PDA

View Full Version : LOL, check out this power ranking....

yordad
09-30-2008, 11:18 AM
Huh? :idunno:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings

Mitchy moo
09-30-2008, 11:20 AM
Huh? :idunno:

It was updated about a week ago before this sunday's game, note the sept. 25th date. The records obviously fill in on their own, authors notes do not.

gr8slayer
09-30-2008, 11:22 AM
What's wrong with that?

justasportsfan
09-30-2008, 11:23 AM
the bills are too high.

Mr. Miyagi
09-30-2008, 11:26 AM
Until we convincingly beat a good team at its full strength, we still should be ranked lower than some of the top teams.

San Diego at home in 2 weeks here we go.

gr8slayer
09-30-2008, 11:27 AM
Until we convincingly beat a good team at its full strength, we still should be ranked lower than some of the top teams.

San Diego at home in 2 weeks here we go.
Still not at full strength :ill:

But it would be a good win and would be the best team we've faced to this point.

Mr. Miyagi
09-30-2008, 11:29 AM
Still not at full strength :ill: You can tell the future two weeks in advance?

gr8slayer
09-30-2008, 11:30 AM
You can tell the future two weeks in advance?
I can tell you that as it stands right now they aren't at full strength and have their fair share of injuries.

justasportsfan
09-30-2008, 11:30 AM
You can tell the future two weeks in advance?
Merriman is out for the season.

Mitchy moo
09-30-2008, 11:32 AM
It's funny we need to make excuses for winning. Teams last year didn't seem to mind winning against our injured team, so take that we didn't play a hard team BS to the trash. All NFL games are hard and the talent is always there.

gr8slayer
09-30-2008, 11:32 AM
Tucker got hurt last week and didn't return.

justasportsfan
09-30-2008, 11:34 AM
It's funny we need to make excuses for winning. Teams last year didn't seem to mind winning against our injured teams, so take that we didn't play a hard team BS to the trash. All NFL games are hard and the talent is always there.
it's a little different when our team hasn't made playoffs in years and still hasn't proven to beat good teams , Skoobs. I'm just being caustiously optimistic.

OpIv37
09-30-2008, 11:34 AM
Panthers are way too high in that ranking. You could argue that we're better than GB, but I'd call that a toss up. Overall, it seems pretty fair to me.

BAM
09-30-2008, 11:36 AM
I'd say we're about #6-8 right now, probably ahead of Carolina and GB. Most likely ahead of Denver.

OpIv37
09-30-2008, 11:37 AM
It's funny we need to make excuses for winning. Teams last year didn't seem to mind winning against our injured team, so take that we didn't play a hard team BS to the trash. All NFL games are hard and the talent is always there.

You're confusing excuses with analysis.

Yes, we've won games against teams that we've played. But how do we stack up against the other teams in the league that we haven't played? What was our level of competition compared to the level of competition for the other teams that are winning?

Taking all of the available information and trying to come up with reasonable power rankings has nothing to do with excuses.

Mitchy moo
09-30-2008, 11:39 AM
Panthers are way too high in that ranking. You could argue that we're better than GB, but I'd call that a toss up. Overall, it seems pretty fair to me.

Heck, put the Bills at the bottom of the PR's, because we are at the top of the standings.

TacklingDummy
09-30-2008, 11:40 AM
Rankings should be something like this.

High Teams

Tenn, Dallas, NYG, Pitt

Middle Teams (Good)

Buffalo, Phil, SD, Den, Carolina, Packers, Skins, Colts, Pats, Cards, TB, Jags, Ravens, Saints, Jets, Bears,

Low Teams (Bad)

Raiders, St. Louis, Lions, KC, Bengals, Browns, Falcons, Dolpfins, Houston

Not sure about San Fran,Vikings, or Seattle.

BlackMetalNinja
09-30-2008, 11:40 AM
Heck, put the Bills at the bottom of the PR's, because we are at the top of the standings.Only one of those two things are worth a damn, so that's the one I concern myself with.

gr8slayer
09-30-2008, 11:41 AM

High Teams

Tenn, Dallas, NYG, Pitt

Middle Teams (Good)

Buffalo, Phil, SD, Den, Carolina, Packers, Skins, Colts, Pats, Cards, TB, Jags, Ravens, Saints, Jets, Bears,

Low Teams (Bad)

Raiders, St. Louis, Lions, KC, Bengals, Browns, Falcons, Dolpfins, Vikings, Houston

Not sure about San Fran or Seattle.
That's a better way of doing PR's at this point in the season.

justasportsfan
09-30-2008, 11:49 AM

High Teams

Tenn, Dallas, NYG, Pitt

Middle Teams (Good)

Low Teams (Bad)

Not sure about San Fran,Vikings, or Seattle.tenn is beating teams they should beat. They are not far from us. After watching Ben almost get killed last night, I think we can beat them.

patmoran2006
09-30-2008, 11:57 AM
GB, Denver and Philly should not be ranked ahead of us, period.
Either should Carolina.

Mr. Miyagi
09-30-2008, 12:01 PM
Sure, but every team has injuries. We're out Roscoe and McGee. We had 12 players on IR last year and we still heard posters *****ing about how we sucked and Jauron should be fired. Injury is no excuse.

justasportsfan
09-30-2008, 12:04 PM
Sure, but every team has injuries. We're out Roscoe and McGee. We had 12 players on IR last year and we still heard posters *****ing about how we sucked and Jauron should be fired. Injury is no excuse.
I was just pointing out they aren't 100%.

yordad
09-30-2008, 12:18 PM
I think it is quite obvious I think we should be quite higher.

HughC
09-30-2008, 01:22 PM

High Teams

Tenn, Dallas, NYG, Pitt

Middle Teams (Good)

Low Teams (Bad)

Not sure about San Fran,Vikings, or Seattle.

I wouldn't put Pittsburgh in the top tier.
I'd put the Bills and Chargers ahead of Pittsburgh at this point.

Jeff1220
09-30-2008, 01:31 PM
Everyone keeps putting Dallas higher than Washington, yet the skins are on a 3 game winning streak - including a head to head victory in Dallas. Ranking mean nothing - show me playoffs!

Griff
09-30-2008, 04:51 PM
uh, its the NFL, when do you ever play a team at full strength?

ServoBillieves
09-30-2008, 05:07 PM
Someone needs to tell the NFL to make us play the Titans, Colts, Patriots, Steelers, Giants, and Cowboys the first 6 games of the year so we can tell "just how up to par" we are with the elite teams in the NFL.

Damn those teams who are full of professional players who apparently aren't good enough to play in the NFL! Damn them!

These past four games were just exhibitions I guess.

Mitchy moo
09-30-2008, 08:29 PM
This ***** needs to fry:

<TABLE id=pr_data cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 summary="FOX SPORTS MLB POWER RANKINGS"><TBODY><TR class=off><TD>7</TD><TD class="">Bills (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team?statsId=2)</TD><!--1|||2--><TD>4-0</TD><TD>3</TD><TD class=high_low>7/20</TD><TD class=comments>Here comes the hate mail … I know your Bills are 4-0, that Trent Edwards is the new Captain Clutch, the defense rocks, the special teams is special, yada yada … The Bills are good and getting better, just not enough yet for the Fab Five.[/URL]
Here comes the hate mail … I know your Bills are 4-0, that Trent Edwards is the new Captain Clutch, the defense rocks, the special teams is special, yada yada … The Bills are good and getting better, just not enough yet for the Fab Five. They had perfect storm wins over the injury-savaged Seahawks and Jags at the time, survived the Raiders at home and had to come back against the 0-4 Rams. Consider full judgment withheld as the tests continue, but No. 6 ain't too shabby. Enjoy it. COOL STAT: Buffalo's 4-0 start comes against opponents with a combined 4-11 record. THIS WEEK: at Cardinals (2-2)[URL="javascript:void(0);"] (javascript:void(0);)
Team: Home (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team?statsId=2) | Stats (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/teamStats?statsId=2) | Fantasy (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/teamFantasyNews?statsId=2) | Schedule (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/teamSchedule?statsId=2)</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

B-DON
09-30-2008, 09:13 PM
Giants have beat two teams with zero, count em zero wins
Titans opponents are 3-12
carolina lost to the vikings

all three are ahead of us yet the writer never mentions their weak schedules or weak opponents they lost to

LtFinFan66
09-30-2008, 09:48 PM
It was updated about a week ago before this sunday's game, note the sept. 25th date. The records obviously fill in on their own, authors notes do not.Really?? The authors comments have you at 4-0

Mitchy moo
10-01-2008, 06:05 AM
Really?? The authors comments have you at 4-0

It fills in automatically so the Bills are in 7th now, just behind Miami.

LtFinFan66
10-01-2008, 06:10 AM
It fills in automatically so the Bills are in 7th now, just behind Miami.This part fills in automatically??:idunno:

Here comes the hate mail … I know your Bills are 4-0, that Trent Edwards is the new Captain Clutch, the defense rocks, the special teams is special, yada yada … The Bills are good and getting better, just not enough yet for the Fab Five.

Night Train
10-01-2008, 06:23 AM

IIRC, we had 17 players on IR.

Mitchy moo
10-01-2008, 06:27 AM
This part fills in automatically??:idunno:

Here comes the hate mail … I know your Bills are 4-0, that Trent Edwards is the new Captain Clutch, the defense rocks, the special teams is special, yada yada … The Bills are good and getting better, just not enough yet for the Fab Five.

We we're 10th.

zone
10-01-2008, 06:55 AM
No team in the NFL is hardly ever at 100%. A win is a win.

jamze132
10-01-2008, 07:28 AM
ESPN has us 4th in the Power Rankings and nice little picture of Eli Manning and Trent Edwards on the front page.

http://sports-ak.espn.go.com/nfl/index

Mitchy moo
10-01-2008, 08:22 AM
ESPN has us 4th in the Power Rankings and nice little picture of Eli Manning and Trent Edwards on the front page.

http://sports-ak.espn.go.com/nfl/index

Most places have us 3rd or 4th, so anything much better or worse than that is off.

theanswer74
10-01-2008, 08:50 AM
Buffalo fans must be total *******s. How come so many journalist say they are going to get hate mail when they write something bad about the Bills?

Come on Buffalo, keep it classy.

jamze132
10-01-2008, 10:53 AM
Buffalo fans must be total *******s. How come so many journalist say they are going to get hate mail when they write something bad about the Bills?

Come on Buffalo, keep it classy.
**** that, tell em' how ya feel.

Seventeen&0
10-01-2008, 11:07 AM
Giants have beat two teams with zero, count em zero wins
Titans opponents are 3-12
carolina lost to the vikings

all three are ahead of us yet the writer never mentions their weak schedules or weak opponents they lost to

Alot has to do with the way you're winning...come from behind to squeak by the Raiders and also had to come from behind last week.

ServoBillieves
10-01-2008, 11:01 PM
I keep forgetting that we don't have our #1 LB on IR, our #1 CB is injured and our "Pro-Bowl" left tackle can't stop fitting cheeseburgers in his mouth while holding on to D-Lineman and costing us easy scores.

But jeez I must be blind and know nothing.

(pushes square block in to hollow circle)

SABURZFAN
10-06-2008, 12:41 PM
I think it is quite obvious I think we should be quite higher.

i think it is quite obvious that you're usually wrong.