View Full Version : Arizona WR Boldin has a fractured sinus membrane

njsue
09-30-2008, 07:27 AM
Per Mike & Mike radio show

Bad for him.

Good for the Bills.

HHURRICANE
09-30-2008, 07:39 AM
I thought he was dead after that hit. I hope the guy makes a full recovery. The Jets guy got fined $50,000 and suspeneded one game.

The Bills still have a good offense to play but it got a little easier.

jamesiscool
09-30-2008, 08:01 AM
Who is az's 3rd wide out now that Johnson is gone? Anyone to be afraid of?

The Spaz
09-30-2008, 08:06 AM

Steve Breaston. He has been a good slot guy with the 2 big guns on the outside to protect him so who knows if he can step up.

madness
09-30-2008, 08:06 AM
Any word on expected timeframe for Boldin?

That's another injured receiver on my bench. :mad:

madness
09-30-2008, 08:08 AM
Steve Breaston. He has been a good slot guy with the 2 big guns on the outside to protect him so who knows if he can step up.

He's also their PR & KR so he's obviously dangerous if he has open space.

Goobylal
09-30-2008, 08:10 AM
Steve Breaston. He's decent but no Boldin.

The Spaz
09-30-2008, 08:11 AM
He's also their PR & KR so he's obviously dangerous if he has open space.

Key word is if.

Griff
09-30-2008, 08:19 AM
Key word is if.

he's probably no more of a threat than Roscoe, keep a man on him and he'll be shut down.

Saratoga Slim
09-30-2008, 08:20 AM
With McGee out, I'm interested to see who covers Fitzgerald. My guess is we stick with the same set up as last week - Greer stays put and Youboty fills in for Terrence. Which would likely put Youboty on Fitz a good share of downs.

BlackMetalNinja
09-30-2008, 08:21 AM
With McGee out, I'm interested to see who covers Fitzgerald. My guess is we stick with the same set up as last week - Greer stays put and McKelvin fills in for Terrence. Which would likely put McKelvin on Fitz a good share of downs.You mean Youboty? McKelvin filled in at nickel and Youboty took McGee's spot.

Saratoga Slim
09-30-2008, 08:22 AM
You mean Youboty? McKelvin filled in at nickel and Youboty took McGee's spot.

Yup, that's what I meant. Point was that Greer stays put.

mybills
09-30-2008, 08:23 AM
How do you fracture a membrane? I think they mean the bone around it.

RockStar36
09-30-2008, 08:23 AM
I hope Boldin makes a full recovery after this Sunday.

I would hope they move Greer over to handle Fitz personally.

relentless
09-30-2008, 08:45 AM
Arizona coach Ken Whisenhunt said he was uncertain if Boldin could return to action as early as Sunday, when the Cardinals have a home game against Buffalo.
"If it was left up to Anquan he would be able to play today," his father said. "But we have to err on the side of caution. If he's cleared medically, though, he'll play."

More on palmbeachpost.com

Griff
09-30-2008, 08:57 AM
With McGee out, I'm interested to see who covers Fitzgerald. My guess is we stick with the same set up as last week - Greer stays put and Youboty fills in for Terrence. Which would likely put Youboty on Fitz a good share of downs.

I would much rather have Greer on Fitz

Pinkerton Security
09-30-2008, 09:23 AM
I hope Boldin makes a full recovery after this Sunday.

I would hope they move Greer over to handle Fitz personally.

x2. Greer is our best man coverage guy, IMO.

Griff
09-30-2008, 09:29 AM
x2. Greer is our best man coverage guy, IMO.

man to man he's our best.

Mitchy moo
09-30-2008, 09:29 AM
Arizona coach Ken Whisenhunt said he was uncertain if Boldin could return to action as early as Sunday, when the Cardinals have a home game against Buffalo.
"If it was left up to Anquan he would be able to play today," his father said. "But we have to err on the side of caution. If he's cleared medically, though, he'll play."

More on palmbeachpost.com

If the guy is on a stretcher one week he shouldn't play the next.

Lexwhat
09-30-2008, 01:22 PM
My guess is he will play.

TrEd FTW
09-30-2008, 01:24 PM
I can't believe the lack of criticism Whisenhunt has received since this happened. Down 21 with under 30 seconds to play, how do you send a star receiver down the middle of the field, leaving him susceptible to a big hit? Idiotic coaching.

