PDA

View Full Version : Why are people taking our injuries so lightly around here??

HHURRICANE
09-30-2008, 07:45 AM
McGee might me done for the season. He's getting an MRI and it didn't sound like it was precautionary.

Parrsih is out for 6 weeks, and considering it's his thumb, plan on him struggling even when he comes back.

Barnes got release becasue of his injury and our offense relies on a FB.

McGee, Barnes, and Parrish. That's a pretty good hit on starting players. Wait til McKelvin gets burned a couple of times by Arizona.

casdhf
09-30-2008, 07:59 AM
Barnes is no big loss. He was a fan favorite, but FBs are everywhere.

MikeInRoch
09-30-2008, 08:00 AM
Why do you think that we are taking them lightly? Because we aren't posting that the sky is falling?

Romes
09-30-2008, 08:01 AM
All reports are that McGee's injury is not that serious.

Like when Simpson had an MRI on his ankle it's just a precautionary thing.

Jan Reimers
09-30-2008, 08:02 AM
I don't think anyone is taking any injury lightly, but the fact is that Barnes can be replaced, Roscoe will be back about 3 games after the bye, and all we know now is that McGee will be out 3-4 weeks. IF McGee's injury is more serious, it will be a blow.

But at the moment, our injuries are not nearly as bad as some teams, and nowhere near the epidemic we suffered last year.

The Spaz
09-30-2008, 08:04 AM
Trying to stir up a happy bunch around here after the 4-0 start I guess....lol

BlackMetalNinja
09-30-2008, 08:05 AM
Besides the above mentioned reasons... I think our senses are a little dulled after what we dealt with last year.

Night Train
09-30-2008, 08:06 AM
Depth

Youboty was first off the bench against the Rams. McKelvin moved to the nickel.

Our new FB is 6 ft 258 and was Atlanta's ST's Capt. last year. Supposedly a great blocker. I trust the Bills here.

I miss Parrish but McKelvin can return kicks. Josh Reed should always be the slot guy.(How many big 3rd down catches has he already made ?) If the worry is the #2 WR (Hardy and his raw mistakes) then activate Steve Johnson and his sure hands for now or give Jenkins some looks.

None are the magnitude of last season...yet.

OpIv37
09-30-2008, 08:06 AM
McGee might me done for the season. He's getting an MRI and it didn't sound like it was precautionary.

Parrsih is out for 6 weeks, and considering it's his thumb, plan on him struggling even when he comes back.

Barnes got release becasue of his injury and our offense relies on a FB.

McGee, Barnes, and Parrish. That's a pretty good hit on starting players. Wait til McKelvin gets burned a couple of times by Arizona.

Our O doesn't rely on a FB. They scored 18 points in the second half without using a FB at all. Losing Barnes sucks, but I don't think it's as big a deal as you think.

After seeing Hardy suck it up, losing Parrish hurts more than I originally thought, but Hardy will get better.

As far as McGee, if he is lost for the season, that could be a problem. But Greer and Youboty are very good and can pick up the slack. McKelvin scares me and will probably take his lumps, but hopefully the pass rush can help him out.

HHURRICANE
09-30-2008, 08:07 AM
I don't think anyone is taking any injury lightly, but the fact is that Barnes can be replaced, Roscoe will be back about 3 games after the bye, and all we know now is that McGee will be out 3-4 weeks. IF McGee's injury is more serious, it will be a blow.

But at the moment, our injuries are not nearly as bad as some teams, and nowhere near the epidemic we suffered last year.

McGee and Parrish, are 2 best special teams players, are not starting for a road game this week.

THATHURMANATOR
09-30-2008, 08:07 AM
Mcgee's injury is being reported as mild. He would be the only one I would be overly concerned about

mybills
09-30-2008, 08:08 AM
I would never take McGee's injury lightly. :cry:

...or anyone else for that matter.

But I have noticed some evil posts about certain players. :cynic:

THATHURMANATOR
09-30-2008, 08:08 AM
Our O doesn't rely on a FB. They scored 18 points in the second half without using a FB at all. Losing Barnes sucks, but I don't think it's as big a deal as you think.

After seeing Hardy suck it up, losing Parrish hurts more than I originally thought, but Hardy will get better.

As far as McGee, if he is lost for the season, that could be a problem. But Greer and Youboty are very good and can pick up the slack. McKelvin scares me and will probably take his lumps, but hopefully the pass rush can help him out.
Am I missing something on Mcgee? What is this lost for the season talk?

THATHURMANATOR
09-30-2008, 08:09 AM
McGee and Parrish, are 2 best special teams players, are not starting for a road game this week.
Yes that does suck but I don't think Jackson and Mckelvin are complete slouches as return men. I don't see this as a huge drop off.

OpIv37
09-30-2008, 08:10 AM

this thread is the first I've heard of it myself.

Last night they were saying it was mild.

BADTHINGSMAN
09-30-2008, 08:12 AM
It sucks losing Parrish and Mcgee, but Mckelvin and Jackson can still take the return duties. Jackson had a nice PR against the Rams.

As night train said if Hardy keeps struggling see what Jenkins and Johnson can do.

THATHURMANATOR
09-30-2008, 08:15 AM

So people are just talking nonsense again? :shakeno:

Patrick76777
09-30-2008, 08:15 AM
It's football. Injuries happen every week. These 3 won't be the last. Bet the farm on it.

No reason to freak out over injuries.

