PDA

View Full Version : Right now do you see any Bills players as potential pro bowlers?

njsue
09-30-2008, 01:29 AM
I see :

Pozilla

Ashton Youboty

Donte Whitner

Marcus Stroud

Roscoe Parrish

Lee Evans

** Marshawn Lynch needs to have huge break out game to make the list**

Oaf
09-30-2008, 01:48 AM
Stroud
Poz
Peters :snicker2:

Williams (alt?)
McGee (alt?)

TrEd FTW
09-30-2008, 01:51 AM
Trent Edwards will throw for 3,500-plus yards, over 20 TDs, fewer than 10 INTs and make it.

Moorman, Lynch, Evans and Peters all have a shot.

Stroud's gonna deserve it, for sure, because he's the defensive MVP, the straw that stirs the drink. Without Marcus, we're probably an average-at-best defense. Whether he gets in, who knows? It's a big popularity contest.

clumping platelets
09-30-2008, 01:58 AM
Poz, Stroud,Whitner, Lindell, Moorman

Parrish is he hadn't gotten hurt

Dr. Lecter
09-30-2008, 05:57 AM
I am not sure about Moorman. Lechler is very good as well. Poz is not a Pro Bowler. Youboty is not a starter, let alone a pro bowler. Evans is not a Pro Bowl guy.

Stroud should be. Whitner will have a tough time with Reed and Polalameu (sp) in the AFC.

Really there are only 1-3 guys who have a real chance.

jamesiscool
09-30-2008, 06:06 AM
Poz, whitner, maybe lindell?

Mitchy moo
09-30-2008, 06:19 AM
If it's about helping your team win and being clutch, Edwards.

BlackMetalNinja
09-30-2008, 06:38 AM
Realistically, Stroud and possibly Lindell... Edwards doesn't have the name value or TDs necessary at this point to unseat some of the top dogs, and Lynch just doesn't have the yards, though he has less competition outside of LT and Larry Johnson.

Mr. Pink
09-30-2008, 06:51 AM
Honestly, I don't see anyone on this team being a Probowl starter.

Our standout guys have opposition in the AFC that is a. better than them and b. more name revognition.

You say Poz...the nation says Ray Lewis.
You say Moorman...welcome to Lechler.
Evans? Moss, Marshall, Welker, Ocho
Lynch doesn't have the numbers to justify even being thought of as a probowler on top of the fact no one in the league can carry LT's jock.
Whitner? :rofl: Reed and Polamulu and then Bob Sanders - even though he's hurt.
Youboty? a nickle back making the probowl, riiiight.

I'd be shocked if we had any probowl starters or if we sent more than 2 guys to the probowl at all.

DraftBoy
09-30-2008, 07:18 AM
Probably only Stroud and really he's the only one who deserves it too. Nobody else on this team has exhibited pro bowl caliber play. We've won by good plays from everybody when needed not by one guy leading us.

HHURRICANE
09-30-2008, 07:23 AM
Edwards
Stroud
Poz

Yobouty is playing great but the Pro Bowl has little to do without how solid you are.

Griff
09-30-2008, 08:28 AM
Trent
Big Play Lee
Marshawn
Freddie
First Down Reed
Stroud
Kyle
Poz
McGee
Youboty
Whitner

The bolded players are having a pro bowl year right now, the un bolded are doing very well, and could sneak in.

Meathead
09-30-2008, 08:32 AM
marv levy

ALL D
09-30-2008, 08:39 AM
Stroud, Edwards, Youboty (if he keeps up this level of play)

BlackMetalNinja
09-30-2008, 08:45 AM
Wow, Youboty isn't even the best CB on this team, or the 2nd best in the mind of the coaching staff, how in the hell do you think he's going to be considered Top 3-4 in the AFC????

Griff
09-30-2008, 08:49 AM
Wow, Youboty isn't even the best CB on this team, or the 2nd best in the mind of the coaching staff, how in the hell do you think he's going to be considered Top 3-4 in the AFC????

he's a great nickel back, I'm hoping he gets voted in for that reason.

Dr. Lecter
09-30-2008, 08:49 AM

Reggie Corner for the Pro Bowl!!!

