PDA

View Full Version : Around the Horn

ServoBillieves
09-29-2008, 04:38 PM
Just watched their segment on "4-0" teams, they said "who's the better team: The Titans or Bills."

Not a SINGLE of the four even said the word Buffalo or Bills in their statements.

Gotta love it...

billsburgh
09-29-2008, 04:39 PM
WHO

CARES

Ed
09-29-2008, 04:49 PM
Can you blame them? The Titans look really good.

Mitchell55
09-29-2008, 04:51 PM
Tennesse wouldnt be that hard to beat. It would be a good game, but there are teams tougher. Tennesse only had a D, we have the 4th best D, they have the best D. Also, they thrive on mistakes and Trent doesnt make many mistakes if any.

Ingtar33
09-29-2008, 04:52 PM
the titans look awesome

that team has superbowl champ written all over them at the moment. and yes, i know i just said that about a Kerry Collins QB'ed team.

mchurchfie
09-29-2008, 04:54 PM
ESPN does blow with their bias bullcrap and disrespect towards Buffalo but I do have to agree that The Titans are probably the more seasoned and competitive team at this stage.

LivingTheLife
09-29-2008, 05:05 PM
the titans look awesome

that team has superbowl champ written all over them at the moment. and yes, i know i just said that about a Kerry Collins QB'ed team.

No way that they are a SB team.

BillsOwnAll
09-29-2008, 05:06 PM
How??? ltl? The run..and stop the run. that right there makes you a SB team in this league.

Ingtar33
09-29-2008, 05:08 PM
No way that they are a SB team.

have you watched that team?

they are dominant.

BillsOwnAll
09-29-2008, 05:09 PM
yah i know intarger..seriously..They look scary good.

mchurchfie
09-29-2008, 05:15 PM
The Titans are solid as hell.

Night Train
09-29-2008, 05:17 PM
1. I would have said the Titans also.
2. That show is brutal.

DrGraves
09-29-2008, 05:18 PM
id pick the titans too.

LivingTheLife
09-29-2008, 05:21 PM
have you watched that team?

they are dominant.

Yes, I have watched them very closely. They are not dominant and their offense is very average. Great defense, not so much on the other side. Chris Johnson has been very good, but they have no WR worth noting. It's too early to be calling any team a Super Bowl team.

Ingtar33
09-29-2008, 05:24 PM
they look just like the 1990 giants; i mean, literally, just like them

Goobylal
09-29-2008, 05:36 PM
The record of the Titans' 4 opponents? 3-12. The record of the Bills' 4 opponents? 4-11. And the Bills beat the Jags in Jax while the Titans beat them at home.

patmoran2006
09-29-2008, 05:42 PM
1- Tennessee does look REALLY really good right now.

2- They haven't played much competition.. Beat the Jags and Vikes at home, beat Cinci on road and Houston at home. 3 of first 4 have been at home.

3- I'd like to see how they look over the next six weeks. KC is the only creme puff on that schedule. They play @ Baltimore, Indy, @ Jags, and GB in the coming weeks. They could get knocked down a peg or two. But overall, if nothing else I certainly think they are for real.

Lexwhat
09-29-2008, 05:48 PM
have you watched that team? they are dominant.

IMO, this is a very inaccurate assessment since only 4 games have been played. Their schedule strength has been average. Yes, they do have a great defense and running game, but I don't think they are as good as you are making them out to be.

First, they barely beat the Jags at home! Second, they beat up on the Bengals and Texans. We can't label them a superbowl team by watching those games.

Yes, the Titans are a playoff team. But the AFC is wide open right now, and I think the Steelers, Broncos, and Bills are right there with Tennessee. I think the Chargers, Colts, and Jags will turn things around too.

Like I posted in another thread, we will know much more about the Titans over the next 6 weeks, as their schedule gets tougher:

Wk.5) @ Ravens
Wk.6) Bye
Wk.7) @ Chiefs
Wk.8) Colts
Wk.9) Packers
Wk.10) @ Bears

Lexwhat
09-29-2008, 05:49 PM
1- Tennessee does look REALLY really good right now.

