PDA

View Full Version : Melvin Fowler

Lexwhat
09-29-2008, 04:18 PM
I can't contain my disdain for Melvin Fowler. Is there a worse center in the league than him??????

I think we need to bench his ass and make Duke Preston the starter. I don't care if Preston is average, at least he has limited upside.

ScottLawrence
09-29-2008, 04:30 PM
Definitely a position I thought we should've upgraded in the offseason.

patmoran2006
09-29-2008, 04:43 PM
He is terrible. Unfortunately, Preston isn't any better.

Goobylal
09-29-2008, 05:40 PM
There weren't many options in FA or the draft. Hopefully over the bye week they replace Fowler with Preston.

patmoran2006
09-29-2008, 05:43 PM
Why are people clamoring for Preston?

ANyone remember how awful he's looked as a starter before?

Mr. Pink
09-29-2008, 05:43 PM
Bring back Trey Teague.

DynaPaul
09-29-2008, 05:47 PM
We need to spend a high draft pick next year on a dominating center. I agree that Fowler is the weak link there. If we had a decent player at C I think our rushing attack would be more fearful.

Lexwhat
09-29-2008, 05:53 PM

First, the guy hasen't been a starter for a few years now.

Either way, I never said Preston was good. But Fowler is really sucking. Even if Preston can cancel out 1 DT, it's still better than what Fowler has been doing.

I can't even believe how bad Fowler has been playing this year. Am I the only one who's been seeing this??

X-Era
09-29-2008, 06:03 PM
I can't contain my disdain for Melvin Fowler. Is there a worse center in the league than him??????

I think we need to bench his ass and make Duke Preston the starter. I don't care if Preston is average, at least he has limited upside.

I will be even more scared with ANY rookie starting next year!!!

It takes many years to get a good one.

I hope your rooting for the free agency or trade route.

Ingtar33
09-29-2008, 06:04 PM
its not just his terrible blocking. his line calls against the Rams were down right embarrassing.

Tatonka
09-29-2008, 06:20 PM
yeah, something has to be donen about him.. i cant believe he has made it this long.. how is it that someone can be so bad for so long and we dont address it at all??

baalworship
09-29-2008, 06:32 PM
The Bills coaches will give Preston a shot after the bye if he doesn't get better...our inside running game is WORSE than last year.

Tatonka
09-29-2008, 06:49 PM
The Bills coaches will give Preston a shot after the bye if he doesn't get better...our inside running game is WORSE than last year.

what makes you think that? i have seen nothing that would indicate that.

Goobylal
09-29-2008, 06:50 PM

Preston looked better than I've ever seen him in pre-season. Maybe it was playing against lesser competition/pre-season effect, but you have to at least give him a look because Fowler is just NOT getting it done.

Lefty2985
09-29-2008, 06:58 PM
i believe if we had a better center that didnt get pushed back all the time the running game would get some holes. i really dont like him in there

Lexwhat
09-29-2008, 07:44 PM
I will be even more scared with ANY rookie starting next year!!!

It takes many years to get a good one.

I hope your rooting for the free agency or trade route.

Are you saying this because the Center class in next year's draft is weak? (I don't really follow college football). Many Centers can come in and learn "on the job." They usually won't be great, but they can be serviceable and will improve with time.

I have made it a point to observe Fowler this year to see how bad he really is. And he's absolutely embarrassing.

IMO, I am against getting a starting center in free agency next year. Our O-Line is already OUTRAGEOUSLY overpaid (especially if Peters gets a new contract), and I would prefer to draft one in the 2nd/3rd round next year.

Oaf
09-30-2008, 01:49 AM
Just have Edwards take the snap himself. :cynic:

Michael82
09-30-2008, 02:30 AM
I'm still holding out hope that the team sees this and gives Duke a chance after the bye. He definitely looked better in camp and pre.season