Pinkerton Security
09-30-2008, 01:34 PM
I can't believe the lack of criticism Whisenhunt has received since this happened. Down 21 with under 30 seconds to play, how do you send a star receiver down the middle of the field, leaving him susceptible to a big hit? Idiotic coaching.

its a little ridiculous to say coaching is why he got hurt. I understand hes a star, but if my coach was running handoffs when my team was down 21 with 30 seconds to go, or even pulling the stars off the field so they wouldnt get hurt trying to make a play, I'd be pissed.

TrEd FTW
09-30-2008, 01:36 PM
Coaching isn't why he got hurt, but the coaches' decision set him up to get hurt. Just take a knee; don't put your players in harm's way when the game is out of reach.

Pinkerton Security
09-30-2008, 01:38 PM
Coaching isn't why he got hurt, but the coaches' decision set him up to get hurt. Just take a knee; don't put your players in harm's way when the game is out of reach.

again, if the Bills were down 21 and we took a knee you'd be happy? I'd be pissed.

TrEd FTW
09-30-2008, 01:40 PM
Take a knee or hand it off. You'd be pissed if Lee Evans got sent down the middle of the field on a meaningless play and suffered a serious injury.

Mitchy moo
09-30-2008, 02:48 PM
Is Boldin playing this sunday??

Goobylal
09-30-2008, 03:03 PM
My guess is he will play.
My guess is he won't. I'd have put it at 50-50 (i.e. questionable he'd play) before the sinus membrane fracture news, since that was a wicked hit. Now I think it's 25% (doubtful).

DynaPaul
09-30-2008, 09:07 PM
That's too bad. I didn't even know you could fracture a sinus membrane. Wouldn't that technically be a rupture?

Confused
09-30-2008, 09:11 PM

with that attitude, i'M GLAD YOUR NOT A bILLS FAN.

TrEd FTW
09-30-2008, 09:15 PM
with that attitude, i'M GLAD YOUR NOT A bILLS FAN.

I'm not a Bills fan? Well, that's news to me.

SquishDaFish
09-30-2008, 09:22 PM
I think he meant not a Diehard Football fan. You never want your team handing off or kneeing when your down no matter how much time is left

Confused
09-30-2008, 09:24 PM
Yer here right? yer some sort of a fan. dont get your panties in a bunch!

TrEd FTW
09-30-2008, 09:26 PM
I think he meant not a Diehard Football fan. You never want your team handing off or kneeing when your down no matter how much time is left

Not a die-hard football fan? Bull. Excuse me for thinking the health of your players is more important than salvaging a little bit of pride in a 56-35 drubbing with 27 seconds left.

TrEd FTW
09-30-2008, 09:27 PM
Yer here right? yer some sort of a fan. dont get your panties in a bunch!

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a12/taylor_158/lolwut.jpg

njsue
09-30-2008, 09:30 PM
http://aolsearch.aol.com/aol/search?invocationType=client_searchbox&query=fractured%20sinus%20membrane

SABuffalo786
09-30-2008, 09:40 PM
Jabari shut down TO on MNF last season. If we have to cover a big name receiver man-to-man I'd like to see Greer on it.

I'd let Youbouty have a bit more flexibility. He's a TERRIFIC open field tackler.

TrEd FTW
09-30-2008, 09:42 PM
Youboty's tackling is reminiscent of Winfield's. It helps that he hails from Ohio State and wears 26.

dplus47
09-30-2008, 10:30 PM
just another perspective on this boldin hit.

how stupid is that jets player for launching himself headfirst into boldin when the game was already over? dude did the bills a huge favor by knocking out one of the cards' best players for next week. stupid jets. they can't even knock people out correctly.

CuseJetsFan83
10-01-2008, 06:56 AM
just another perspective on this boldin hit.

how stupid is that jets player for launching himself headfirst into boldin when the game was already over? dude did the bills a huge favor by knocking out one of the cards' best players for next week. stupid jets. they can't even knock people out correctly.

if you watch the replays it makes it worse than it was at real speed...
plus having kerry rhodes engage the tackle from behind didn't help things.

im happy the suspension is only 1 game, and for all intensive purposes boldin is fine

jamze132
10-01-2008, 07:22 AM
I think it's in Bolden's best interest to sit a week. If he catches the ball, any hit from a safety is going to jar the **** out of him. It's going to hurt.

Dujek
10-01-2008, 07:31 AM
I think it's in Bolden's best interest to sit a week. If he catches the ball, any hit from a safety is going to jar the **** out of him. It's going to hurt.

Unless it's Whitner, because we all know he's not a big hitter.

SABuffalo786
10-01-2008, 08:07 AM
Lulz

yordad
10-01-2008, 08:19 AM
I have fractured the bone between your eye and nose on 2 or three different occasions. Twice it was x-rayed. The third time I already knew what it was so I didn't bother getting it looked at.

He wears a helmet. He could still play. Does it say he is out on their injury report?

Pinkerton Security
10-01-2008, 08:23 AM

i kinda hope he does play so when we beat them we they have less excuses.

Mitchy moo
10-01-2008, 08:28 AM
i kinda hope he does play so when we beat them we they have less excuses.

Every Bills hater will come up with something either way, they might even put us 5th on our own power rankings.

New Ro's Greatest
10-01-2008, 08:43 AM

Jerheme Urban. He is O.K nothing special. They also have Breston too. He is more dangerous on KR/PR. GO BILLS:D:

Lexwhat
10-01-2008, 08:50 AM
I have fractured the bone between your eye and nose on 2 or three different occasions. Twice it was x-rayed. The third time I already knew what it was so I didn't bother getting it looked at.

He wears a helmet. He could still play. Does it say he is out on their injury report?

Same thing I thought. He can still play cuz of the helmet. He'll probally be in pain, but he's a tough SOB.

The official team web site is reporting that Cardinals WR Anquan Boldin (http://www.sportsline.com/players/playerpage/395928) is resting at home Monday after a violent collision at the Jets in Week 4 where he was hit on the helmet by Jets DB Eric Smith (http://www.sportsline.com/players/playerpage/421134) and was carted off the field and taken via ambulance to a hospital. He will be re-evaluated later in the week and has yet to be ruled in or out for Week 5 at Buffalo. (Updated 09/29/2008)

blackonyx89
10-01-2008, 08:53 AM
Per Mike & Mike radio show

Bad for him.

Good for the Bills.

OUCH!!!

Lexwhat
10-01-2008, 08:54 AM
Monday, September 29, 2008

<!--endtext--><!--begintext--> Carl Boldin of West Palm Beach said his son received "a couple of stitches on his lip" and suffered a fractured sinus membrane when he was sandwiched by Smith and Kerry Rhodes during the final minutes of the Jets' 56-35 victory at Giants Stadium.

Anquan Boldin was eventually carted off the field and taken to a nearby hospital, but quickly cleared. He returned home to Phoenix on Sunday night.
"They did a CT scan that came up negative and he was feeling good, so there was no reason to keep him," Carl Boldin said.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/content/sports/epaper/2008/09/29/0929boldin.html

yordad
10-01-2008, 09:14 AM
It is a non moving part. It amounts to roughly a blackeye. Anyone think a blackeye would keep him out? I don't think so. If he was concussed, that would be different.

jamze132
10-02-2008, 04:21 AM
It is a non moving part. It amounts to roughly a blackeye. Anyone think a blackeye would keep him out? I don't think so. If he was concussed, that would be different.
Fracturing a bone is a bit more than a black eye.

Like I said earlier, any hit he takes is going to be extremely painful this week.

Cntrygal
10-02-2008, 08:21 PM
Boldin has fractured sinus membrane

Anquan Boldin has a fractured sinus as a result of what he acknowledges was the worst hit he's received in his football career.

The Arizona Cardinals standout wide receiver doesn't know how long he will be sidelined, but when he returns, he says, there will be no change in his trademark tough, aggressive style.

"For me it was just a part of football," Boldin said after watching his teammates practice on Wednesday. "It's an unfortunate incident that happened but, you know, you take your bumps and bruises."

Boldin said he was consulting with doctors on whether to have the sinus repaired or let it heal on its own. He expected a decision "in the next couple of days."

This was posted about 8 hours ago.... (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80b4807f&template=with-video&confirm=true)

I'm pretty sure that there isn't any "new" news yet :couch: