PDA

View Full Version : We’re going to lose eventually.

Patrick76777
09-30-2008, 03:31 PM
And I need to become cool with that. I keep thinking that each game is super important. But let’s face facts, a loss this week and we’re still 4-1. I’m not making excuses for a possible loss this week, I’m just saying.

It’s easy to get caught up in the excitement of a 4-0 start, but I vow to not lose my mind after our first loss.

Think about it, 12-4 is a great NFL record. We just need to go 8-4 in order to finish 12-4. And 4 losses in a season is nothing.

Can we go 8-4 the rest of the way?

2-0 in the NFC West
4-2 in the AFC East
1-2 in the AFC West
1-0 vs. Cleveland

That’s it, 12-4!

So I’ll never want us to lose, but I know it’s going to happen and as long as we can keep them to a minimum, I’m cool.

Lexwhat
09-30-2008, 03:34 PM
I would take whatever record will give us the #1 seed in the AFC. Home field advantage throughout the playoffs, and a bye week during wild-card weekend, would be fantastic.

DrGraves
09-30-2008, 03:41 PM
I agree with you that a it wouldn't be the end of the world if we lost, BUT we're not going to lose.

The King
09-30-2008, 03:42 PM
That's a great dissection Patrick certainly reasonable.

hydro
09-30-2008, 03:45 PM
I have been thinking about this also. I don't want to see this place after a loss :ill:

RedEyE
09-30-2008, 03:45 PM
Arizona is going to be a tough game. I'd feel better about it if it was in Buffalo.

Warner, while not perfect by any means, is putting up some serious yardage. McGee most likely out and a rookie CB filling in, look for the Cards to put up big numbers against this defense. Defense is going to have to get at and shake up Warner in a hurry.

The Bills need to play good ol' fashion keep away. Long, time consming drives with Jackson and Lynch. The Bills can't afford too many 3 and outs in this game.

I perdict a loss this week and I'm OK with it as long as adjustments are made in the off week.

mybills
09-30-2008, 03:51 PM
Fat Tony should do odds on who we lose to.

justasportsfan
09-30-2008, 03:52 PM
This has to be the biggest test for the D but they are Boldinless. I am conifdent in our D getting to Warner and make him wish he was bagging groceries for a day .

THATHURMANATOR
09-30-2008, 04:10 PM
I agree if the Arizona players have any pride they will be very fired up after getting wrecked last week. This is a tough game for sure.

Mitchy moo
09-30-2008, 04:13 PM
I can see Warner really crapping the bed this sunday. Poz is going to be flying, and we are going to have multiple people visiting him in the backfield.

Plan on the sun setting on AZ in the dessert.

Historian
09-30-2008, 04:15 PM
Arizona is going to be a tough game. I'd feel better about it if it was in Buffalo.

We've never lost there....

CUHATIN
09-30-2008, 04:17 PM
We will lose a game but i dont think we will in week 5!!!!

DrGraves
09-30-2008, 04:19 PM
warner looked like crap to me, although i only watched the game early on. he couldn't move in the pocket, and made alot of bad throws.

ServoBillieves
09-30-2008, 04:22 PM
Since we're without Terrence, it'll be a test to the secondary. Does Wilson step in on the dime? Or does this D have faith in Reggie?

I dunno, I just hope Steve Johnson gets some throws his way.

Goobylal
09-30-2008, 04:29 PM
I agree that if there were a game to drop, this is it. A long-distance late road game against a non-conference opponent with the Bills having some injuries is actually a gimmee game, in that if they win, great, if they lose, no big deal.

Still, I'd like them to win and be 5-0 going into the bye.

don137
09-30-2008, 04:32 PM
The Bills are good enough to win any game on their schedule. Realistically they will lose a few. One has to hope with such a soft schedule they could get a bye week in the playoffs and maybe homefield advantage throughout the playoffs but their is still a lot of football to be played.

Ed
09-30-2008, 04:38 PM
I agree that even with a loss, we're still in great shape. But that first loss is still going to be rough. Starting off the first month of the season without a loss is rare and difficult for any team. And as long as we have a zero in the loss column that impossible dream of going undefeated remains alive, which makes things that much more exciting, even though that possibility is so remote. So to lose that will be probably be a huge downer, but it's inevitable. I just hope that when we do lose our first game people around here can keep it in perspective and don't start with the "see, we're not for real, we can't contend, blah blah blah" nonsense.

Griff
09-30-2008, 04:49 PM
With our schedule and the injury to Brady I think we have the best chances of getting homefield throughout the playoffs. Denver has no defense, Baltimore is like a weaker version of us, Big Ben has no shoulder or running backs, Tennesee and the Colts still play in the toughest AFC division. 12-4 or better is not only possible, its likely.

imbondz
09-30-2008, 05:10 PM
If we lose this week or against the Chargers i'm going to kill someone.

Mitchy moo
09-30-2008, 05:18 PM

LOL.

TheBrownBear
09-30-2008, 05:53 PM
I think we really need a win this week. That puts us way out in front in the AFC East and would lessen the blow should we lose to San Diego.

I think we finish the season at 11-5.

Mitchy moo
09-30-2008, 06:02 PM
I think we really need a win this week. That puts us way out in front in the AFC East and would lessen the blow should we lose to San Diego.

I think we finish the season at 11-5.

I don't see 5 losses, maybe 4.

Night Train
09-30-2008, 06:11 PM
It's been 9 years.

Just get a freakin' playoff spot !

finsrclowns
09-30-2008, 06:42 PM
The Jets just dropped 56 on them. How good can they be?

Mitchy moo
09-30-2008, 07:55 PM
The Jets just dropped 56 on them. How good can they be?

AZ can score but we have a better pass defense than the Jets.

X-Era
09-30-2008, 07:58 PM
And I need to become cool with that. I keep thinking that each game is super important. But let’s face facts, a loss this week and we’re still 4-1. I’m not making excuses for a possible loss this week, I’m just saying.

It’s easy to get caught up in the excitement of a 4-0 start, but I vow to not lose my mind after our first loss.

Think about it, 12-4 is a great NFL record. We just need to go 8-4 in order to finish 12-4. And 4 losses in a season is nothing.

2-0 in the NFC West
4-2 in the AFC East
1-2 in the AFC West
1-0 vs. Cleveland

That’s it, 12-4!

So I’ll never want us to lose, but I know it’s going to happen and as long as we can keep them to a minimum, I’m cool.

I said that we were going to be 4 and 1 going into the bye week. Ive said that time and time again.

Ya know what?

I'm rescinding my comment.

Its a defeatists attitude.

We have everybit as much chance to win this one as we did the previous. Anyone who watched the Cards secondary knows that we can put up lost of yards on them. As is always the case, the game has to be played, and yes we could lose.

But as a Bills fan, with a 4-0 record, and a team that I think I can finally Bill-ieve in, I REFUSE to think about losses.

lordofgun
09-30-2008, 08:25 PM
We’re going to lose eventually.

I refuse to accept this.

Mitchy moo
09-30-2008, 09:10 PM
I refuse to accept this.

So do I, no losses.

Akhippo
09-30-2008, 10:05 PM
We need to have Tenn. lose so ESPN can start with the path to perfection.

Seriously I would rather lose to the Browns or Chiefs. That will give us the wake up call to finish the season strong.

finsrclowns
09-30-2008, 10:28 PM
We need to have Tenn. lose so ESPN can start with the path to perfection.

Seriously I would rather lose to the Browns or Chiefs. That will give us the wake up call to finish the season strong.

I don't see it that way. You win the games against bad teams and hold your own against good teams = playoffs.

ALL D
09-30-2008, 11:25 PM
we can lose a game....

in 2012...

mybills
10-01-2008, 06:48 AM
I just hope that when we do lose our first game people around here can keep it in perspective and don't start with the "see, we're not for real, we can't contend, blah blah blah" nonsense.
:10: :bf1:

mybills
10-01-2008, 06:50 AM
I would rather lose to the Browns or Chiefs
**** them!

mercyrule
10-01-2008, 07:31 AM
That's a great dissection Patrick certainly reasonable.Except that he didn't say who he thinks we'll defeat and who we'll lose to. I'd like to see some opinions on that, a more specific breakdown.

mybills
10-01-2008, 07:33 AM
there's a poll. he picked the same one i did.

Dr. Lecter
10-01-2008, 07:36 AM
Since we're without Terrence, it'll be a test to the secondary. Does Wilson step in on the dime? Or does this D have faith in Reggie?

I dunno, I just hope Steve Johnson gets some throws his way.

I doubt we see much of Johnson and I would rather see Evans, Reed, Jackson, Shouman, Lynch and Royal get the passes thrown their way. I like Johnson and think he has potential, but don't understand the love for him.

As for the DBs, you will see McKelvin start, Youboty as the nickel and either Scott or Wilson (at safety, while Whitner will cover a slot guy) come in the rare times the Bills go 6 DBs, which they do not use very often but might more often against the Cardinals.

Night Train
10-01-2008, 07:38 AM

I just PM'd you the mapquest directions to Jerry Jones.

SABURZFAN
10-01-2008, 07:50 AM

2-0 in the NFC West
4-2 in the AFC East
1-2 in the AFC West
1-0 vs. Cleveland

That’s it, 12-4!

we could easily go 4-8 the rest of the season but i'll take it one game at a time.

mercyrule
10-01-2008, 08:04 AM
I doubt we see much of Johnson and I would rather see Evans, Reed, Jackson, Shouman, Lynch and Royal get the passes thrown their way. I like Johnson and think he has potential, but don't understand the love for him.

As for the DBs, you will see McKelvin start, Youboty as the nickel and either Scott or Wilson (at safety, while Whitner will cover a slot guy) come in the rare times the Bills go 6 DBs, which they do not use very often but might more often against the Cardinals.I'm looking forward to seeing some McKelvin. Wilson seems solid enough.

mercyrule
10-01-2008, 08:05 AM
there's a poll. he picked the same one i did.Who's got a breakdown of the rest of the season?

Patrick76777
10-01-2008, 08:22 AM
we could easily go 4-8 the rest of the season but i'll take it one game at a time.

You can't be serious! We could sleep walk to a 4-8 finish.

SABURZFAN
10-01-2008, 08:55 AM
You can't be serious!

dead serious...... an injury here, a bad call there, bad play, coach sticks head in his ass, etc...... did we forget that the Fish beat the Pats?

Griff
10-01-2008, 09:07 AM

with a defeatist attitude like that how do you even boot up your computer? Couldn't the power supply short out on you? Then you'd have to get a new one, but on your way to the store you could get in a car accident and die. Here's an idea, try looking on the bright side of life, the Bills, are 4-0 and at the top of the AFC. If it all ended right now, we would have homefield throughout.

SABURZFAN
10-01-2008, 09:09 AM
with a defeatist attitude like that how do you even boot up your computer? Couldn't the power supply short out on you?

who are you again??

oh yeah.........

NOBODY!!!!!!!!

Dr. Lecter
10-01-2008, 09:10 AM
with a defeatist attitude like that how do you even boot up your computer? Couldn't the power supply short out on you? Then you'd have to get a new one, but on your way to the store you could get in a car accident and die. Here's an idea, try looking on the bright side of life, the Bills, are 4-0 and at the top of the AFC. If it all ended right now, we would have homefield throughout.

But it is not over now.

Those of us over 30 have seen way to much heartbreak to get too excited about the entire season.

Don't get too high in the highs or too low in the lows.

Listen to Marv!

Patrick76777
10-01-2008, 09:12 AM
dead serious...... an injury here, a bad call there, bad play, coach sticks head in his ass, etc...... did we forget that the Fish beat the Pats?

Well a major injury sure. But I'm not about to base my prediction based on possible injuries.

Patrick76777
10-01-2008, 09:13 AM
But it is not over now.

Those of us over 30 have seen way to much heartbreak to get too excited about the entire season.

Listen to Marv!

I'm 32 and I'm pumped!

SABURZFAN
10-01-2008, 09:15 AM
But it is not over now.

Listen to Marv!

not just Buffalo. how many times have we seen where a team starts out hot and then limp down the stretch losing 5 out of 6 or whatever? it's a long season and anything can happen.

justasportsfan
10-01-2008, 10:03 AM
I agree that we should not take any team lightly . However, we had people here already talking about losing way back when the 2007 season ended to the offseason, draft and so on. Why are we talking about losing again after a 4-0 start?

mybills
10-01-2008, 10:05 AM
because it's something to do, justa.

Patrick76777
10-01-2008, 10:06 AM
I agree that we should not take any team lightly . However, we had people here already talking about losing way back when the 2007 season ended to the offseason, draft and so on. Why are we talking about losing again after a 4-0 start?

I just started a thread because I got the feeling that people would melt down if we lost.

I don't know. I change everyday. Today I'm confident that we beat Arizona.

Who knows. I only know that I'm having a ton of fun this season so far.

justasportsfan
10-01-2008, 10:09 AM
I only know that I'm having a ton of fun this season so far.
keep it that way until we actually lose. Enjoy the ride and stop thnking that we'll get into a car crash eventually. Leave that up to Op and HH (until he changes his mind,again )

Mitchy moo
10-01-2008, 10:27 AM
not just Buffalo. how many times have we seen where a team starts out hot and then limp down the stretch losing 5 out of 6 or whatever? it's a long season and anything can happen.

SB fan is right in that there lies a possibility of it happening, however unlikely it might seem now. If we stay healthy & catch a few breaks here and there we'll be fine but the tide can turn very quickly in this league.

Check Detroit out last season early and late, see how they did.

ALL D
10-01-2008, 10:43 AM
It will still ruin my whole week when we finally do lose..

Captain gameboy
10-01-2008, 10:50 AM
I just started a thread because I got the feeling that people would melt down if we lost.

I really don't think that will happen among Bills fans, though I do think the national NFL media will jump off the wagon as quickly as they got on.

The reason I say that is because I really don't think we have played a game near what we are capable of, and I think most people who are attentive to this 4-0 start know that, and think we will be better in November.

We may well lose a game that we shouldn't, but this team should get better and better week after week.

For that reason, I don't see a meltdown.

I see Edwards, Peters and Hardy getting better, and the run game improving marginally.

justasportsfan
10-01-2008, 10:54 AM
I really don't think that will happen among Bills fans, .
I can already hear the "I told you so's"

Griff
10-01-2008, 12:12 PM
who are you again??

oh yeah.........

NOBODY!!!!!!!!

And who are you?

Some egotistical clown sitting at a keyboard.

Griff
10-01-2008, 12:17 PM
But it is not over now.

Listen to Marv!

yeah at 27 I'm just way to young to remember any heartbreak related to the Bills...

Griff
10-01-2008, 12:18 PM

and so of course its going to happen to us to...

Jeez you people would ***** if we went 19-0.

BillsOwnAll
10-01-2008, 03:52 PM
I dont think I am going to be able to goto work on monday the week we lose...hell even tuesday or wendsay for that matter.

Thats being said id be stoked with a 12-4 record.