• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamze132
    Don’t hate…
    • Jun 2003

Be careful...

I have read a lot of comments on this board and abroad over the past couple of days from people trying argue that we will have home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

I would like to point out that we should worry about our next opponent and next opponent only. We shouldn't be looking forward, especially that far considering not many players on our team have even sniffed the playoffs before. Who knows how our players are going to handle that pressure in a few weeks, if we are still kicking ass.

Basically, lets keep things in perspective, not get too giddy about what we are currently doing, and enjoy the ride. Karma is a mother ****er.

Carry on...
  • SABURZFAN
    short bus extraordinaire
    • Jul 2002

Re: Be careful...

Originally posted by jamze132
    I have read a lot of comments on this board and abroad over the past couple of days from people trying argue that we will have home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

we have to make the playoffs first.
    Originally posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• gil
      • Mar 2005

while you're right that it's probably early to start those expectations...

...these threads where people are so concerned about what other fans think (i.e. WHY IS NO ONE CONCERNED THAT... WHERE IS THE OUTRAGE) are a bit weird to me at least.

I mean we're fans, we're not playing the games - what does it matter to you if people want to believe we're going to get homefield advantage or whatever - do you think the team is going to absorb their attitudes by osmosis?

Comment

• TacklingDummy
        Unreachable Douche
        • Jul 2002

This is the first I've heard of them.

Comment

• BADTHINGSMAN
          • Oct 2002

Just the playoffs would be nice.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
            Roways rooking ahread!
            • Sep 2005

The only victory or playoff berth is the one in hand, thinking anything else & you're just kidding yourself.

Comment

• don137
              • Jul 2002

Players should only worry about the upcoming game. Fans can look into the future. As fans they can look into the future worry first about making the playoffs, then division, then bye week and then home field advantage.
              This team is as good as any in the AFC. Enjoy the ride.

Comment

• Griff
                • Jul 2008

I would like to point out that we should worry about our next opponent and next opponent only. We shouldn't be looking forward, especially that far considering not many players on our team have even sniffed the playoffs before. Who knows how our players are going to handle that pressure in a few weeks, if we are still kicking ass.

Basically, lets keep things in perspective, not get too giddy about what we are currently doing, and enjoy the ride. Karma is a mother ****er.

Carry on...
                #1 This is not My Name is Earl, karma, doesn't really exist
                #2 We are fans, not players, we don't play games, we just cheer our team on. While they are on the practice field we are on message boards talking about the things they can't talk about because they have to focus on their next opponent.

Why do so many people on message boards act like we are members of the team, and we have to take each game a seriously as the players? Outside of the fans in the stadium, we have no impact on the games.

Comment

• madness
                  • Apr 2003

Carry on...
                  Dick, is that you? Can't be. You're too smart to believe in Karma.

Comment

• jamze132
                    Don’t hate…
                    • Jun 2003

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
                    we have to make the playoffs first.
                    I totally agree. That is why I am wondering why all the comments about the post season and how it's a given we are in.

Comment

• jamze132
                      Don’t hate…
                      • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Griff
                      #1 This is not My Name is Earl, karma, doesn't really exist
                      #2 We are fans, not players, we don't play games, we just cheer our team on. While they are on the practice field we are on message boards talking about the things they can't talk about because they have to focus on their next opponent.

Why do so many people on message boards act like we are members of the team, and we have to take each game a seriously as the players? Outside of the fans in the stadium, we have no impact on the games.
                      I don't know about you "Griff", but I breathe Bills football. My week is ruined when the Bills lose.

when my Mets just blew it AGAIN, it pretty much ruined Christmas. I have a problem.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Carry on...
                        I agree. People should not talk about homefield advantage througout playoffs. That's just getting too ahead of ourselves.

I would rather talk about our sb win vs. the cobowys in tampa this season. I have my tickets already.
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                          Unreachable Douche
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                          I agree. People should not talk about homefield advantage througout playoffs. That's just getting too ahead of ourselves.

I haven't seen anyone post about homefield advantage in the playoff besides in this thread.

Comment

• syracuse76
                            Knowing is half the battle......
                            • Aug 2008

Carry on...

much agreed. but it is a nice thought to keep in the back of your mind.
                            2009 AFC East Division Champs 12-4
                            POZ will lead us to the promise land
                            "That which does not kill me,
                            will only make me stronger"
                            Nietzsche

Comment

• yordad
                              • Dec 2007

I'm not playing. I'm not preparing.

I am excited. I am projecting.

Home field baby! Home field!
                              "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

Working...
                              X