PDA

View Full Version : lacharles bentley

jimbohastle51
09-29-2008, 09:36 PM
would be nice if we brought a guy like him in to compete with fowler. i bet since the season has already started he would come cheap just to get on a team. that guy at 70% is twice what fowler is.

Goobylal
09-29-2008, 09:43 PM
There must be a reason Bentley is still unsigned. Like he's done.

The Spaz
09-29-2008, 09:45 PM
He also runs like a 14 second 40 yard dash and has whistle tips in his knees...

Block "O"
09-29-2008, 10:40 PM
I love my buckeyes but man there has to be something seriously wrong w/ him.

gr8slayer
09-29-2008, 10:41 PM
If he could play he'd be on a team right now. He's done for.

TrEd FTW
09-29-2008, 11:27 PM
Bentley was maybe the best center in the league when healthy. As gr8 said, Bentley would be on someone's roster right now if he had anything left. It's a shame injuries wrecked a very promising career.

yordad
09-29-2008, 11:41 PM
Screw that, I wanna take a look.

gr8slayer
09-29-2008, 11:42 PM
Screw that, I wanna take a look.
If he isn't healthy enough for the Rams who are always struggling along the OL what makes you think he'll be healthy enough for us?

yordad
09-29-2008, 11:49 PM
If he isn't healthy enough for the Rams who are always struggling along the OL what makes you think he'll be healthy enough for us?Fowler sucks(?). I believe due diligence is is order.

gr8slayer
09-29-2008, 11:53 PM
Fowler sucks(?). I believe due diligence is is order.
Fowler may suck, but he's still better than a guy who can't pass a physical.

yordad
09-29-2008, 11:54 PM
Fowler may suck, but he's still better than a guy who can't pass a physical.Well, I would prefer a second opinion.

gr8slayer
09-29-2008, 11:56 PM
Well, I would prefer a second opinion.
He failed with the Lions, Rams, and Browns. It's honestly a stupid idea, the guy is done for.

yordad
09-29-2008, 11:58 PM
He failed with the Lions, Rams, and Browns.All in the past week? Maybe he had a hangnail(?).

gr8slayer
09-30-2008, 12:00 AM
All in the past week? Maybe he had a hangnail(?).
The fact that he HAD more than ten teams contact him and none of them signed him should be a pretty damn good indication of what he has left in the tank. It would be a great Madden move but would be a horrible real-life move. We'll be drafting our next starting C.

By the way, he made it pretty clear in the past that he wanted to play OG, not Center.

yordad
09-30-2008, 01:05 AM
The fact that he HAD more than ten teams contact him and none of them signed him should be a pretty damn good indication of what he has left in the tank. It would be a great Madden move but would be a horrible real-life move. We'll be drafting our next starting C.

By the way, he made it pretty clear in the past that he wanted to play OG, not Center.Maybe he was holding out for a guard job(?). Maybe he wanted too much cash(?). Maybe he overestimated his value(?).

My point is, maybe he isn't washed up. I know I didn't examine him. Did the Bills? Did you? Maybe you could provide a "Lacharles Bentley: Washed UP" link(?).

njsue
09-30-2008, 01:23 AM
Looks like many teams have expressed interested including the Buffalo Bills.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LeCharles_Bentley

Mr. Pink
09-30-2008, 07:15 AM
Apparently the fact that he's had talks with 3 teams the past offseason with NONE having any interest to keep him...as evidenced by the fact he still doesn't have a job isn't a clear enough indicator for some people.

Like I said during the offseason a few times on here...if Cleveland cuts him it's because he can't play anymore. They hung on to him for 2 straight seasons after the injury on the hopes he could.

Isn't it obviously apparent given the entire situation he's done as an NFL caliber player?

BTW it's LeCharles not lacharles.

tampabay25690
09-30-2008, 07:18 AM
would be nice if we brought a guy like him in to compete with fowler. i bet since the season has already started he would come cheap just to get on a team. that guy at 70% is twice what fowler is.

Same reason why TAKEO SPIKES doesn't have a job!!!!!

There done

gr8slayer
09-30-2008, 08:33 AM
Same reason why TAKEO SPIKES doesn't have a job!!!!!

There done
:lol: yeah he does. He's actually starting in San Fran now; he actually beat out Ulbrich for the starting job and had a pretty damn good game last week.

Lexwhat
09-30-2008, 01:24 PM
:lol: yeah he does. He's actually starting in San Fran now; he actually beat out Ulbrich for the starting job and had a pretty damn good game last week.

I actually wish we had Takeo Spikes right about now.

Keith Ellison or Takeo Spikes?

tampabay25690
09-30-2008, 02:48 PM

Thats good to know, I had no clue he was still playing.
Thanks for the heads up

Goobylal
09-30-2008, 03:14 PM
I'd take Ellison over Spikes. Spikes isn't the player he once was and will be 32 by the end of the year. Sure he'll make plays occasionally, but so too will Ellison.

Lexwhat
09-30-2008, 03:29 PM
I'd take Ellison over Spikes. Spikes isn't the player he once was and will be 32 by the end of the year. Sure he'll make plays occasionally, but so too will Ellison.
Spikes is obviously not the player he once was, and I realize that. But Spikes > Ellison, without a doubt.

Ellison is the weakest link in our defense, and hasen't made a play in 2 years. He has no business being a starter in this league.

It's a moot point anyways, and I'm not seriously thinking that we should have signed Spikes. I do think there are a boatload of LBs who are better than Keith Ellison though.

In fact, I think John DiGiorgio should be starting over Ellison right now.

JerseyBoofaloBills
09-30-2008, 04:48 PM
ill take spikes over ellison anyday of the week..

hell, Spikes(torn acl) > ellison 100%

Ed
09-30-2008, 05:34 PM
Apparently the fact that he's had talks with 3 teams the past offseason with NONE having any interest to keep him...as evidenced by the fact he still doesn't have a job isn't a clear enough indicator for some people.

Like I said during the offseason a few times on here...if Cleveland cuts him it's because he can't play anymore. They hung on to him for 2 straight seasons after the injury on the hopes he could.

Isn't it obviously apparent given the entire situation he's done as an NFL caliber player?

BTW it's LeCharles not lacharles.
You would think so...

The guy had a staph infection that ate away at his tendon and a virus that almost required the amputation of his leg. It sounds like the guy is lucky just to be walking normally.

It's time for people to except the fact that the season has already started and Fowler is our center. There's no one at this point that we can just bring in and plug in at the position.

Griff
09-30-2008, 05:45 PM
Is there a free agent that hasn't had a lets sign him thread?

Goobylal
09-30-2008, 08:31 PM
Spikes is obviously not the player he once was, and I realize that. But Spikes > Ellison, without a doubt.

Ellison is the weakest link in our defense, and hasen't made a play in 2 years. He has no business being a starter in this league.

It's a moot point anyways, and I'm not seriously thinking that we should have signed Spikes. I do think there are a boatload of LBs who are better than Keith Ellison though.

In fact, I think John DiGiorgio should be starting over Ellison right now.
What has Ellison done, or not done, to say he's the weakest link? Or that Spikes would be better?

PromoTheRobot
10-01-2008, 08:50 AM

I love it when people say things like "at 70% player X is much better than player Y." First of all, how do you you measure what percentage a player is? Check his Madden score? Put the game controller down and get some sunshine once in a while.

PTR