The last buffalo fan
09-29-2008, 05:03 PM
That is correct........................and glad to have you back, bro! :up:

Night Train
09-29-2008, 05:55 PM
You're an early nominee for the Capt. Obvious Award :bf1:

TacklingDummy
09-29-2008, 05:59 PM
On the bright side Peters next contract has lost some value.

BillsNick
09-29-2008, 06:05 PM
Sure makes our front office look smart for not caving in to his demands.

Now..... I'm not saying he won't get back to the way he was. It just really pisses me off watching him miss blocks and take penalties. Edwards is lucky that he hasn't broken his neck.

gr8slayer
09-29-2008, 06:06 PM
I'm sorry, but he sucks right now.
You're right, he does. So do Walker, Dockery, Fowler, and Butler.

gr8slayer
09-29-2008, 06:06 PM

Now..... I'm not saying he won't get back to the way he was. It just really pisses me off watching him miss blocks and take penalties. Edwards is lucky that he hasn't broken his neck.
You realize that both of Little's sacks yesterday came against Walker right?

Ingtar33
09-29-2008, 06:09 PM
You realize that both of Little's sacks yesterday came against Walker right?

actually, one of them did. the 2nd came from a bad (read: terrible) line call.

gr8slayer
09-29-2008, 06:12 PM
actually, one of them did. the 2nd came from a bad line call.
Make any excuse you want, Walker did not pick up the DE and allowed Edwards to be sacked.

Tatonka
09-29-2008, 06:13 PM
:rockon:

well put.

gr8slayer
09-29-2008, 06:14 PM

Yeah, and then the front office screws up and drafts bums like Chris Ellis and their credibility goes to crap :shakeno:

Tatonka
09-29-2008, 06:16 PM
Make any excuse you want, Walker did not pick up the DE and allowed Edwards to be sacked.

why do you insist deflecting any negative thing said about peters to anything else? and then you want to tell someone else that they are making excuses??

the line is playing bad, and peters is the worst of a bad group right now.. he has allowed a sack in every game.. right now.. he is on pace to break langston walkers record from oakland.. i cant think of one top LT in the game that gives up 15 sacks a year.. he has been beat by some average players too.. rookies even.. it is not like he is lined up against jared allen.

Tatonka
09-29-2008, 06:17 PM
and this week peters decided to throw in a couple terrible penalties to go with his lack of blocking.

gr8slayer
09-29-2008, 06:18 PM
why do you insist deflecting any negative thing said about peters to anything else? and then you want to tell someone else that they are making excuses??

the line is playing bad, and peters is the worst of a bad group right now.. he has allowed a sack in every game.. right now.. he is on pace to break langston walkers record from oakland.. i cant think of one top LT in the game that gives up 15 sacks a year.. he has been beat by some average players too.. rookies even.. it is not like he is lined up against jared allen.
Why do you insist on making false statements?

I'm not going to explain myself again, I had this debate last night, if you care to read my reasoning go back and read the post-game stuff. Peters is still our best offensive lineman and I'm not going to start playing chicken little until after the bye-week.

Mudflap1
09-29-2008, 06:20 PM
gr8slayer... your "Bro-mance" with Peters needs to end. The guy showed up and looks mediocre at best right now. Hopefully he picks it up, but he's looking WAY overrated right now.

No one is saying Walker is Will Wolford either... nobody ever has. But Peters has been ballyhooed on here for sometime as "one of, if not, the best" left tackles. He's not playing anywhere close to that. Let's just move on.

Jon

BillsNick
09-29-2008, 06:20 PM
Yeah, and then the front office screws up and drafts bums like Chris Ellis and their credibility goes to crap :shakeno:

Our front office has done an outstanding job.

gr8slayer
09-29-2008, 06:22 PM
If you want to talk about Peters do it here. I've made made my stance clear in this thiread:

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=162027

Tatonka
09-29-2008, 06:23 PM
gr8slayer... your "Bro-mance" with Peters needs to end. The guy showed up and looks mediocre at best right now. Hopefully he picks it up, but he's looking WAY overrated right now.

