Why are people taking our injuries so lightly around here??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Why are people taking our injuries so lightly around here??

McGee might me done for the season. He's getting an MRI and it didn't sound like it was precautionary.

Parrsih is out for 6 weeks, and considering it's his thumb, plan on him struggling even when he comes back.

Barnes got release becasue of his injury and our offense relies on a FB.

McGee, Barnes, and Parrish. That's a pretty good hit on starting players. Wait til McKelvin gets burned a couple of times by Arizona.
  • casdhf
    • Jul 2002

Re: Why are people taking our injuries so lightly around here??

Barnes is no big loss. He was a fan favorite, but FBs are everywhere.
    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• MikeInRoch
      • Sep 2003

Why do you think that we are taking them lightly? Because we aren't posting that the sky is falling?
      "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• Romes
        • Jul 2002

All reports are that McGee's injury is not that serious.

Like when Simpson had an MRI on his ankle it's just a precautionary thing.
        Originally posted by paladin warrior
        RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

I don't think anyone is taking any injury lightly, but the fact is that Barnes can be replaced, Roscoe will be back about 3 games after the bye, and all we know now is that McGee will be out 3-4 weeks. IF McGee's injury is more serious, it will be a blow.

But at the moment, our injuries are not nearly as bad as some teams, and nowhere near the epidemic we suffered last year.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• The Spaz
            • Mar 2003

Trying to stir up a happy bunch around here after the 4-0 start I guess....lol

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
              I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
              • May 2005

Besides the above mentioned reasons... I think our senses are a little dulled after what we dealt with last year.

Comment

• Night Train
                Retired - On Several Levels
                • Jul 2005

Depth

Youboty was first off the bench against the Rams. McKelvin moved to the nickel.

Our new FB is 6 ft 258 and was Atlanta's ST's Capt. last year. Supposedly a great blocker. I trust the Bills here.

I miss Parrish but McKelvin can return kicks. Josh Reed should always be the slot guy.(How many big 3rd down catches has he already made ?) If the worry is the #2 WR (Hardy and his raw mistakes) then activate Steve Johnson and his sure hands for now or give Jenkins some looks.

None are the magnitude of last season...yet.
                Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                  McGee might me done for the season. He's getting an MRI and it didn't sound like it was precautionary.

Parrsih is out for 6 weeks, and considering it's his thumb, plan on him struggling even when he comes back.

Barnes got release becasue of his injury and our offense relies on a FB.

McGee, Barnes, and Parrish. That's a pretty good hit on starting players. Wait til McKelvin gets burned a couple of times by Arizona.
                  Our O doesn't rely on a FB. They scored 18 points in the second half without using a FB at all. Losing Barnes sucks, but I don't think it's as big a deal as you think.

After seeing Hardy suck it up, losing Parrish hurts more than I originally thought, but Hardy will get better.

As far as McGee, if he is lost for the season, that could be a problem. But Greer and Youboty are very good and can pick up the slack. McKelvin scares me and will probably take his lumps, but hopefully the pass rush can help him out.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                    I don't think anyone is taking any injury lightly, but the fact is that Barnes can be replaced, Roscoe will be back about 3 games after the bye, and all we know now is that McGee will be out 3-4 weeks. IF McGee's injury is more serious, it will be a blow.

But at the moment, our injuries are not nearly as bad as some teams, and nowhere near the epidemic we suffered last year.
                    McGee and Parrish, are 2 best special teams players, are not starting for a road game this week.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                      • Jul 2002

Mcgee's injury is being reported as mild. He would be the only one I would be overly concerned about

Comment

• mybills
                        81 st zoner
                        • Jul 2002

I would never take McGee's injury lightly.

...or anyone else for that matter.

But I have noticed some evil posts about certain players.
                        I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                          Our O doesn't rely on a FB. They scored 18 points in the second half without using a FB at all. Losing Barnes sucks, but I don't think it's as big a deal as you think.

After seeing Hardy suck it up, losing Parrish hurts more than I originally thought, but Hardy will get better.

As far as McGee, if he is lost for the season, that could be a problem. But Greer and Youboty are very good and can pick up the slack. McKelvin scares me and will probably take his lumps, but hopefully the pass rush can help him out.
                          Am I missing something on Mcgee? What is this lost for the season talk?

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                            McGee and Parrish, are 2 best special teams players, are not starting for a road game this week.
                            Yes that does suck but I don't think Jackson and Mckelvin are complete slouches as return men. I don't see this as a huge drop off.

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                              Am I missing something on Mcgee? What is this lost for the season talk?
                              this thread is the first I've heard of it myself.

Last night they were saying it was mild.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X