PDA

View Full Version : I could see us dropping the next 5

Oaf
10-02-2008, 12:20 AM
Just as easily as winning all of them. We're 4-0 and on top of the world now, but I really believe we can be 4-5 just as easily as 9-0 in 6 weeks.

Not being a pessimist, hater, anti-homer, or ungrateful, or anything. I just think that playing a cornered Cardinals team, a powerful Chargers team, and three straight divisional games, it'll be very hard to go all the way through without a significant letdown here or there. This is a very tough stretch, none of those games are gimmes, and each of the teams has shown they can play with any team in the league. I see us falling down to earth a bit, dropping 3 of 5 (Ariz, SD, and Mia) and head into the final third of the season 6-3. I'm uneasy about this stretch and I'm glad we get a bye during it. DJ will maintain the ship even if we lose a couple and the national talking heads start the "I told you so's". If we can find a way to avoid a complete breakdown during these 5 games, I'm fully confident in our postseason chances.

Lynch will have to stay healthy. The Oline will have to play consistently in the pass game and flat out better in the run game. Edwards will have to continue his play (not worried). We'll have to be able to collapse the pocket occasionally with 4.

Buffalogic
10-02-2008, 12:24 AM
Come on..We aren't going to lose the next five games. :rofl:

Griff
10-02-2008, 01:05 AM
why would you even think this? Why do you continue to have a defeatist attitude? Its like Bills fans are incapable of enjoying being at the top of the AFC.

jimbohastle51
10-02-2008, 01:07 AM
Just as easily as winning all of them. We're 4-0 and on top of the world now, but I really believe we can be 4-5 just as easily as 9-0 in 6 weeks.

Not being a pessimist, hater, anti-homer, or ungrateful, or anything. I just think that playing a cornered Cardinals team, a powerful Chargers team, and three straight divisional games, it'll be very hard to go all the way through without a significant letdown here or there. This is a very tough stretch, none of those games are gimmes, and each of the teams has shown they can play with any team in the league. I see us falling down to earth a bit, dropping 3 of 5 (Ariz, SD, and Mia) and head into the final third of the season 6-3. I'm uneasy about this stretch and I'm glad we get a bye during it. DJ will maintain the ship even if we lose a couple and the national talking heads start the "I told you so's". If we can find a way to avoid a complete breakdown during these 5 games, I'm fully confident in our postseason chances.

Lynch will have to stay healthy. The Oline will have to play consistently in the pass game and flat out better in the run game. Edwards will have to continue his play (not worried). We'll have to be able to collapse the pocket occasionally with 4.

some good points. i honestly think our first loss is SD they are awesome and there losses have been flukes on the the plays of the games. and really one of there losses doesnt count cause even the ref said he blew that call at the end of the denver game. i dont think we should loose to the cardinals though. warner is struggling cause of there pour O-line, and the only reason he had all the passing yards is because they turned the ball over so much he had to throw non stop to try to get back in the game. not too mention that if the jets offense can put in on them we deffinatly can! edwards is no favre but i'll take our WR core over theres and our 2 headed RB monster is more versitile than theres, not too mention favre has been getting hammered behind there O-line. i think worse case we come out of the next 5 games 3-2. wins over AZ, MIA, and NYJ. losses to SD in a close one, and NE because we beat ourselves, have a bad feeling about us vs NE, we always screw ourselves against them for some reason.

CUHATIN
10-02-2008, 01:55 AM
we are 4 and 0 right now and lets just take it 1 game at a time!!!!

Oaf
10-02-2008, 02:10 AM
why would you even think this? Why do you continue to have a defeatist attitude? :rolleyes: Its like Bills fans are incapable of enjoying being at the top of the AFC.

