PDA

View Full Version : I have been reading how the Bills are a second half team lately....

Mitchy moo
10-02-2008, 08:59 AM
Besides all the great press laid on us, I think this says the most. Having to ability to win games at the end puts constant pressure on your opponents. The late 80's / early 90's Bills had that as one of their greatest attributes as well. You knew when Kelly got the ball with a few minutes to go and we needed to score, he was going to find a way to get it done a majority of the time.

I'm just happy we are getting back to those types of game days.

justasportsfan
10-02-2008, 09:01 AM
Once we learn to come out swinging, we could be one the more dangerous teams since we know how to close games out.

Griff
10-02-2008, 09:44 AM
I problem lies, and I hate to say this, in the coaching. Last year, we came out swinging in fact DJ was getting all sorts of credit for fielding a team that had no business winning games. And most of that came from preperation and motivation. This year the preperation seems to be gone. We were out coached in the Raiders and Rams games in the first half. We need to expect the blitz, the first two weeks Trent wasn't blitzed much and he had a QB rating of over a hundred, the last two weeks its been at 81 and change. Screens and quality first half running will beat the blitz.

Mitchy moo
10-02-2008, 09:56 AM
I problem lies, and I hate to say this, in the coaching. Last year, we came out swinging in fact DJ was getting all sorts of credit for fielding a team that had no business winning games. And most of that came from preperation and motivation. This year the preperation seems to be gone. We were out coached in the Raiders and Rams games in the first half. We need to expect the blitz, the first two weeks Trent wasn't blitzed much and he had a QB rating of over a hundred, the last two weeks its been at 81 and change. Screens and quality first half running will beat the blitz.

We play NFL talent every week, this isn't college. Adjustments need to be made in game to combat the other team's plans. I find it funny that people don't know that our teams practices plays all week to execute on gameday & you just don't throw them in the river after the first few series don't work out as planned.

Griff
10-02-2008, 10:05 AM
We play NFL talent every week, this isn't college. Adjustments need to be made in game to combat the other team's plans. I find it funny that people don't know that our teams practices plays all week to execute on gameday & you just don't throw them in the river after the first few series don't work out as planned.

I didn't say that adjustments don't need to be made, in fact that was our biggest weakness last year besides the IR list and inexperience. We didn't adjust last year, but the last couple weeks we haven't prepared very well. The Raiders played heavy blitz for the first time, and the Rams made a half dozen changes to try and confuse us. The coaching staff needs to prepare our young players better, so we don't have to come back in the 4th quarter for the 4th straigtht time. We need to make a statement, come out strong, and never let up.

Pinkerton Security
10-02-2008, 11:29 AM
I'd rather be a 2nd half team than a team that plays hard but cant make adjustments and therefore gets owned in the 2nd half.

Griff
10-02-2008, 11:54 AM
I'd rather be a 2nd half team than a team that plays hard but cant make adjustments and therefore gets owned in the 2nd half.

why do we have to be one or the other? Why can't we get an early lead and keep it?

Pinkerton Security
10-02-2008, 11:55 AM
that would be ideal. just saying, if you have to have a worse half, id prefer the 1st.

Mitchy moo
10-02-2008, 12:18 PM
why do we have to be one or the other? Why can't we get an early lead and keep it?

You cannot win all the games or have them go the same way, it just doesn't work that way normally.

Griff
10-02-2008, 12:36 PM
You cannot win all the games or have them go the same way, it just doesn't work that way normally.

no but we were openers last season, and this season we're closers, I think its time to figure out what we're not doing Monday-Saturday that we were doing last year.