I hope to see Whitner in the Pro Bowl, just so I can read the Op rant!

The King
09-30-2008, 08:55 AM
Willis McGayee.

patmoran2006
09-30-2008, 09:35 AM
Id like to say I think its absurd to even discuss the Pro Bowl after only 4 weeks. I think the season should be no less than half over before you can even begin to determine if a player is Pro Bowl worthy.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
But what the hell, since everyone else is doing it.<o:p></o:p>
LOCK
Marcus Stroud: 2 Sacks, Big reputation and has changed the culture of our front seven. Barring injury, he’s going to <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:State w:st="on">Hawaii</st1:State></st1:place>.<o:p></o:p>
VERY REALISTIC<o:p></o:p>
Marshawn Lynch: Only 3.5 YPC and hasn’t had a 100-yard game yet. But he is on pace for over 1400 total yards from scrimmage and 16 TD’s. Those are definitely Pro Bowl numbers. He’s also developing a big-name reputation which will help.<o:p></o:p>
REALISTIC<o:p></o:p>
Trent Edwards: As always there will be a lot of competition. Cutler should be a lock while Favre looks real good. Peyton Manning is right there as is Rothliesberger. But if Edwards keeps it up, stays healthy and the Bills end up winning 11 or more games, he’ll have a great chance.<o:p></o:p>
SO-SO CHANCE<o:p></o:p>
Lee Evans: On pace for over 1300 yards already, and Evans is a notorious slow starter. If he continues his trend of getting better in the second half he will end up with a huge season. Moss and Welker aren’t locks any longer with Brady gone, and either is Chad Johnson. He has a shot.<o:p></o:p>
NOT LIKELY, BUT NOT IMPOSSIBLE<o:p></o:p>
Aaron Schobel: Hey, reputation proceeds itself. Look at all the Pro Bowls Ruben Brown made. Schobel only has one sack, but if he can go on a run over a couple of games and he ends up around the 7-8 sack mark, he will get considered.<o:p></o:p>
Donte Whitner: I personally don’t’ think he makes enough plays to be considered a Pro Bowler, but his tackle numbers are among safety leaders and he’s considered the leader of this team. That will mean something.<o:p></o:p>

VeggieMan14
09-30-2008, 09:37 AM
Stroud WHitner Kyle Williams and edwards... maybe evans

RockStar36
09-30-2008, 09:44 AM
Wow. There is quite a bit of homerism in this thread.

gr8slayer
09-30-2008, 11:11 AM
Stroud is about the only one right now. I would say Parrish as well as a returner had he not gotten injured.

ParanoidAndroid
09-30-2008, 12:46 PM
Stroud and Poz. Maybe Parrish, maybe Moorman.

Edwards looks good but he would have to unseat a couple really good QB's to make it in the AFC. Manning, Favre, Cutler, Rivers, and even Rothleisberger.

Lynch has pro-bowl talent, but he isn't benefitting from a mediocre o-line in terms of run blocking.

Lexwhat
09-30-2008, 01:49 PM
The only ones that deserve to go are Stroud, Edwards, and Moorman. Perhaps Jauron as head coach.

1. Moorman might not make it because of Shane Lechler.

2. Not Lindell -- He's not well known around the league like other kickers.

3. Not Whitner -- He doesn't even deserve it. Not over Sanders, Polamalu, and Dawan Landry. Even Gibril Wilson (Raiders) may be picked over Whitner just by popularity.

4. Not Poz -- Ray Lewis will make it over him. Jarod Mayo might be defensive ROY. James Farrior is also well known, as is DeMeco Ryans and David Harris.

5. Aaron Schobel might make it due to popularity, but he certainly doesn't deserve it.

TrEd FTW
09-30-2008, 01:52 PM
Perhaps Jauron as head coach.

If Jauron's the head coach, that would mean the Bills lost in the AFC title game.

Lexwhat
09-30-2008, 01:54 PM
If Jauron's the head coach, that would mean the Bills lost in the AFC title game.

Is that how it works? I didn't know that. I thought it was a popular vote just like all the player positions.

TrEd FTW
09-30-2008, 02:06 PM
Is that how it works? I didn't know that. I thought it was a popular vote just like all the player positions.

Yep. Check out the coaches for each side over the years: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pro_Bowl. You'll notice that all lost their respective title games during that same season.

Patti120
09-30-2008, 03:11 PM
I think that the midget trainer is a lock.

Billiever86
09-30-2008, 04:51 PM
I dont see anyone making the prowbowl as of now....but still time

Akhippo
09-30-2008, 10:24 PM
If Edwards keeps up the fourth qtr heroics hes a LOCK. D Anderson made it last year and he didnt even start the season. Manning is starting very slow. Rivers team is sketchy, Big Ben is getting hammered but might pull it out. Favre will crash and burn before the season is over. Cutler is a lock.

Evans will make it if he rides the coat tales of Edwards.

POZ if the team continues to win. J Mayo is still trying to catch Ronnie Brown, he wont have time. R Lewis is a lock.

LT and LJ have the upper hand, but I only see Tenn's back and Lynch as any competition.

DraftBoy
10-01-2008, 07:12 AM
How anyone can look at the inconsistent play of Trent Edwards and think thats pro bowl worthy is beyond me. Pro Bowl players dont just make plays in one quarter but they do in every quarter game in and game out. Only Stroud so far has done that effectively.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
10-01-2008, 07:15 AM
I don't think week 4 is the time to make a judgment. Gotta get through half the season at least.

jdbillsfan
10-01-2008, 08:17 AM
Honestly, I don't see anyone on this team being a Probowl starter.

Our standout guys have opposition in the AFC that is a. better than them and b. more name revognition.

You say Poz...the nation says Ray Lewis.
You say Moorman...welcome to Lechler.
Evans? Moss, Marshall, Welker, Ocho
Lynch doesn't have the numbers to justify even being thought of as a probowler on top of the fact no one in the league can carry LT's jock.
Whitner? :rofl: Reed and Polamulu and then Bob Sanders - even though he's hurt.
Youboty? a nickle back making the probowl, riiiight.

I'd be shocked if we had any probowl starters or if we sent more than 2 guys to the probowl at all.

Welker and Ocho? Moss may get in, but it would be on name alone. Without Brady, Welker is coming back to earth and Ocho hasn't done jack all season. Housh is putting up better numbers than ocho.

Evans is the 2nd leading WR in the AFC behind Marshall, so to say that is out of the question is not true.

jdbillsfan
10-01-2008, 08:21 AM
How anyone can look at the inconsistent play of Trent Edwards and think thats pro bowl worthy is beyond me. Pro Bowl players dont just make plays in one quarter but they do in every quarter game in and game out. Only Stroud so far has done that effectively.

I am pretty sure everyone on this board has seen the play of Edwards which is why he is in the discussion. Obviously it is still early, but he is the 3rd rated passer in the AFC behind Cutler and Rivers and he is on a 4-0 team.

He is completing over 65% of his passes and thrown only two INT's.

That doesn't sound that inconsistent.

He does what it takes to win the game and that is a sign of a pro bowl QB. I think the team is still a little inconsistent, especially when it comes to pass protecting, but Trent is playing well.

I think that it is too early to say on him, just because he is still young as well as the season, but it shouldn't just be dismissed....

BuffaloBillsStampede
10-01-2008, 08:51 AM
Stroud, and Kyle Williams both deserve it. I wouldn't say POZ yet but maybe in a couple weeks. Whitner has a chance. I would put Edwards in so far because without him we are at best 1-3.

bflobarry
10-01-2008, 09:42 AM
Stroud for sure, Edwards maybe. No one else yet....

mybills
10-01-2008, 09:52 AM
right now? week 4 going on week 5? No.

yordad
10-01-2008, 11:09 AM
Stroud is about the only one right now. I would say Parrish as well as a returner had he not gotten injured.Um.. I was gonna say word-for word. Then I clicked on page two and bam. Anyways, I agree with gr8.

That said, I ain't voting for anyone. They always come back wanting a bigger contract. Stroud will deserve one (if his play continues), but I don't want the back against the wall scenerio again.

If the Bills continue to rack up wins, Edwards will get some consideration.

Oaf
10-01-2008, 11:57 AM
Stroud.

Poz and Williams as alts.