AFC: http://www.salsports.com/AFC1stQuarterReportCards.htm

NFC: http://www.salsports.com/NFC1stQuarterReportCards.htm

Debate away.....

Mitchy moo
10-01-2008, 01:09 PM
I like it coach, looks fair.

Griff
10-01-2008, 01:30 PM
I've noticed that Bills fans seem to be afraid to rate the Bills as high as the Titans or Giants, despite us having (believe it or not) the hardest first quarter.

justasportsfan
10-01-2008, 01:59 PM
I've noticed that Bills fans seem to be afraid to rate the Bills as high as the Titans or Giants, despite us having (believe it or not) the hardest first quarter.
on paper it looked hard. What showed up on sundays was not what was on paper. Walking wounded.

Pride
10-01-2008, 02:18 PM
Damn dude.. I can't even stand to read that page.

I am sure your analysis is spot on, but you really need to hire yourself a web developer to make that page legible.

RockStar36
10-01-2008, 02:21 PM
How could you possibly give the Bills and Redskins both an A- ????

/sarcasm

Night Train
10-01-2008, 02:34 PM
Great job, Sal. I think the Titans are the class of the AFC so far but hopefully we can continue to improve.

The negative - We are blowing a top 5 pick next year ! (sarcasm)

Griff
10-01-2008, 03:39 PM
on paper it looked hard. What showed up on sundays was not what was on paper. Walking wounded.

no I was using our opponents actual records, compared to the Giants and Titans opponents our opponents had better records.

Lexwhat
10-01-2008, 05:18 PM
You gave the Broncos, Chargers, and Jaguars a "C," but gave the Patriots a "B" ???

Griff
10-01-2008, 06:06 PM
You gave the Broncos, Chargers, and Jaguars a "C," but gave the Patriots a "B" ???

actually I think you mean to say you gave the broncos a C, but the Pats a B? The Chargers and Jags earned their Cs.

Coach Sal
10-01-2008, 06:44 PM

As I wrote, it's not about records.....it's about performance.

The Broncos and Chargers defenses have been horrible -- especially Denver's. They've been the worst in the league other than St. Louis and Detroit.

The Jags have played very average football all around (C is average).

The Pats had one horrible game. Other than that they played ok afterBrady went down in week one and played very well at NYJ in week two. Maybe they deserved a B- or even a C+, but the others definitelt deserved their Cs.

What would you give all of them?

Mudflap1
10-01-2008, 07:01 PM
I would give the Broncos a B, because I think they have exceeded expectations so far (even though their offense is carrying them and their defense is horrible).

I would give the Patriots a B+, because they lost arguably the best player in the NFL (the MVP last year), and they still are 2-1.

I would give the Chargers a C-, because they are supposed to be the most talented team in the AFC, and they haven't played up to it at all. Yes, they got robbed in Denver, but they were asleep at the wheel against Oakland until they woke up in the fourth quarter (sounds kind of like the Bills the last two weeks). They still gave up 29 points to the Jets also. None of their games have been pretty.

I agree on giving the Jags a C. I don't think they are as good as everyone thought they were, but they aren't bad either. They have had injuries, but have hung in there a little bit. They have been average.

Jon

VeggieMan14
10-01-2008, 08:14 PM
St. Louis Rams (0-4) - May challenge the Lions for that points allowed record (36.8/game). Already fired their coach. This team is a mess. If there was a grade lower than "F" they would get it.
GRADE: F
:snicker:

New Ro's Greatest
10-01-2008, 10:13 PM
How do the Pats have a B? They should have lost the KC game(they were outplayed). They beat the lousy Jets. And they got blown out by the dolphins by them doing 1 play. Come on. GO BILLS:D:

TigerJ
10-01-2008, 10:26 PM
Some fans are complaining that the Bills haven't played all that well at times. I agree with that, but rather than complaining, I just think that if we can be 4-0 when not playing our best, what's going to happen when things really click for the team.