PDA

View Full Version : With the #49 Pick in the 2003 NFL Draft, Miami Selects...Who?

Dozerdog
04-29-2003, 06:35 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/logo.gif

With the #49 Pick in the 2003 NFL Draft, Miami Selects...Who?

Say it With Me, E-D-D-I-E M-O-O-R-E

FinHeaven writer Chris Kouffman

There are certain natural reactions in this world that would be immeasurably hard to duplicate by artificial means: the elation of a longtime fan whose team has just won the Super Bowl, the birth of your first child, seeing Jennifer Lopez in that green dress (yes, THAT dress), the unique twist in your mouth that is only humanly possible after tasting a skunky Heineken...

...And the pure sense of panic, disappointment, fear, despair, and pure unadulterated murderous rage felt by the entire Dol-Fan collective on Saturday, April 26th when ESPN announced that with the 49th pick in the 2003 NFL Draft the Dolphins have selected Linebacker Eddie Moore.

Who?

I want you to say it with me: E-D-D-I-E M-O-O-R-E

Eddie Moore the Reach

Dol-Fans around the world could not catch a break in the next few crucial minutes of desperate internet searching for draft evaluations of this unheralded selection. Those optimists out there may have already been able to calm themselves enough to rationalize; just because we do not know him or did not expect him it does not mean it is necessarily a bad pick. But needles soon thrust back into the red as fans everywhere either found Eddie Moore projected as a 5th round draft pick by Football.com's evaluation, or by the late Joel Buchsbaum as a projected UNDRAFTED FREE AGENT.

Ouch..........MORE... (http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16261)

EM Bills Fan 80
05-01-2003, 10:27 PM
well since nobody else decided too and the fact that Im a nice guy:

E-D-D-I-E M-O-O-R-E

Ingtar33
05-01-2003, 10:42 PM
1 (49) Eddie Moore (LB): Tennessee, 6’0 3/8”, 237lbs, 4.68 40time
Excellent special teams player, and has great instincts. He finds seams well, and fights though blockers very well. A solid defender against both the run and the pass. Very questionable toughness, as he hasn’t finished a season without missing time due to injury. Has enough skills to backup all three LB positions, but probably should add a few pounds. Could have been had much later in the draft, and is a questionable “need” pick. Pick Grade: C-

Just figured I'd post this, due to this seemingly delusional and overly euphoric testimonial about a guy who, for all purposes, never finished a season uninjured (with what our doctors call nagging to moderate injuries)... for a guy, when healthy showed about the same promise as our 3rd round pick Crowell... yet never produced to the level of, nor was ever as durable as, our pick...

I have one word for ya... reach

god I hate the fins!

The Spaz
05-01-2003, 11:40 PM
Dolphins suck. That's 2 words...lol;)! Go Bills!

Steve-Mo
05-04-2003, 10:19 AM
E-D-D-I-E-M-O-O-R-E is bad. He's slow... He's coming off an injury... He's a 4-5th round pick. NOT A 2nd!! (Dave Wanstedt sucks)