I'm definitely enjoying the best Bills start I've experienced as a Bills fan, thank you very much. My gut is just giving me a bad feeling over this next stretch. I hope I'm wrong. :fart:

Bravo82
10-02-2008, 03:06 AM
i have a bad feeling about this stretch as well. if we go on a long losing streak, the media will never let us hear the end of it. out of the next 5 games, if we can win 3 of them we will be in great shape moving forward. i dont want to turn into the 2007 detroit lions :ill:

CUHATIN
10-02-2008, 03:31 AM
i have a bad feeling about this stretch as well. if we go on a long losing streak, the media will never let us hear the end of it. out of the next 5 games, if we can win 3 of them we will be in great shape moving forward. i dont want to turn into the 2007 detroit lions :ill:

There is only 1 game we all should be concerned about and its sunday against the Cardinals!!!

Go Bills!!!!!!

jamze132
10-02-2008, 04:35 AM
Hey, who knows? Maybe the offense will start to light it up this week and carry us through this "tough stretch".

SquishDaFish
10-02-2008, 05:06 AM
I could see you being banned or going to another board :roflmao:

Dujek
10-02-2008, 05:17 AM
Anything's possible, but it's highly unlikely that the Bills will lose all those games. I can certainly see us dropping 2, maybe even 3 of those, but not 5.

Night Train
10-02-2008, 05:20 AM
We are going to lose some games and will need to learn how to rebound but losing 5 in a row? Only if major injuries decimate the starting lineup.

It's the old "fear of success" thinking, raising it's ugly head again.

LtFinFan66
10-02-2008, 05:47 AM
I could see you being banned or going to another board :roflmao:Uhh...no. If people were banned for giving their opinion this place would be shut down

Jeff1220
10-02-2008, 06:22 AM
I see what he's saying in a sense...not that we will lose 5 in a row, but that it is just as likely or unlikely as winning the next 5 in a row. This team will eventually take a few lumps, and it's likely that the first is not far away.
I'd love to have the Bills be the lone undefeated though!

Mitchy moo
10-02-2008, 06:37 AM
Sure.

Bone
10-02-2008, 06:50 AM
Isn't this outlook for any team in the NFL?

Night Train
10-02-2008, 06:56 AM
Isn't this outlook for any team in the NFL?

The less we know about other teams, the greater they are.

They all have few if any issues, since highlights on SC only show them making big plays and scoring points.

If only we were like them.

syracuse76
10-02-2008, 07:06 AM
i could see the bills dropping you as a fan too.
ya we could lose 5 in a row.......and atlanta could win the rest of there games and go to the superbowl. there is always the possibility but just not going to happen.

don137
10-02-2008, 07:24 AM
Yes the Bills could lose any game on their schedule. Look at the Broncos they lost to the Chiefs. Any team can lose on any given Sunday however, this is a good Bills team and good teams find ways to win. Sure they may lose one or two but no way they lose them all.

ALL D
10-02-2008, 07:27 AM
We are too stacked to lose the next 5...

gil
10-02-2008, 07:28 AM
man, what a bummer post for the morning - would you like to come over and kick my dog while you're at it?

anyway, I'm as jaded as they come, but I believe this team has something about it.

ALL D
10-02-2008, 07:28 AM
Did you look at our schedule?
13-3,12-4 worst case scenario!!

ALL D
10-02-2008, 07:29 AM
dang pessimists!!!

imbondz
10-02-2008, 07:33 AM
not gonna happen, we're easily 1 of the top 2 teams in the AFCE

elltrain22
10-02-2008, 07:37 AM
Common dude!! You're points are note worthy, but why if your a Bills fan, do you think we're gonna lose!!! Be positive

SABURZFAN
10-02-2008, 08:02 AM
would you like to come over and kick my dog while you're at it?

only if it's a poodle.

CUHATIN
10-02-2008, 08:03 AM
Lets just worry about the Cardinals, thats it!!!

MikeInRoch
10-02-2008, 08:22 AM
If you had said "Each of the next five games is a game we could easily lose", I'll agree. It seems like, tho, you are saying "We could easy lose all five of the next five games". The odds of that are very, very small.

MikeInRoch
10-02-2008, 08:23 AM
Lets just worry about the Cardinals, thats it!!!

The luxury we have as fans is that we *can* look ahead. Fans can't affect this weeks game because they are looking ahead.

OpIv37
10-02-2008, 08:37 AM
why would you even think this? Why do you continue to have a defeatist attitude? Its like Bills fans are incapable of enjoying being at the top of the AFC.

what you call "defeatist" is actually realistic. He provided good reasons why we could lose all of those games. For some reason, you seem to think anyone who is looking forward is incapable of enjoying the moment. Some of us are afraid that this is all we'll get, and given this team's recent history, it's a perfectly legitimate fear.

justasportsfan
10-02-2008, 08:39 AM
I agree, anything can happen . IMO though, this team hasn't peaked yet. We haven't played our best football yet . I doubt we lose 3 games in the next 5 games.

justasportsfan
10-02-2008, 08:43 AM
what you call "defeatist" is actually realistic. He provided good reasons why we could lose all of those games. For some reason, you seem to think anyone who is looking forward is incapable of enjoying the moment. Some of us are afraid that this is all we'll get, and given this team's recent history, it's a perfectly legitimate fear. I thought realistic tends to sway to the "more likely to happen" . It's more unrealistic that we lose 5 straight games. It's possible we lose 5 games but its more realistic to say that we won't. You're changing your logic.

OpIv37
10-02-2008, 08:49 AM
I thought realistic tends to sway to the "more likely to happen" . It's more unrealistic that we lose 5 straight games. It's possible we lose 5 games but its more realistic to say that we won't. You're changing your logic.

except that he didn't say it was likely- he said it was possible and justified why he felt that way. It doesn't get much more realistic than that. It's unrealistic to expect the Bills to take the season at this point, but it's also unrealistic to not at least acknowledge the possibility.

Dr. Lecter
10-02-2008, 08:50 AM
what you call "defeatist" is actually realistic. He provided good reasons why we could lose all of those games. For some reason, you seem to think anyone who is looking forward is incapable of enjoying the moment. Some of us are afraid that this is all we'll get, and given this team's recent history, it's a perfectly legitimate fear.

So you actually think it is realistic they lose the next 5 in a row?

Possible? Sure. Realistic? I dunno.

How many times in the last 3 or 4 years has this team lost 5 in a row?

The problem is, you blast people for being positive. ("I think the Bills can make the playoffs." "That is not realistic.")

Why is it OK to be overly pessimistic but not overly optimistic?

Dr. Lecter
10-02-2008, 08:51 AM
except that he didn't say it was likely- he said it was possible and justified why he felt that way. It doesn't get much more realistic than that. It's unrealistic to expect the Bills to take the season at this point, but it's also unrealistic to not at least acknowledge the possibility.

You have made it quite clear, in playoff talk, that there is a big difference between realistic and possible. You were VERY adamant about that.

justasportsfan
10-02-2008, 08:57 AM
I acknowledged the possibility. What are you talking about? Who's talking about the bills taking the season? I was talking about the next 5 games.

If any of that happens or if I counter his arguments with the opposite reasons, would that make my points REALISTIC enough to say we could win 5 straight games? NO.

So if his reasons are realistic so would mine be.

It's possible that we could lose 5 in a row and it's possible that we could win 5 as well . Niether scenario is however unrealistic.

acehole
10-02-2008, 08:59 AM
I dont know about that...but the next one I can see.
Stroud has made all the difference and he may be out.

justasportsfan
10-02-2008, 09:07 AM
The problem is, you blast people for being positive. ("I think the Bills can make the playoffs." "That is not realistic.")

Why is it OK to be overly pessimistic but not overly optimistic?
even after a 4-0 start he's still quick to defend the pessimistic posts. It almost seems like he wishes the bills to lose just so that he can say he was right about something this season. "nothing good can happen to this team ".

Dr. Lecter
10-02-2008, 09:09 AM
Nah. He does not think that.

They will lose 2 or 3 of the next 5.

Winning all or losing all, while possible, is not likely or realistic.