No one is saying Walker is Will Wolford either... nobody ever has. But Peters has been ballyhooed on here for sometime as "one of, if not, the best" left tackles. He's not playing anywhere close to that. Let's just move on.

Jon

:band:

and gr8 also acts like people WANT to see peters play bad.. and he has to defend him.. the guy is just not good right now.. on pace for 15 sacks this year.. given up.. and now he is not only getting owned at least a couple times a game, but he is taking dumb ass penalties and killing drives with that too.

peters is no where near a top LT in the league right now.. i sure hope to god that he gets his **** together because we need a good LT again.. but he has been regressing since the start of the season. that is the part that scares me.. every game looks worse than the last.

Tatonka
09-29-2008, 06:24 PM
Our front office has done an outstanding job.

no no.. chris ellis is a bust.

4 games into his rookie season.

PECKERWOOD
09-29-2008, 06:25 PM

All out of toilet paper, ahh this post will make the perfect substitution.

BillsNick
09-29-2008, 06:25 PM
If you want to talk about Peters do it here. I've made made my stance clear in this thiread:

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=162027

gr8slayer
09-29-2008, 06:30 PM
:band:

and gr8 also acts like people WANT to see peters play bad.. and he has to defend him.. the guy is just not good right now.. on pace for 15 sacks this year.. given up.. and now he is not only getting owned at least a couple times a game, but he is taking dumb ass penalties and killing drives with that too.

peters is no where near a top LT in the league right now.. i sure hope to god that he gets his **** together because we need a good LT again.. but he has been regressing since the start of the season. that is the part that scares me.. every game looks worse than the last.
You do want to see him do poorly, and it's really sad. There are those on the board who are calling for him to get cut. THE GUY ****ED UP, he made a mistake, he held out, it's something that countless players have done my entire life and it wont' be the last time. Do you seriously think he doesn't have regrets?

I know you read my Peters thread because you thanked my first post in it, go back, read it again, and you'll know where I stand on the topic. The guy is literally two months behind everyone else right now and is struggling to get back into the swing of things. If you honestly think that he's the only one that's struggling along the OL then I don't know what to tell you. But I'll tell you this, he has absolutely nothing to do with our lack of production in the running game. I've counted on block in the past three games that he didn't make in the run game, I've counted six or more for every single person on the OL. Guess who leads the pack? One Langston Walker, the savior and everyone's new favorite player.

I seriously wish I could just sit down face to face with some of you and break down the game film and show you exactly where our problem lie when talking about the offfensive line.

gr8slayer
09-29-2008, 06:31 PM

Never said he was a bust, just a really bad pick. And it's not even his first game yet, he hasn't been activated yet :ill:

BillsNick
09-29-2008, 06:31 PM
My point was simply this:

After sitting out for a huge pay day, not answering your phone, not even trying to get a deal done, you come back, and stink up the field. I don't think that he should be starting right now.

Again, I am a Peters fan. I want him to play well, and I think he will. But everytime I see him take a stupid penalty, or let a guy blow right by him for a sack, his A-hole holdout pops up right in my mind.

How long does it take to shake off the cob webs? Steven Jackson could probably tell us.

JerseyBoofaloBills
09-29-2008, 06:32 PM

yaaa just like youboty is a bust right?

now youboty is playing extremely well, looking like our best corner..

but you're right, chris ellis is a bum in his first 4 games as a rookie..

and as for JP being our best linemen? get off your knees while you're saying this..langston walker has been our best lineman so far.

gr8slayer
09-29-2008, 06:34 PM
My point was simply this:

After sitting out for a huge pay day, not answering your phone, not even trying to get a deal done, you come back, and stink up the field. I don't think that he should be starting right now.

Again, I am a Peters fan. I want him to play well, and I think he will. But everytime I see him take a stupid penalty, or let a guy blow right by him for a sack, his A-hole holdout pops up right in my mind.

How long does it take to shake off the cob webs? Steven Jackson could probably tell us.
Well, it's time to get over the holdout. **** happens dude, he isn't the first player and he no doubt won't be the last one to do it to us. He was correct in wanting a new deal, he was drastically under-paid and just came off his best year to date as a pro. A vast majority of teams would have just paid him and gotten it over with, we chose not to and now he and the Bills are both paying for it. Him because he's behind the rest of the team when it comes to the playbook and new system, the Bills because he's not playing up to his level of talent.

JerseyBoofaloBills
09-29-2008, 06:35 PM
Well, it's time to get over the holdout. **** happens dude, he isn't the first player and he no doubt won't be the last one to do it to us. He was correct in wanting a new deal, he was drastically under-paid and just came off his best year to date as a pro. A vast majority of teams would have just paid him and gotten it over with, we chose not to and now he and the Bills are both paying for it. Him because he's behind the rest of the team when it comes to the playbook and new system, the Bills because he's not playing up to his level of talent.

we play better without himm..

nuff said.

gr8slayer
09-29-2008, 06:35 PM
yaaa just like youboty is a bust right?

now youboty is playing extremely well, looking like our best corner..
:rofl: our best Corner? Hardly.
but you're right, chris ellis is a bum in his first 4 games as a rookie..
He is a bum, he has done nothing to contribute and was a wasted pick. And it's just fun to watch Tatonka get worked up over the guy.
and as for JP being our best linemen? get off your knees while you're saying this..langston walker has been our best lineman so far.
Please, break down for me in detail why Walker has been our best OL, I'll be looking forward to it :up:

gr8slayer
09-29-2008, 06:36 PM
we play better without himm..

nuff said.
:rofl: based on what?

Tatonka
09-29-2008, 06:38 PM
You do want to see him do poorly, and it's really sad. There are those on the board who are calling for him to get cut.

what in the **** would i possibly have to gain from seeing peters do POORLY???

why in the hell would i want to see a guy that was an absolute beast last year and finally gave me hope that we have a franchise LT do so bad this year?

what enjoyment did ANY BILLS FAN get from watching chris long beat Peters like a rented mule??

it makes me sick.. it pisses me off.. at no time during any game have i thought "hey, it would be awesome if Peters would go ahead and suck balls here on this next play. I really hope Chris Long tea bags him cause that will help the bills win!"

gr8slayer
09-29-2008, 06:39 PM
And Nick:

These are two totally different situations. Jackson isn't learning a new system and isn't coming off an injury. To this point he has looked horrible too.

JerseyBoofaloBills
09-29-2008, 06:40 PM
youboty hasnt been our best coner?! im not going by gimme picks by mcgee and greer..youboty is shutting down, and the only one who can tackle on this team..was it youboty who pretty much made that TD saving tackle on jackson when he caught that pass? getting blocked, and made the ankle tackle..and that first down saving tackle against jax in the fourth.. i believe so..

Walker has been our best olineman, by far..he has done better than peters not taking stupid penalties..and has only let up 1-2 sacks this year? when JP has given up 3? i believe, an he was being rotated in that jax game so it really doesnt count as a full game for him..so in two games he's given up more an taken dumb penalties then walker who has played 4 games an in the first game, moved to LT FOR THE TEAM..when, chambers, did an excellent job on kearny for that matter aswell.

gr8slayer
09-29-2008, 06:43 PM
youboty hasnt been our best coner?! im not going by gimme picks by mcgee and greer..youboty is shutting down, and the only one who can tackle on this team..was it youboty who pretty much made that TD saving tackle on jackson when he caught that pass? i believe so..

Walker has been our best olineman, by far..he has done better than peters not taking stupid penalties..and has only let up 1-2 sacks this year? when JP has given up 3? i believe, an he was being rotated in that jax game so it really doesnt count as a full game for him..so in two games he's given up more an taken dumb penalties then walker who has played 4 games an in the first game, moved to LT FOR THE TEAM..when, chambers, did an excellent job on kearny for that matter aswell.
This is the best you have in terms of a break down? Wow, don't ever go into football as a career.

The Spaz
09-29-2008, 06:45 PM
Why the **** do want to have Peters play poorly? If he plays well so probably does Edwards and Lynch. We are pointing out he sucks right now and he needs to get better.

JerseyBoofaloBills
09-29-2008, 06:47 PM
This is the best you have in terms of a break down? Wow, don't ever go into football as a career.

youre just pissed that you know im right about youboty an that was a dumb decision to even argue..ask anyone an he's been our best corner..as of now..im sure he'll stay that way.

an why would i need to explain more, the facts are there..idc if he does get better i could care less..it's not until the second half where JP gets **** on in the locker room telling him how bad he's sucking..then he finally decides to step it up..barely..we'll see as the season continues..f him.

gr8slayer
09-29-2008, 06:50 PM
answer the effing questions, mancrush.
:rofl: "mancrush"

Ah, Tatonka, 9 times out of 10 I'm just ****ing with you, and this is one of those times. You are one of those people I'd love to sit down with and break down the actual game footage with and show you exactly why things are the way they are. I can understand being down on the guy, I'm down on him as well. But he's still the best we have.

Everyone wants to talk about the greatness that is Langston Walker all the sudden because he was such a 'great team player', and that's fine, but he's far from being the best OL we have. I don't dislike Walker in the slightest, in fact, I like him so much I have his jersey and will be wearing it this week at the game, but he's not on the same level as a healthy Jason Peters. He just isn't.

gr8slayer
09-29-2008, 06:53 PM
youre just pissed that you know im right about youboty an that was a dumb decision to even argue..ask anyone an he's been our best corner..as of now..im sure he'll stay that way.

an why would i need to explain more, the facts are there..idc if he does get better i could care less..it's not until the second half where JP gets **** on in the locker room telling him how bad he's sucking..then he finally decides to step it up..barely..we'll see as the season continues..f him.
If Youboty was our best Corner he'd be starting right now, Greer has been our most consistent Corner for the past two years.

Well you clearly think you know exactly what you're talking about. I'd personally like to know exactly why you feel that way. Going by statistics is stupid, and then saying that "well Walker has only allowed two and Peters has allowed three." Please, if you really want to make me look stupid go break down the game tape, and give specific reasons why I'm wrong and you're right. I'm honestly interested in seeing it and have no problem being wrong if someone is going to come at me with something other than "he sucks."

The Spaz
09-29-2008, 06:53 PM
When he get's to that next "level" we will be happy and will make "I want to make babies with Jason Peters" threads, until then he will be on the **** list.

gr8slayer
09-29-2008, 06:54 PM
When he get's to that next "level" we will be happy and will make "I want to make babies with Jason Peters" threads, until then he will be on the **** list.
Fair enough, but your **** list should be pretty long and should include at least four of our starting five OL right now.

The Spaz
09-29-2008, 06:56 PM
When Peters is supposed to be our best linemen he is #1 on the **** list.

PECKERWOOD
Bills version of FTP is back I see :snicker:

:flex:

gr8slayer
When Peters is supposed to be our best linemen he is #1 on the **** list.
No problem there, might I ask who is on your **** list? Doesn't have to be in any particular order.

JerseyBoofaloBills
09-29-2008, 06:58 PM
If Youboty was our best Corner he'd be starting right now, Greer has been our most consistent Corner for the past two years.

Well you clearly think you know exactly what you're talking about. I'd personally like to know exactly why you feel that way. Going by statistics is stupid, and then saying that "well Walker has only allowed two and Peters has allowed three." Please, if you really want to make me look stupid go break down the game tape, and give specific reasons why I'm wrong and you're right. I'm honestly interested in seeing it and have no problem being wrong if someone is going to come at me with something other than "he sucks."

why dont you go breakdown footage and tell me how youboty has done in all those games, an come back to me an tell me he hasnt been playing as our best corner..please make me look stupid. instead of telling me if he was our best hed be starting..blah blah, look at the tapes..look how many big key plays he's made..then come talk to me..

as for peters, look at the game tape, it will show why langston has been our best..it goes both ways..because you seem to know soooo much why jason peters will get better and is better..:poop:

The Spaz
09-29-2008, 06:58 PM
On the 0-line it's Peters, Fowler, Dockery. In my opinion Dockery is sucking because he is trying to cover for both Fowler and Peters. Fowler has been average and seems to be falling rapidly this season.

Philagape
09-29-2008, 07:01 PM
With how bad the O-line has played, it's amazing we're 4-0

JerseyBoofaloBills
09-29-2008, 07:02 PM
On the 0-line it's Peters, Fowler, Dockery. In my opinion Dockery is sucking because he is trying to cover for both Fowler and Peters. Fowler has been average and seems to be falling rapidly this season.

ugh. you aint kiddin, fowler needs to go..

likee right now!

gr8slayer
09-29-2008, 07:04 PM
why dont you go breakdown footage and tell me how youboty has done in all those games, an come back to me an tell me he hasnt been playing as our best corner..please make me look stupid. instead of telling me if he was our best hed be starting..blah blah, look at the tapes..look how many big key plays he's made..then come talk to me..

as for peters, look at the game tape, it will show why langston has been our best..it goes both ways..because you seem to know soooo much why jason peters will get better and is better..:poop::lmao: I've already broken down the tape on Peters and have posted an entire thread dedicated to just that. I've pointed out his flaws and I've pointed out where he still excels. Until you come bearing proof as to why Walker is our best OL your opinion holds no credibility.

I've broken down the film on Youboty (what we're allowed to see due to restrictions) and have counted one big play. Congratulations, you made one vital tackle against Jacksonville. You should have no problem breaking down the film on Walker since you can see the line every play of every game. I'll be looking forward to it :up:

gr8slayer
09-29-2008, 07:04 PM
So what was Dockery's excuse last season when he was playing average at best?

JerseyBoofaloBills
09-29-2008, 07:06 PM
:lmao: I've already broken down the tape on Peters and have posted an entire thread dedicated to just that. I've pointed out his flaws and I've pointed out where he still excels. Until you come bearing proof as to why Walker is our best OL your opinion holds no credibility.

I've broken down the film on Youboty (what we're allowed to see due to restrictions) and have counted one big play. Congratulations, you made one vital tackle against Jacksonville. You should have no problem breaking down the film on Walker since you can see the line every play of every game. I'll be looking forward to it :up:

he also had a sack in that game too..all sacks are big plays, and was the only person who could tackle in that jax game..

The Spaz
09-29-2008, 07:08 PM
I don't think Dockery played badly last year. Let's not switch topics to try and make excuses for Peters though. I knew you would post something like this.

JerseyBoofaloBills
09-29-2008, 07:08 PM
and im like 95% positive that he made that tackle against jackson to save a td..im not sure where i can find it tho, if it's ever on nfl replay..ill see it.

gr8slayer
09-29-2008, 07:09 PM
I don't think Dockery played badly last year. Let's not switch topics to try and make excuses for Peters though. I knew you would post something like this.
Who's making excuses? Now you're attempting to put words into my mouth, I didn't say he played poorly, just that he played very average.

The Spaz
09-29-2008, 07:10 PM
Ok then let's stay on topic. You can make a Dockery thread if you want.

gr8slayer
09-29-2008, 07:11 PM
Ok then let's stay on topic. You can make a Dockery thread if you want.
Funny you mention it. I'm working on breaking his tape down as we speak and plan on having a full thread dedicated to it sometime tomorrow :up:

PECKERWOOD
09-29-2008, 07:24 PM
Funny how this doper knocks everybody on the line but Peters when it's blatant that Peters has been the weakest link, even over Fowler which says alot. Then he talks about making 'excuses.'

UGH

I can't believe this is a bills website. Finfan as a moderator and now a troll who writes in the news section. I love what has been done with this site overall, but for crying out loud.

Philagape
09-29-2008, 07:30 PM
While the whole line has sucked, considering Peters' holdout and history, it's fair to single him out. I would like to see Dockery called out too considering his contract.