about the 1980 Bills that went 5-0 to start the season.

Sincerely,

Jeff Nixon
Free Safety
Buffalo Bills 1979
</td></tr><tr unselectable="on" hb_tag="1"><td style="font-size: 1pt;" unselectable="on" height="1">
</td></tr></tbody></table>
that's awesome that a former player posts here

but i thought the external links on his wiki was pretty funny

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Nixon

THATHURMANATOR
09-29-2008, 04:10 PM
Hey Jeff did you have 3 ints in that game?

baalworship
09-29-2008, 04:19 PM
I would be fine if we are the 2001 Patriots.

Meathead
09-29-2008, 04:26 PM
i was trying not to bring this up but if you recall the jimobo bills started jelling the same way this one has so far, by playing mostly mediocre but pulling games out at the end. as the 90s team mature together they got better at jumping on opponents earlier, but for those first couple years they often looked anything but impressive for many of their wins

it was losing to the bengals in the afcc that seemed to push them over the top. after that the team started running over and through opponents for most of the next four plus years

i have no expectation this team will ever become what that was, but its fun seeing such similarity in their growth pattern to this point. after that who knows

jpdex12
09-29-2008, 06:22 PM
i was trying not to bring this up but if you recall the jimobo bills started jelling the same way this one has so far, by playing mostly mediocre but pulling games out at the end. as the 90s team mature together they got better at jumping on opponents earlier, but for those first couple years they often looked anything but impressive for many of their wins

it was losing to the bengals in the afcc that seemed to push them over the top. after that the team started running over and through opponents for most of the next four plus years

i have no expectation this team will ever become what that was, but its fun seeing such similarity in their growth pattern to this point. after that who knows

I called NFL Radio Saturday afternoon and mentioned to Vic Carrucci and Dan Leberfeld the same thing...that this team is similar to the late 80's early 90's maturation period. Vic agreed. I snapped at a previous caller saying that we were an over-rated 3-0 team at the time so I had to call in. How can you be 3-0 when you still don't get any respect? Idiots!
We are evolving and the chemistry is spilling over the edges!

thenry20
09-30-2008, 02:18 AM
Young, talented, raw, and hungry for a playoff birth.

Let's wait until we win the AFC Championship.

:rockon:

BTW, that Youtube poster might be "BillCody1960" or something similar. Do a seach. I hope he puts up more 80's games.