• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Oaf
    Do you read what you write?
    • Jun 2007

I could see us dropping the next 5

Just as easily as winning all of them. We're 4-0 and on top of the world now, but I really believe we can be 4-5 just as easily as 9-0 in 6 weeks.

Not being a pessimist, hater, anti-homer, or ungrateful, or anything. I just think that playing a cornered Cardinals team, a powerful Chargers team, and three straight divisional games, it'll be very hard to go all the way through without a significant letdown here or there. This is a very tough stretch, none of those games are gimmes, and each of the teams has shown they can play with any team in the league. I see us falling down to earth a bit, dropping 3 of 5 (Ariz, SD, and Mia) and head into the final third of the season 6-3. I'm uneasy about this stretch and I'm glad we get a bye during it. DJ will maintain the ship even if we lose a couple and the national talking heads start the "I told you so's". If we can find a way to avoid a complete breakdown during these 5 games, I'm fully confident in our postseason chances.

Lynch will have to stay healthy. The Oline will have to play consistently in the pass game and flat out better in the run game. Edwards will have to continue his play (not worried). We'll have to be able to collapse the pocket occasionally with 4.

• Buffalogic
    Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
    • Feb 2006

Re: I could see us dropping the next 5

Come on..We aren't going to lose the next five games.

Comment

• Griff
      • Jul 2008

why would you even think this? Why do you continue to have a defeatist attitude? Its like Bills fans are incapable of enjoying being at the top of the AFC.

Comment

• jimbohastle51
        All-Pro Zoner
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Oaf
        Just as easily as winning all of them. We're 4-0 and on top of the world now, but I really believe we can be 4-5 just as easily as 9-0 in 6 weeks.

Not being a pessimist, hater, anti-homer, or ungrateful, or anything. I just think that playing a cornered Cardinals team, a powerful Chargers team, and three straight divisional games, it'll be very hard to go all the way through without a significant letdown here or there. This is a very tough stretch, none of those games are gimmes, and each of the teams has shown they can play with any team in the league. I see us falling down to earth a bit, dropping 3 of 5 (Ariz, SD, and Mia) and head into the final third of the season 6-3. I'm uneasy about this stretch and I'm glad we get a bye during it. DJ will maintain the ship even if we lose a couple and the national talking heads start the "I told you so's". If we can find a way to avoid a complete breakdown during these 5 games, I'm fully confident in our postseason chances.

Lynch will have to stay healthy. The Oline will have to play consistently in the pass game and flat out better in the run game. Edwards will have to continue his play (not worried). We'll have to be able to collapse the pocket occasionally with 4.
        some good points. i honestly think our first loss is SD they are awesome and there losses have been flukes on the the plays of the games. and really one of there losses doesnt count cause even the ref said he blew that call at the end of the denver game. i dont think we should loose to the cardinals though. warner is struggling cause of there pour O-line, and the only reason he had all the passing yards is because they turned the ball over so much he had to throw non stop to try to get back in the game. not too mention that if the jets offense can put in on them we deffinatly can! edwards is no favre but i'll take our WR core over theres and our 2 headed RB monster is more versitile than theres, not too mention favre has been getting hammered behind there O-line. i think worse case we come out of the next 5 games 3-2. wins over AZ, MIA, and NYJ. losses to SD in a close one, and NE because we beat ourselves, have a bad feeling about us vs NE, we always screw ourselves against them for some reason.

Comment

• CUHATIN
          • Aug 2008

we are 4 and 0 right now and lets just take it 1 game at a time!!!!

CUHATIN (4) bunnerjk (4) syracuse76 (2)

Comment

• Oaf
            Do you read what you write?
            • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Griff
            why would you even think this? Why do you continue to have a defeatist attitude? Its like Bills fans are incapable of enjoying being at the top of the AFC.
            I'm definitely enjoying the best Bills start I've experienced as a Bills fan, thank you very much. My gut is just giving me a bad feeling over this next stretch. I hope I'm wrong.

Comment

• Bravo82
              • Aug 2008

i have a bad feeling about this stretch as well. if we go on a long losing streak, the media will never let us hear the end of it. out of the next 5 games, if we can win 3 of them we will be in great shape moving forward. i dont want to turn into the 2007 detroit lions

Comment

• CUHATIN
                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Bravo82
                i have a bad feeling about this stretch as well. if we go on a long losing streak, the media will never let us hear the end of it. out of the next 5 games, if we can win 3 of them we will be in great shape moving forward. i dont want to turn into the 2007 detroit lions
                There is only 1 game we all should be concerned about and its sunday against the Cardinals!!!

Go Bills!!!!!!

CUHATIN (4) bunnerjk (4) syracuse76 (2)

Comment

• jamze132
                  Don’t hate…
                  • Jun 2003

Hey, who knows? Maybe the offense will start to light it up this week and carry us through this "tough stretch".

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                    Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                    • Jun 2005

I could see you being banned or going to another board

Comment

• Dujek
                      Hall of Fame Zoner
                      • Jan 2008

Anything's possible, but it's highly unlikely that the Bills will lose all those games. I can certainly see us dropping 2, maybe even 3 of those, but not 5.

Comment

• Night Train
                        Retired - On Several Levels
                        • Jul 2005

We are going to lose some games and will need to learn how to rebound but losing 5 in a row? Only if major injuries decimate the starting lineup.

It's the old "fear of success" thinking, raising it's ugly head again.
                        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by BEASTMODE
                          I could see you being banned or going to another board
                          Uhh...no. If people were banned for giving their opinion this place would be shut down

Comment

• Jeff1220
                            H to the 12:20
                            • Jul 2002

I see what he's saying in a sense...not that we will lose 5 in a row, but that it is just as likely or unlikely as winning the next 5 in a row. This team will eventually take a few lumps, and it's likely that the first is not far away.
                            I'd love to have the Bills be the lone undefeated though!

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                              Roways rooking ahread!
                              • Sep 2005

Sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X