Griff
09-30-2008, 08:18 AM

the OP is just making things up to start a panic. Last year we had about 8 starters on IR, this year we only have one selfish starter in IR who won't even be resigned. Roscoe will be back by one of the divisional games, McGee as well, Barnes is a dime a dozen fullback.

mybills
09-30-2008, 08:18 AM
seems that way.

mybills
09-30-2008, 08:19 AM
the OP is just making things up to start a panic. Last year we had about 8 starters on IR, this year we only have one selfish starter in IR who won't even be resigned. Roscoe will be back by one of the divisional games, McGee as well, Barnes is a dime a dozen fullback.
you mean HURRICANE?

Goobylal
09-30-2008, 08:23 AM
McGee might be done for the season? From where the frick did you pull that one? He might be back for the Chargers game, and at worst the Dolphins game. And with Boldin probably out for this weekend's game, it's not as huge of a loss as it first appeared. Thankfully the Bills have depth and Mckelvin looked decent in the slot this past Sunday.

Barnes was a character, but he wasn't a good player. I don't know if McIntyre will be a better FB, but he can't be any worse, and he'll definitely be a better ST'er.

Parrish is a loss, but his PR duties are being capably filled by Fred Jackson and his WR's duties are being filled by Reed. That leaves a void at #2 WR (which was there even before Parrish got hurt, since neither he nor Reed are #2 WR's), which Hardy needs to fill.

Crowell is a non-story now.

Michael82
09-30-2008, 08:28 AM
Because we have solid depth!

MikeInRoch
09-30-2008, 08:28 AM
you mean HURRICANE?

OP = Original Poster. Yes, HURRICANE.

Griff
09-30-2008, 08:53 AM
you mean HURRICANE?

no I'm talking about Naughty by Nature... yes, I mean the original poster HHURRICANE.

Griff
09-30-2008, 08:55 AM
McGee might be done for the season? From where the frick did you pull that one? He might be back for the Chargers game, and at worst the Dolphins game. And with Boldin probably out for this weekend's game, it's not as huge of a loss as it first appeared. Thankfully the Bills have depth and Mckelvin looked decent in the slot this past Sunday.

Barnes was a character, but he wasn't a good player. I don't know if McIntyre will be a better FB, but he can't be any worse, and he'll definitely be a better ST'er.

Parrish is a loss, but his PR duties are being capably filled by Fred Jackson and his WR's duties are being filled by Reed. That leaves a void at #2 WR (which was there even before Parrish got hurt, since neither he nor Reed are #2 WR's), which Hardy needs to fill.

Crowell is a non-story now.

Reed is a fantastic #2, all he does is move the chains.

Mitchy moo
09-30-2008, 09:02 AM
I think that a loss of any starting player hurts a team but it's the talent of the guy that's replacing him that determines how bad that player is missed.

We're getting injuries in a area that has been well accounted for, thus far.

jmb1099
09-30-2008, 09:07 AM
ugh... better question... why be concerned about things I have absolutely no control over?

Pinkerton Security
09-30-2008, 09:56 AM
indeed, everyone has covered everything i would say:

1) we are numb to injuries because we had 19 guys on IR last year
2) We have solid depth
3) reports have said mcgee may be back after the bye, not sure where "lost for the season" came from

mybills
09-30-2008, 10:05 AM
no I'm talking about Naughty by Nature... yes, I mean the original poster HHURRICANE.
pardon me...OP is OpIv to some people.

lordofgun
09-30-2008, 10:16 AM
Barnes couldn't hold on to the ball.

Goobylal
09-30-2008, 10:46 AM
Reed is a fantastic #2, all he does is move the chains.
He's best-served in the slot IMHO. And it's OPP: other people's property (or p for woman's or man's thingy).

ajsdx
09-30-2008, 10:56 AM
pardon me...OP is OpIv to some people.

It's a subtle difference, but he said THE OP...not just OP. No one should refer to OpIv as "the Op."

trapezeus
09-30-2008, 11:00 AM
i'm not so worried about injuries. last year was the worst we saw ever. and the players really stepped up. the coaches have even made kurt chambers very servicable.

it's no fun to have injuries and it makes you weaker, but it seems like the coaches/trainers/and players are picking up their play for right now.

HAMMER
09-30-2008, 11:08 AM

He's a bit dramatic.

DraftBoy
09-30-2008, 11:37 AM
Because we are obviously invincible and unbeatable, duh!

streetkings01
09-30-2008, 11:57 AM
Way to over exaggerate! McGee is listed as out vs the Cardinals and questionable against the Chargers. Parrish is out 3-5 weeks, so counting the bye he'll be back no later than the week#9 against the Jets or as early as the Chargers game!

Griff
09-30-2008, 05:02 PM
He's best-served in the slot IMHO. And it's OPP: other people's property (or p for woman's or man's thingy).

I just call it other people's cause I'll take your stuff too, not just your lady ;)

*Griff does not advocate, nor participate in theft of any kind.

Griff
09-30-2008, 05:03 PM
It's a subtle difference, but he said THE OP...not just OP. No one should refer to OpIv as "the Op."

except for OpIv if he had a really big ego.

"The Op, says know your role!"

Bone
09-30-2008, 06:46 PM

That's hurricane for you.

gr8slayer
09-30-2008, 06:50 PM
McGee might be done for the year? When did this happen?

Griff
09-30-2008, 08:46 PM
McGee might be done for the year? When did this happen?

in Hurricane's delusion.

LABillsFan
09-30-2008, 10:25 PM
Hardy will have another week of practice, hopefully since he now has experienced being thrown to quite often in a game, the technique the coaches have been teaching him will sink in. I know he has had all off season, preseason and 4 games, but he hasn't been all that involved. Now he can actually see the chance he has. I give him another game before going to someone else.