PDA

View Full Version : Trent has a 136 QB rating in the 4th quarter

Mitchy moo
09-30-2008, 10:38 AM
If you want your team to win, when is it time for a QB to turn it on?? Games are won at the end 4th quarter, when the winning team dictates play.

If you have a 136 QB rating in the 4th quarter, your team is going to win alot of games, like our 4-0 start.

RockStar36
09-30-2008, 10:39 AM
You must have this idea that someone is bashing the Bills or Trent, which nobody is. It's just some people can look at the team and season objectively while some people just yell "BILLS RULE" and thats the end of the discussion.

Pinkerton Security
09-30-2008, 10:40 AM
If you want your team to win, when is it time for a QB to turn it on?? Games are won at the end 4th quarter, when the winning team dictates play.

If you have a 136 QB rating in the 4th quarter, your team is going to win alot of games, like our 4-0 start.

:grovel: we're not worthy! we're not worthy!

trapezeus
09-30-2008, 10:44 AM
but he isn't the 11th rated passer in the NFL./sarcasm off.

Mitchy moo
09-30-2008, 10:46 AM
You must have this idea that someone is bashing the Bills or Trent, which nobody is. It's just some people can look at the team and season objectively while some people just yell "BILLS RULE" and thats the end of the discussion.

If you have a QB with a 136 rating in a quarter and have to pick a quarter for him to do that, I'll take the 4th. Trent doesn't do it alone, the team does it. Power teams dictate play in the 4th quarter and execute their will to win games.

Any team can take a lead in any quarter, the end of 4th quarter is where the lead matters.

Pinkerton Security
09-30-2008, 10:49 AM
If you have a QB with a 136 rating in a quarter and have to pick a quarter for him to do that, I'll take the 4th. Trent doesn't do it alone, the team does it. Power teams dictate play in the 4th quarter.

Any team can take a lead in any quarter, the end of 4th quarter is where the lead matters.

i agree with skooby. I think its extremely telling of how much poise and moxie (sorry for the terrible cliches, it just fits) that Trent has. Its not like he has just a few meaningless completions in the 4th, in the Jax and Raiders games he played HUGE and basically won the game for us. He is a gamer, and not someone who buckles under pressure. So its great to see stellar numbers in the 4th.

RockStar36
09-30-2008, 10:52 AM
Trent's play at QB isn't my concern so I don't know what that is being brought up. I never once criticized Trent's play. It's other players around him that aren't showing up when they are supposed to. Put the score aside. The game against the Rams wasn't good. I'm glad they won, but I finished my Sunday feeling worse about the Bills than I did when I woke up on Sunday.

Mitchy moo
09-30-2008, 10:55 AM
i agree with skooby. I think its extremely telling of how much poise and moxie (sorry for the terrible cliches, it just fits) that Trent has. Its not like he has just a few meaningless completions in the 4th, in the Jax and Raiders games he played HUGE and basically won the game for us. He is a gamer, and not someone who buckles under pressure. So its great to see stellar numbers in the 4th.

You can't have great numbers in every quarter, it just doesn't work that way. Teams make adjustments or have long / sustained drives and eat up clock, which skews numbers. I care about the 4th quarter and how our team does there the most.

Mitchy moo
09-30-2008, 10:57 AM
Trent's play at QB isn't my concern so I don't know what that is being brought up. I never once criticized Trent's play. It's other players around him that aren't showing up when they are supposed to. Put the score aside. The game against the Rams wasn't good. I'm glad they won, but I finished my Sunday feeling worse about the Bills than I did when I woke up on Sunday.

It's funny that when a team starts to win games, that people have to find ways to pick apart how well they won. We beat the team by 17 points and the spread was 8.5, so we doubled it.

You woke up on the wrong side of the bed monday, wet.

RockStar36
09-30-2008, 11:00 AM
It's funny that when a team starts to win games, that people have to find ways to pick apart how well they won. We beat the team by 17 points and the spread was 8.5, so we doubled it.

You woke up on the wrong side of the bed monday, wet.

OR...

I watched Buffalo struggle against the worst team in the league. I watched Trent Green lead touchdown drives against the defense. I watched the worst defense in the league beat the **** out of Edwards for most of the game. I watched the great Jason Peters get beat by a rookie.

Mitchy moo
09-30-2008, 11:02 AM
OR...

I watched Buffalo struggle against the worst team in the league. I watched Trent Green lead touchdown drives against the defense. I watched the worst defense in the league beat the **** out of Edwards for most of the game. I watched the great Jason Peters get beat by a rookie.

When did the Bills struggle?? In the beginning?? That's the sign of a young team but we changed our plays and made adjustments and rolled them. You do realize that St. Louis did not score again in the 2nd half right??

BAM
09-30-2008, 11:06 AM

Oh just let them do it. It makes them feel better I think.

Me on the other hand, ECSTATIC right now baby! 4 AND 0. Wooo! :xtreme:

madness
09-30-2008, 11:14 AM
Oh just let them do it. It makes them feel better I think.

Me on the other hand, ECSTATIC right now baby! 4 AND 0. Wooo! :xtreme:

BTW, you forgot to add..."BILLS RULE!"...to the end of your post. :snicker:

BILLS RULE!

justasportsfan
09-30-2008, 11:14 AM
Let the hate go ,move on and enjoy the ride young jedi.

BAM
09-30-2008, 11:15 AM
BILLS RULE! :D

madness
09-30-2008, 11:24 AM
OR...

The coaching situation and the changes he made to the roster to get people to play for their jobs definitely had an impact on that game as well as changing their offensive and defensive scheme completely from every other game they played this season.

Not to mention the standard rule for a young QB is to blitz the crap out of them. You will not find any game film of the Rams earlier this season where they sent 6-7 guys at the QB.

I can't argue about Peters though. :shakeno:

P.S. BILLS RULE!

TacklingDummy
09-30-2008, 11:25 AM

But he is the 9th. :snicker:

The pick machine Brett Favre is the 1st along with his 12 TDs.

Mitchy moo
09-30-2008, 12:21 PM
Let the hate go ,move on and enjoy the ride young jedi.

Thank you master, LOL.

ublinkwescore
09-30-2008, 02:21 PM

But the Bills do rule right now, and that is the end of the discussion.

Mitchy moo
09-30-2008, 02:46 PM
Buffalo has outscored opponents 45-10 in the fourth quarter, wow.

RockStar36
09-30-2008, 03:09 PM
But the Bills do rule right now, and that is the end of the discussion.

They do.

I'm a HUGE Bills fan and I love the 4-0 start. I don't want people to get this negative perception about me. I'm just simply stating that I wasn't very impressed with Sunday's win. I expected more out of them. Sure the win was good, the halftime adjustments were good, but I expected a full 60 minutes.

Mitchy moo
09-30-2008, 03:19 PM
They do.

I'm a HUGE Bills fan and I love the 4-0 start. I don't want people to get this negative perception about me. I'm just simply stating that I wasn't very impressed with Sunday's win. I expected more out of them. Sure the win was good, the halftime adjustments were good, but I expected a full 60 minutes.

How many of the other teams you put ahead of us had a full 60 minute game on any given sunday after losing a game already?? Do their losses automatically preclude them from the "60" minute club??

We stopped killing Seattle in the 4th quarter after it was painfully obvious we still could of. Marshawn rested most of the 4th quarter, so I guess that game was a 45 minute drubbing and 15 minutes of fluff. So the Bills have had 0 - 60 minute games to date, yet won their last game by 17 points going away.

If you're ahead by enough, you turn the car off and save your players. Ask Boldin if he needed to catch a TD pass with 30 seconds left down, 21 points. That was a stupid coaching decision and has not seriously been brought up yet by the press. If Boldin sits this week, the odds on the Cardinals winning drops.

Tatonka
09-30-2008, 03:38 PM
so trent has definately played very well so far and i am highly impressed. i will say that as long as there is no bad weather, then i am completely confident that he wont hurt us and in most cases can help us win the game..

i am really not that worried about the injury thing right now either.. he has taken some tough shots and got up.

the ONLY thing that scares me is trent in bad weather.. snow.. rain.. wind.. i have not seen him play well in it yet.. he has looked down right bad at times in it.. i just need to see him prevail in those conditions and i will be convinced that he is our future. because a qb that cant play in bad weather should not be in buffalo.. i am sure it will just take experience..

justasportsfan
09-30-2008, 03:50 PM
If Peters doesn't get his head out of his arse soon, he could get Trent killed

Mitchy moo
09-30-2008, 05:01 PM
If Peters doesn't get his head out of his arse soon, he could get Trent killed

True.

Griff
09-30-2008, 06:06 PM
The Bills are very much a second half team.

SABURZFAN
10-01-2008, 07:58 AM

:rofl:

:drama:

SABURZFAN
10-01-2008, 08:00 AM
I don't want people to get this negative perception about me.

too late........