2- They haven't played much competition.. Beat the Jags and Vikes at home, beat Cinci on road and Houston at home. 3 of first 4 have been at home.

3- I'd like to see how they look over the next six weeks. KC is the only creme puff on that schedule. They play @ Baltimore, Indy, @ Jags, and GB in the coming weeks. They could get knocked down a peg or two. But overall, if nothing else I certainly think they are for real.

Copycat. lol :rockon:

HughC
09-29-2008, 06:03 PM
Tennessee has looked good so far, but keep in mind that two of the teams they played have yet to win a game, and their opponent's combined record is 3-12.

Sure, they're playing well and winning - and so are the Bills!

gr8slayer
09-29-2008, 06:04 PM
The Bills are not the best team in the AFC, it's the Titans by a long shot. There are those out there that would argue that we aren't even the second best team in the AFC.

gr8slayer
09-29-2008, 06:05 PM
Tennessee has looked good so far, but keep in mind that two of the teams they played have yet to win a game, and their opponent's combined record is 3-12.

Sure, they're playing well and winning - and so are the Bills!
Dude, we've played the Seahawks, Raiders, and Rams; none of which are anything to brag about in terms of beating them.

baalworship
09-29-2008, 06:19 PM
I would say the Titans are better now. They have a better defense and can run the ball.

BADTHINGSMAN
09-29-2008, 06:20 PM
I dont let espn get to me, its been that way for many years.

baalworship
09-29-2008, 06:26 PM
Beat the Chargers Patriots and Jets and we will get so much talk you will long for the Favre talk that started the season...

Electrici
09-29-2008, 08:34 PM
WHO

CARES

/thread

imbondz
09-29-2008, 09:25 PM
the titans look awesome

100% wrong. yes they look very good, but they are far from a championship team. Don't forget they've beaten 0-4 Bengals, 0-4 Texans, 1-3 Vikings. the only good team they've beaten is the Jags.

gr8slayer
09-29-2008, 09:27 PM
100% wrong. yes they look very good, but they are far from a championship team. Don't forget they've beaten 0-4 Bengals, 0-4 Texans, 1-3 Vikings. the only good team they've beaten is the Jags.
And that's the only good team we've beat too :idunno:

You really do have to watch the Titans to recognize just how good they are. Words can't describe how well that DL is playing.

TrEd FTW
09-29-2008, 11:29 PM
I'd put the Bills third in the AFC right now. Tennessee has shown itself as the best, while I still like the Chargers ahead of us. That hopefully will change on Oct. 19.

I know Bill Parcells' famous adage, "You are what your record says you are," is mostly accurate, but Denver -- which some might place ahead of the Bills -- lost to Kansas City and is two blown calls away from being 1-3. I don't know how good they are, especially with such a porous defense.

yordad
09-29-2008, 11:40 PM
I think the home team would win. Or schedule is easier, so I think we have an edge.

thenry20
09-30-2008, 01:40 AM
Let's assume Tenn loses next week and we win, I seriously doubt the "experts" to say we are the best in the AFC. Fuggem, we'll see them in February.

ServoBillieves
09-30-2008, 01:41 AM

THANK YOU, for pointing out what's been overlooked.

And to whoever posted who cares? Obviously quite a few people, was it that hard to find the delete button while typing a pointless response/bump to this? If you don't want to add respectfully to a discussion, then leave it alone.

TrEd FTW
09-30-2008, 01:45 AM
Belittling a team because of the perceived general weakness of its opposition is bush league, in my opinion. It's hard to win every week, no matter the opponent. If you're gonna knock the Titans' opponents, then you have to knock Buffalo's. The bottom line is, these teams are 4-0 because they deserve to be. **** the schedule; you can only beat the teams the NFL puts in front of you.

Good for the Titans; good for the Bills. May the better team end the season in Tampa, hoisting that silver trophy. :list:

losman420
09-30-2008, 07:35 AM
THANK YOU, for pointing out what's been overlooked.

And to whoever posted who cares? Obviously quite a few people, was it that hard to find the delete button while typing a pointless response/bump to this? If you don't want to add respectfully to a discussion, then leave it alone.

