PDA

View Full Version : If I told you..

Buffalogic
09-29-2008, 08:58 PM
During training camp if I had told you that the bills were going to score over 30 points in two games and be 4-0, as well as have a top 10 defense in the league, do you think there would be as much *****ing about it then as there is now? :rofl:

gr8slayer
09-29-2008, 09:24 PM
During training camp if I had told you that the bills were going to score over 30 points in two games and be 4-0, as well as have a top 10 defense in the league, do you think there would be as much *****ing about it then as there is now? :rofl:
I'm sure people would have called you crazy, myself included. But I don't think we could have foreseen the Seahawks and Jaguars having the injuries they did. Also, who would have thought that the Rams would be on pace to be THE WORST team in league history?

Buffalogic
09-30-2008, 02:02 PM
Ya. Sucks having a team that's undefeated I guess....

TrEd FTW
09-30-2008, 02:04 PM
I expected us to be 3-1, with a loss to the Jags. So, I'm only mildly surprised about the 4-0 mark. I think the crumbling of the AFC superpowers (New England and seemingly Indy) is the bigger shock.

mayotm
09-30-2008, 02:24 PM
I expected us to be 3-1, with a loss to the Jags. So, I'm only mildly surprised about the 4-0 mark. I think the crumbling of the AFC superpowers (New England and seemingly Indy) is the biggest shock.Going into the season, I thought we would be going into the bye with a 3 - 2 record. Loss to Jags and loss to either Rams or Cards. Obviously, I'm very pleased that my expectations have been exceeded.

Pinkerton Security
09-30-2008, 02:30 PM
I'm sure people would have called you crazy, myself included. But I don't think we could have foreseen the Seahawks and Jaguars having the injuries they did. Also, who would have thought that the Rams would be on pace to be THE WORST team in league history?

well the Rams did only win 3 games last year, and added Chris Long and Avery through the draft. They got one year older too. They didnt win a game until around week 8 last year.

TrEd FTW
09-30-2008, 02:31 PM
The Rams were extremely banged up last season, though. I actually thought they'd win seven or eight games this season; so much for that.

Griff
09-30-2008, 04:50 PM
yes, we're still the bickering bills fans

OpIv37
09-30-2008, 05:45 PM

some of you have a very loose definition of "*****ing."

Doing power rankings and not putting the Bills #1, or agreeing with someone else's power rankings that don't put the Bills #1, is not *****ing.

Just because we're undefeated doesn't mean every player is playing well, and holding players accountable for their performance is not *****ing.

Some of us like to watch the games and analyze what happens. That means comparing our team to teams we haven't played and judging the performance of players on our team. I see a lot of people here doing that. I don't see too many people actually *****ing.

Griff
09-30-2008, 05:54 PM
some of you have a very loose definition of "*****ing."

Doing power rankings and not putting the Bills #1, or agreeing with someone else's power rankings that don't put the Bills #1, is not *****ing.

Just because we're undefeated doesn't mean every player is playing well, and holding players accountable for their performance is not *****ing.

Some of us like to watch the games and analyze what happens. That means comparing our team to teams we haven't played and judging the performance of players on our team. I see a lot of people here doing that. I don't see too many people actually *****ing.

please we could finish 19-0 and some people would still say we aren't the best team in the league. Not that I think we are, we just aren't scheduled to play anybody who is performing better.

OpIv37
09-30-2008, 05:59 PM
please we could finish 19-0 and some people would still say we aren't the best team in the league. Not that I think we are, we just aren't scheduled to play anybody who is performing better.

well, when it takes a last second FG to beat the Raiders and we play a terrible half of football against the worst team in the league, people have damn good reasons for saying we're not the best team in the league.

And who really cares anyway? The only people who are making the case that we are the best team in the league are the blind homers who decided in April that we were going 19-0 and can't bear to consider any other possibilities.

Griff
09-30-2008, 06:12 PM
well, when it takes a last second FG to beat the Raiders and we play a terrible half of football against the worst team in the league, people have damn good reasons for saying we're not the best team in the league.

And who really cares anyway? The only people who are making the case that we are the best team in the league are the blind homers who decided in April that we were going 19-0 and can't bear to consider any other possibilities.

considering our schedule, I'm gonna take any loss on the chin, after the Chargers game there is not a single team I'm worried about again until week 16.

Meathead
09-30-2008, 06:41 PM
as some of youse may recall, my mantra for two months prior to the season was "two and two baby" for the first quarter of the season, so naturally im ecstatic with 4-0

and youre right, some people around here are amazingly ungrateful for what has been a great start

OpIv37
09-30-2008, 07:31 PM
as some of youse may recall, my mantra for two months prior to the season was "two and two baby" for the first quarter of the season, so naturally im ecstatic with 4-0

and youre right, some people around here are amazingly ungrateful for what has been a great start

what you call "ungrateful" some of us call "looking forward."

Think of it this way: you have no money and you're trying to hitch-hike 400 miles. Some philanthropist gives you a somewhat beat-up used car with a full gas tank, but you don't know if the car has enough range go the full 400 miles on one tank. It doesn't make you ungrateful for the car to wonder if the car will make it the full 400 miles without breaking down or running out of gas.

ServoBillieves
09-30-2008, 07:55 PM
Ya. Sucks having a team that's undefeated I guess....
It's tough isn't it :-/

The sky is eternally falling on Bills fans, and since those teams were all so battered by injuries (even though we were starting a backup tackle and our #1 LB is on IR, along with starting a second year QB and RB) we should've been guaranteed victors!

Someone needs to tell the NFL that we should play the Steelers, Colts, Cowboys, Giants, Chargers, and Patriots as our first 6 games of the year so that we immediately know how we stack up against the "elite."

Griff
09-30-2008, 08:43 PM
what you call "ungrateful" some of us call "looking forward."

Think of it this way: you have no money and you're trying to hitch-hike 400 miles. Some philanthropist gives you a somewhat beat-up used car with a full gas tank, but you don't know if the car has enough range go the full 400 miles on one tank. It doesn't make you ungrateful for the car to wonder if the car will make it the full 400 miles without breaking down or running out of gas.

that's your problem, you can't see the Bills as a good team, despite us being 4-0. You're waiting for the other shoe to drop instead of enjoying our great start.

FlyingDutchman
09-30-2008, 09:53 PM
Donte Whitner told us