X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

I got the sense that Hamdan is Edwards buddy off field

Sorry to bring Losman up. But I remember when Van Pelt was the backup, he was actively involved with RJ everywhere.
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Re: I got the sense that Hamdan is Edwards buddy off field

hamdan's interview sounds like a young guy talking about his role. i don't think any former first rounder would want to give that interview because it undermines his ability to get back on the field.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

I'd like to see this coming from JP as well as Hamdan, but let's be realistic. JP is a lame duck. His contract is up, the new Bills regime doesn't have confidence in him, and he wants to go somewhere to start (or at least to compete for the starting job). He's not going to be in a Bills uniform after this season, so we really can't expect him to be a great locker room guy.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BAM
        • Sep 2003

I thought the same thing about Edwards and Hamdan after seeing them together on OTR last week. This just confirms it. It's a shame that Losman isn't that guy but I don't blame him. I do, however, appreciate the fact that he's not running his mouth and complaining to the media about his backup role. Props to him for that.

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
          I'd like to see this coming from JP as well as Hamdan, but let's be realistic. JP is a lame duck. His contract is up, the new Bills regime doesn't have confidence in him, and he wants to go somewhere to start (or at least to compete for the starting job). He's not going to be in a Bills uniform after this season, so we really can't expect him to be a great locker room guy.
          weird. If the organization didn't have confidence in him they would've cut his arse and cheap Ralphy would've saved a few millions that could've been used to extend guys like Evans. They would've had an extra roster spot they could use to bring another player . They could've traded even for a 5th and maybe find a diamond in the rough. But no, they kept him and trusted him enough to make him no.2 in case something happens to Trent.

They do have faith in JP. The coaches made that known by keeping him and so have the players by speaking out in public. The thing is, they believe that Trent is better.

So once again, there is no evidence that JP sucks as bad as you guys make him out to be , but Trent is better.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
            weird. If the organization didn't have confidence in him they would've cut his arse and cheap Ralphy would've saved a few millions that could've been used to extend guys like Evans. They would've had an extra roster spot they could use to bring another player . They could've traded even for a 5th and maybe find a diamond in the rough. But no, they kept him and trusted him enough to make him no.2 in case something happens to Trent.

They do have faith in JP. The coaches made that known by keeping him and so have the players by speaking out in public. The thing is, they believe that Trent is better.

So once again, there is no evidence that JP sucks as bad as you guys make him out to be , but Trent is better.
            If the coaching staff had confidence in JP, they never would have used a 3rd round pick on a QB when the team has so many other needs in the first place. And they would have given JP his starting job back when he recovered from Wilfork's dirty hit last year. And they would have had a true training camp competition this off-season rather than declaring Trent the starter. And they would have tried to re-sign him before he becomes a FA this off season.

You're showing your biases because I never said JP was bad, yet you read it like that anyway. Like it or not, the coaches do not have confidence in JP.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• mybills
              81 st zoner
              • Jul 2002

JP doesn't do 3somes.
              I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• trapezeus
                Legendary Zoner
                • Oct 2004

we don't even know all the details of why JP was kept as a bill. Justa, you making an illogical rationalization. I'm not even picking a fight with you on this. but just because the bills kept him doesn't equate to them having confidence in him.

I see three scenarios for the FO and I'm sure the FO does a risk/reward analysis for cutting JP, Trading JP, and keeping jp.

In their mind, there is no reason to cut a guy who has experience on the field. To them, that's a big risk and no payoff.

We don't know if he was shopped around during the draft. We assume he was, but we're not sure. we also assume the price was too low. You can't say we could have gotten a 5th. We just don't know what would have made them say "deal is done, take him". The bills FO may very well have just wanted a 7th rounder and didn't get a partner. Not because JP is too volatile and weak willed to be a Starter in this league, but because no other team thought it was prudent to trade for somthing they could have for free next year. If you take those assumptions above, then you can kind of think the Bills FO was willing to part with him for the right price. Or in essense, they didn't really like to start him, but didn't hate him to let him go for nothing. Personally, i think they are in the middle ground and they know JP's character is to not take away from the team. So there is no harm. It's not like he's culpepper.

LastlyThe FO may love him and want him to stay. They may have full faith in him as a back up. In which case, justa is right.

But we don't really know which of these three cases is the point.

For the average fan going to the game, JP keeps to himself, he really doesn't seem to be part of the team atmosphere, and a lot of the interviews from the players credit Trent for things that JP definitely lacked. You can't help but read in between the lines when linemen say that TE brings calm to the huddle and is a guy to want to win for because he's got a great attitude and gets rid of the ball quickly.

JP is in a crap position with this team.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

If the coaching staff had confidence in JP, they never would have used a 3rd round pick on a QB when the team has so many other needs in the first place. And they would have given JP his starting job back when he recovered from Wilfork's dirty hit last year. And they would have had a true training camp competition this off-season rather than declaring Trent the starter. And they would have tried to re-sign him before he becomes a FA this off season. .
                  WrONG! We had this converstation before. They weren't sold on Nall or Holcomb. Our back up qb issues weren't solved then. You and I weren't sold on JP either. So they brought in Trent as insurance . What they later found out is that Trent was better than they thought he was.

Again it's not that they don't think JP sucks, it's just that Trent is better. The coaches have spoken publicly about JP. Even Marv said good things about JP.

You're showing your biases.
                  My bias? I defended Trent when you said he was a mistake. MY reasoining then just like yours was "the jury is still out on JP " even after 06. You *****ed about the drafting of Trent while I defended him.

because I never said JP was bad, yet you read it like that anyway. .
                  well duh!
                  JP is a lame duck. His contract is up, the new Bills regime doesn't have confidence in him, .

Like it or not, the coaches do not have confidence in JP.
                  I have proof. JP is no. 2. They are sold that if Trent goes down, JP is in.

Here's what Kelso said about JP a few weeks ago. He has more inside info than any of us do.
                  I continue to say and have said many times this year that I think JP has all the tools to be a great quarterback in this league and it was unfortunate that he had to deal with several offensive coordinators and new systems in his career. I have also said many times that he is always a positive influence in the locker room and is known for a strong work ethic and being a student of the game.

Mark Kelso

My sources from coaches , players and even Kelso are better than yours.

JP doesn't suck but Trent is better.
                  sacrifice1

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus
                    we don't even know all the details of why JP was kept as a bill. Justa, you making an illogical rationalization. I'm not even picking a fight with you on this. but just because the bills kept him doesn't equate to them having confidence in him.

I see three scenarios for the FO and I'm sure the FO does a risk/reward analysis for cutting JP, Trading JP, and keeping jp.

In their mind, there is no reason to cut a guy who has experience on the field. To them, that's a big risk and no payoff.

We don't know if he was shopped around during the draft. We assume he was, but we're not sure. we also assume the price was too low. You can't say we could have gotten a 5th. We just don't know what would have made them say "deal is done, take him". The bills FO may very well have just wanted a 7th rounder and didn't get a partner. Not because JP is too volatile and weak willed to be a Starter in this league, but because no other team thought it was prudent to trade for somthing they could have for free next year. If you take those assumptions above, then you can kind of think the Bills FO was willing to part with him for the right price. Or in essense, they didn't really like to start him, but didn't hate him to let him go for nothing. Personally, i think they are in the middle ground and they know JP's character is to not take away from the team. So there is no harm. It's not like he's culpepper.

LastlyThe FO may love him and want him to stay. They may have full faith in him as a back up. In which case, justa is right.

But we don't really know which of these three cases is the point.

For the average fan going to the game, JP keeps to himself, he really doesn't seem to be part of the team atmosphere, and a lot of the interviews from the players credit Trent for things that JP definitely lacked. You can't help but read in between the lines when linemen say that TE brings calm to the huddle and is a guy to want to win for because he's got a great attitude and gets rid of the ball quickly.

JP is in a crap position with this team.

I may not know the details but all I know is what the coaches say about JP. You have nothing when it comes to trying to talk him down.

I believe our coaches have the same confidnce in JP should Trent get injured like Marv had confidence in Reich when Kelly got injured.

If they didn't have confidence in JP they would've cut a back up who cost more than the starter.

I think they believe JP can be agood qb but they like Trent better.
                    sacrifice1

Comment

• casdhf
                      • Jul 2002

Maybe if you keep this groveling up, JP will give you a hug before the season's over.
                      Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                      cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• TrentLeeLynch
                        • Sep 2008

Perhaps this is one of the reasons Trent is better than JP. Trent goes the extra mile to learn and get better. Everyone in the NFL has talent. Every QB has the physical skills but what sets the great ones apart I truly believe is the quantity and quality of film study. Basically it comes down to attitude towards your work. I guarantee Tom Brady was putting in extra film study when he was a 4th or 3rd stringer so he would be prepared when he got his shot.

Sure JP will not be on this team next year but wouldnt he benefit from sitting with Gibran and Trent down the line when he gets a shot with another team.

BUT thats up to him. You have to give him credit for keeping quiet and not being a distraction. As far as im concerned hes doing exactly what this team needs right now.

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

I may not know the details but all I know is what the coaches say about JP. You have nothing when it comes to trying to talk him down.

I believe our coaches have the same confidnce in JP should Trent get injured like Marv had confidence in Reich when Kelly got injured.

If they didn't have confidence in JP they would've cut a back up who cost more than the starter.

I think they believe JP can be agood qb but they like Trent better.
                          fair enough.

I don't think what is said publicaly is a good guage on the true feeling of the player. You're not going to get anyone to say, "he is pretty weak in consistency, and the players like that he wants to win, but they get frustrated when he makes the wrong reads and then mopes on the sidelines. and then struggles for the rest of the game."

they have to say the PC thing and say they like all their players.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by casdhf
                            Maybe if you keep this groveling up, JP will give you a hug before the season's over.
                            I support every player on this team and if thats your definition of groveling then so be it.
                            sacrifice1

Comment

• djjimkelly
                              • Apr 2003

WrONG! We had this converstation before. They weren't sold on Nall or Holcomb. Our back up qb issues weren't solved then. You and I weren't sold on JP either. So they brought in Trent as insurance . What they later found out is that Trent was better than they thought he was.

Again it's not that they don't think JP sucks, it's just that Trent is better. The coaches have spoken publicly about JP. Even Marv said good things about JP.

My bias? I defended Trent when you said he was a mistake. MY reasoining then just like yours was "the jury is still out on JP " even after 06. You *****ed about the drafting of Trent while I defended him.

well duh!

I have proof. JP is no. 2. They are sold that if Trent goes down, JP is in.

Here's what Kelso said about JP a few weeks ago. He has more inside info than any of us do.

My sources from coaches , players and even Kelso are better than yours.

JP doesn't suck but Trent is better.

trent may be be better for bills. i still think JP is the better overall talent. we will see in next few years. when he goes elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                              X