PDA

View Full Version : McGee not ruled out for Sunday

cocamide
10-01-2008, 02:43 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=6694

Bills starting cornerback Terrence McGee didn’t practice on Wednesday, but his head coach is not ruling him out for Sunday’s game at Arizona.
“We’ll keep moving forward and see where that one takes us,” said head coach Dick Jauron. “Terrence has been playing at such a high level. We’d love to have him obviously and we need to have him, if not this week then as soon as possible. We’ll have to see.”
McGee, who had an MRI on Monday made his way through the locker room Wednesday under his own power wearing a bulky knee brace.
“To me it feels a whole lot better than it did Monday,” said McGee. “Monday I could hardly get myself dressed. To me it feels a whole lot better.”
As for his chances of playing Sunday McGee hasn’t given that prospect much thought.

“Right now I’m just worried about trying to get healthy,” he said. “I haven’t really thought too much about what’s going to happen on Sunday as far as my situation is concerned. Right now I’m just trying to get treatment and get better.”
If he can’t go Ashton Youboty and rookie Leodis McKelvin figure to see action in his absence against the fourth-ranked passing attack of the Arizona Cardinals.
“If (Terrence) can’t go then clearly that’s where we’re leaning,” said Jauron. “Those two are very young corners. Ashton has played more this year than he has the past two years. He’s done a real nice job to this point. This team is so talented in their receiving corps. Everybody knows about their receiving corps so it will be a big challenge for both of those guys if Terrence can’t go.”

mybills
10-01-2008, 02:49 PM
:nervous:

Get well Terrence. :pray:

The Spaz
10-01-2008, 02:52 PM
So much for the out for the season talk....lol.:lol::rofl:

Lexwhat
10-01-2008, 03:00 PM
That goes against this article:

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-3-188/Bills-CB-McGee-out-Sunday-versus-Cardinals.html

cocamide
10-01-2008, 03:19 PM
Unfortunately, I'd bet that he doesn't play.

Forward_Lateral
10-01-2008, 03:25 PM
I hope they don't risk him injuring it further just so he can come back 1 week early. Let him heal.

justasportsfan
10-01-2008, 03:26 PM
just pressure the hell out of Warner and we'll be fine.

SABuffalo786
10-01-2008, 03:28 PM
It'd be nice if he can play with Boldin out but don't rush it.

It's week 5 and we've got Greer and Youbouty to cover.

trapezeus
those in the know are claiming, off the record of course, that he will miss 4-6 weeks. you can either believ ethat or see it as a rumor. that's just what i heard through the grapevine.

Forward_Lateral
just pressure the hell out of Warner and we'll be fine.

Exactly. Put double coverage on Fitz all day long, and blitz the crap out of Warner.

Griff
10-01-2008, 03:33 PM
I'd rather have him sit than inflame it, but if he's almost good to go by Sunday, he should be good to go by the SD game.

mybills
10-01-2008, 03:42 PM
those in the know are claiming, off the record of course, that he will miss 4-6 weeks. you can either believ ethat or see it as a rumor. that's just what i heard through the grapevine.
I'll take McGee's word for it..“To me it feels a whole lot better than it did Monday,” said McGee. “Monday I could hardly get myself dressed. To me it feels a whole lot better.” I'm pretty sure he's the most "in the know" lol

mybills
10-01-2008, 03:44 PM
I'd rather have him sit than inflame it, but if he's almost good to go by Sunday, he should be good to go by the SD game.
I agree. I just got you in the green for this! :up:

RedEyE
10-01-2008, 03:44 PM
Give him this week and the "bye". We'll need him for San Diego's stout offense in 3 weeks.

Griff
10-01-2008, 04:08 PM
I agree. I just got you in the green for this! :up:
I love it, my rep screen is full of :up:, except for 2 negatives, and I was in the negatives. thanks!

DrGraves
10-01-2008, 04:40 PM
Dear leodis, its your time to stop sucking in coverage.

The Spaz
10-01-2008, 04:43 PM
Dear leodis, its your time to stop sucking in coverage.

Not sure he's had a lot of opportunities thus far, but yeah I do agree he has to step up.

Griff
10-01-2008, 05:14 PM
Not sure he's had a lot of opportunities thus far, but yeah I do agree he has to step up.

all he has to do is give a "Looker" to Fitz and its game over

OpIv37
10-01-2008, 05:21 PM
That goes against this article:

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-3-188/Bills-CB-McGee-out-Sunday-versus-Cardinals.html

So, we have the organization's puppet vs the national sports network that always gets it wrong?

I'm not sure I trust either of those sources.

ASchobel4TheSack
10-01-2008, 05:45 PM
Let him rest for this week and the bye

patmoran2006
10-01-2008, 05:54 PM
I hope they don't risk him injuring it further just so he can come back 1 week early. Let him heal.
Couldnt agree more.

With the bye week coming after this game, give him 2 full weeks to get better.. Its not worth risking further injury this Sunday unless he suddenly becomes 100%

Night Train
10-01-2008, 06:01 PM
With a Bye after this weeks game, holding him out would be ideal. Then he'd be 100 % against the Chargers.

We certainly have the depth.

Ed
10-01-2008, 08:02 PM
It's not surprising that they haven't ruled him out considering they don't need to for at least a few days. I wouldn't read anything into it though, there's just no advantage right now to saying he's out.

I'd be shocked if he played though. Even if it's just a grade 1 sprain of the MCL, he may not even be 100% for the Chargers game. I had the same exact injury last year from snowboarding and it took over a month if not more for my knee to feel normal again.

With Boldin being out and a bye next week, I don't see any point in McGee trying to come back this week even if he's feeling a lot better by Sunday.

LABillsFan
10-01-2008, 08:35 PM
Maybe it's a little gamemanship from Jauron. It keeps the Cards guessing.