I dont think he was disrespecting you thread really, I think he was saying who cares about the opinions of the ass goblins at ESPN. Because with the exception of Berman and Romes they all pretty much ignore the Buffalo Bills anyhow.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
09-30-2008, 07:41 AM
The Titans are a tough team, but I will say this for the record.

A Jeff Fischer coached team always has the potential to slump when something goes wrong.

He is not a great leader of men, and I believe he may be one of their weak links.

Griff
09-30-2008, 08:25 AM
too early to say, but they might win their division, if not they have have a nice advantage over the other 2nd place teams.

billsburgh
09-30-2008, 08:28 AM
I dont think he was disrespecting you thread really, I think he was saying who cares about the opinions of the ass goblins at ESPN. .
exactly. why does it matter what these idiots think of the Bills right now? it doesnt. just keep winning and things will take care of themselves.

mybills
09-30-2008, 08:30 AM
I will laugh

if Baltimore kicks their ass this week. :snicker:

ALL D
09-30-2008, 08:35 AM
The Bills are doing what they have to do to win. The Titans are strong from the start. I think the Bills are stronger as far as knowing they will win.

Bulldog
09-30-2008, 08:56 AM
The Bills are not the best team in the AFC, it's the Titans by a long shot. There are those out there that would argue that we aren't even the second best team in the AFC.

By a long shot? The Titans are good, but I don't think they're head and shoulders above everyone else. They have a great defense, but at the end of the day, Kerry Collins is still their QB. For my money San Diego is still the best team in the AFC. San Diego has the most balance of all the teams. Good defense, good offense, and really good special teams.

gr8slayer
09-30-2008, 11:18 AM
By a long shot? The Titans are good, but I don't think they're head and shoulders above everyone else. They have a great defense, but at the end of the day, Kerry Collins is still their QB. For my money San Diego is still the best team in the AFC. San Diego has the most balance of all the teams. Good defense, good offense, and really good special teams.
Having watched all games for both teams I don't agree. But to each his own I suppose.

justasportsfan
09-30-2008, 11:20 AM
Meh. Bills and titans are beating teams they are supposed to beat. The top teams IMO are still in the NFC. So I really don't care whos first, whats on second ....

The thing I like/want to believe that our advantage over the titans is that, I don't think we've peaked yet. We haven't tapped on our full potential and I think our potential is better than the titans.

Pinkerton Security
09-30-2008, 11:26 AM
I will laugh

if Baltimore kicks their ass this week. :snicker:

indeed. that is gonna be one enormous defensive struggle.

DraftBoy
09-30-2008, 11:30 AM
Its pretty simple, while both teams are stopping the run only one team is actually successfully running the ball consistently.

Tennessee-5th overall D, we have #7
#8 Rushing D, we have #6
#8 Passing D, we have #17
#8 Rushing O, we have #20

There really isn't a whole lot of comparison right now. Tennessee is better.

madness
09-30-2008, 11:51 AM
ESPN did have have McKelvin's hit at the end of the SC intro this morning if that counts for anything. :idunno:

madness
09-30-2008, 11:54 AM
Speaking of the Titans, why hasn't Pat been comparing Vince Young to God lately?

gr8slayer
09-30-2008, 11:54 AM
Speaking of the Titans, why hasn't Pat been comparing Vince Young to God lately?
Maybe in college...

justasportsfan
09-30-2008, 12:00 PM
or Lienert

ublinkwescore
09-30-2008, 02:40 PM
And that's the only good team we've beat too :idunno:

You really do have to watch the Titans to recognize just how good they are. Words can't describe how well that DL is playing.

Difference is, we beat them in their house - not our own.

Tennessee is gonna be our ***** if we meet in the playoffs.

gr8slayer
09-30-2008, 06:40 PM
Difference is, we beat them in their house - not our own.

Tennessee is gonna be our ***** if we meet in the playoffs.
That would be awesome, revenge.

CUHATIN
10-02-2008, 07:31 AM
NFL Network 2 guys said the Titans were the better 4 and 0 team and Terrell Davis said we were the better 4 and 0 team!!!

Go TD!!!