Griff
10-02-2008, 09:10 AM
I'm definitely enjoying the best Bills start I've experienced as a Bills fan, thank you very much. My gut is just giving me a bad feeling over this next stretch. I hope I'm wrong. :fart:

feed it some wings, there is no reason to believe that we'll have a let down for the next string of games.

justasportsfan
10-02-2008, 09:12 AM
Nah. He does not think that. .
It's a possibility :snicker:

Winning all or losing all, while possible, is not likely or realistic. Word!

Oaf
11-10-2008, 06:49 PM
So looking back.. after the 4-0 start (Man, what days those were :chuckle:)

Lynch will have to stay healthy. The Oline will have to play more consistently in the pass game and flat out better in the run game. Edwards will have to continue his play (not worried). We'll have to be able to collapse the pocket occasionally with 4.

Because of what I saw in our first four games of the season, I said this team could just as easily tank it against better teams as they could continue to run away with it. Look what happened. Answers to red statements are below:

1. We have been owned the last 5 weeks even including our narrow "STATEMENT" SD win (at home). Owned offensively, defensively (when it counts), and in coaching (90% of the time).

2. I may have been close to right about the thread, but so far I haven't been close at all on this. The jury is still out, but they're dangerously close to a verdict.

3. :roflmao: Maybe Reed should play some interior line. We've gotten worse here.

4. Guess I should have been worried, but I mean how could anyone the way he played the first 4 weeks. He played well in SD and at Miami (IMHO) but looked real poor against NYJ and NE.

5. :roflmao: We should start dropping 11. We've gotten worse here. Where's Stroud? Kyle Williams will be a Pro Bowler next year if we get legitimate DE play.

Schonert's playcalling was abysmal the last two weeks, Jauron has little game management skills and has not been able to rally the team, and Fewell shows an inability to adjust week-to-week much less half-to-half. To his credit, even when he does blitz we can't muster up any pressure or poor throws much less sacks. Schonert has failed to utilize Evans and Lynch the last 3 weeks (Ever hear of a post, fly, screen, or draw?) Or maybe it'd be nice to try something other than pass, iso-run (McFlattire sucks), shotgun pass. Did anyone else notice NE run cover-2, 8-stack, cover 2 (or blitz) everytime versus us?

Our talent level doesn't match any elite teams like Indy, Pitt, ANY of the NFC East, Tenn, etc despite drafting high on a year to year basis. Even if we DO make the playoffs, does anyone see us winning against a team like this on the road and making a run past the first round?

Best posts:
Griff
BEASTMODE
Syracuse76
ALL D
Gilbert23b (Where'd that "something" go?)

I'll post more later.

TacklingDummy
11-10-2008, 06:54 PM
So looking back.. after the 4-0 start (Man, what days those were :chuckle:)

You were wrong though. The Bills didn't lose the next 5. Only 4 of the 5.

Oaf
11-10-2008, 08:20 PM
So for the next 5, I'm questioning myself.

What would make Bills sense would be to pull their heads out from under, and beat the Browns.... only to lose one against the improving Chiefs on the road.

However, football sense tells me, and I really hate to say this, I think we lose another MNF Home game to the Browns. Quinn impressed me, Lewis will be effective in the 4th quarter against us, and an impressive secondary will make its share of plays against us, enough to bring us down. I am gonna be sick at 5-5 on Tuesday morning. That being said, we'll rebound against a poor KC D and Lynch will get his 100.

We handle business at home against San Fran, then it gets interesting. With the sterilized feel of the Rogers Centers rather than the cold, but just right, confines of the Ralph, we *gasp* get sweeped by the Fins, mostly on the inability to block Joey Porter and to stop Williams/Brown. Then we head to the Meadowlands and Fewell finally gets it straight, blitzes the Jets and Farve leads us to improbable victory. That leaves us at 8-6 with an at best 2-4 div record. Unless we drastically improve, I just don't see us beating both the Fins and the Jets. And unless there is a fluke, we'll probably need 10-6 for playoffs with our tiebreakers which will have Belicheck licking his chops for week 17.

Dun Duh duhhhhh... :tube:

Oaf
11-11-2008, 10:34 PM
*BUMP*

Michael82
11-12-2008, 02:26 AM
Wow! you hit that on the head. :shocked: