PDA

View Full Version : I got the sense that Hamdan is Edwards buddy off field

ghz in pittsburgh
10-02-2008, 10:07 AM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?NEWS_ID=6709

Sorry to bring Losman up. But I remember when Van Pelt was the backup, he was actively involved with RJ everywhere.

trapezeus
10-02-2008, 11:25 AM
hamdan's interview sounds like a young guy talking about his role. i don't think any former first rounder would want to give that interview because it undermines his ability to get back on the field.

OpIv37
10-02-2008, 11:31 AM
I'd like to see this coming from JP as well as Hamdan, but let's be realistic. JP is a lame duck. His contract is up, the new Bills regime doesn't have confidence in him, and he wants to go somewhere to start (or at least to compete for the starting job). He's not going to be in a Bills uniform after this season, so we really can't expect him to be a great locker room guy.

BAM
10-02-2008, 11:34 AM
I thought the same thing about Edwards and Hamdan after seeing them together on OTR last week. This just confirms it. It's a shame that Losman isn't that guy but I don't blame him. I do, however, appreciate the fact that he's not running his mouth and complaining to the media about his backup role. Props to him for that. :bf1:

justasportsfan
10-02-2008, 11:34 AM
I'd like to see this coming from JP as well as Hamdan, but let's be realistic. JP is a lame duck. His contract is up, the new Bills regime doesn't have confidence in him, and he wants to go somewhere to start (or at least to compete for the starting job). He's not going to be in a Bills uniform after this season, so we really can't expect him to be a great locker room guy.
weird. If the organization didn't have confidence in him they would've cut his arse and cheap Ralphy would've saved a few millions that could've been used to extend guys like Evans. They would've had an extra roster spot they could use to bring another player . They could've traded even for a 5th and maybe find a diamond in the rough. But no, they kept him and trusted him enough to make him no.2 in case something happens to Trent.

They do have faith in JP. The coaches made that known by keeping him and so have the players by speaking out in public. The thing is, they believe that Trent is better.

So once again, there is no evidence that JP sucks as bad as you guys make him out to be , but Trent is better.

OpIv37
10-02-2008, 11:41 AM
weird. If the organization didn't have confidence in him they would've cut his arse and cheap Ralphy would've saved a few millions that could've been used to extend guys like Evans. They would've had an extra roster spot they could use to bring another player . They could've traded even for a 5th and maybe find a diamond in the rough. But no, they kept him and trusted him enough to make him no.2 in case something happens to Trent.

They do have faith in JP. The coaches made that known by keeping him and so have the players by speaking out in public. The thing is, they believe that Trent is better.

So once again, there is no evidence that JP sucks as bad as you guys make him out to be , but Trent is better.

If the coaching staff had confidence in JP, they never would have used a 3rd round pick on a QB when the team has so many other needs in the first place. And they would have given JP his starting job back when he recovered from Wilfork's dirty hit last year. And they would have had a true training camp competition this off-season rather than declaring Trent the starter. And they would have tried to re-sign him before he becomes a FA this off season.

You're showing your biases because I never said JP was bad, yet you read it like that anyway. Like it or not, the coaches do not have confidence in JP.

mybills
10-02-2008, 11:43 AM
JP doesn't do 3somes. :evil:

trapezeus
10-02-2008, 11:52 AM
we don't even know all the details of why JP was kept as a bill. Justa, you making an illogical rationalization. I'm not even picking a fight with you on this. but just because the bills kept him doesn't equate to them having confidence in him.

I see three scenarios for the FO and I'm sure the FO does a risk/reward analysis for cutting JP, Trading JP, and keeping jp.

In their mind, there is no reason to cut a guy who has experience on the field. To them, that's a big risk and no payoff.

We don't know if he was shopped around during the draft. We assume he was, but we're not sure. we also assume the price was too low. You can't say we could have gotten a 5th. We just don't know what would have made them say "deal is done, take him". The bills FO may very well have just wanted a 7th rounder and didn't get a partner. Not because JP is too volatile and weak willed to be a Starter in this league, but because no other team thought it was prudent to trade for somthing they could have for free next year. If you take those assumptions above, then you can kind of think the Bills FO was willing to part with him for the right price. Or in essense, they didn't really like to start him, but didn't hate him to let him go for nothing. Personally, i think they are in the middle ground and they know JP's character is to not take away from the team. So there is no harm. It's not like he's culpepper.

LastlyThe FO may love him and want him to stay. They may have full faith in him as a back up. In which case, justa is right.

But we don't really know which of these three cases is the point.

For the average fan going to the game, JP keeps to himself, he really doesn't seem to be part of the team atmosphere, and a lot of the interviews from the players credit Trent for things that JP definitely lacked. You can't help but read in between the lines when linemen say that TE brings calm to the huddle and is a guy to want to win for because he's got a great attitude and gets rid of the ball quickly.

JP is in a crap position with this team.

justasportsfan
10-02-2008, 12:04 PM
If the coaching staff had confidence in JP, they never would have used a 3rd round pick on a QB when the team has so many other needs in the first place. And they would have given JP his starting job back when he recovered from Wilfork's dirty hit last year. And they would have had a true training camp competition this off-season rather than declaring Trent the starter. And they would have tried to re-sign him before he becomes a FA this off season. .

WrONG! We had this converstation before. They weren't sold on Nall or Holcomb. Our back up qb issues weren't solved then. You and I weren't sold on JP either. So they brought in Trent as insurance . What they later found out is that Trent was better than they thought he was.

Again it's not that they don't think JP sucks, it's just that Trent is better. The coaches have spoken publicly about JP. Even Marv said good things about JP.

You're showing your biases. My bias? I defended Trent when you said he was a mistake. MY reasoining then just like yours was "the jury is still out on JP " even after 06. You *****ed about the drafting of Trent while I defended him.

because I never said JP was bad, yet you read it like that anyway. .

well duh!

JP is a lame duck. His contract is up, the new Bills regime doesn't have confidence in him, .

Like it or not, the coaches do not have confidence in JP. I have proof. JP is no. 2. They are sold that if Trent goes down, JP is in.

Here's what Kelso said about JP a few weeks ago. He has more inside info than any of us do.

I continue to say and have said many times this year that I think JP has all the tools to be a great quarterback in this league and it was unfortunate that he had to deal with several offensive coordinators and new systems in his career. I have also said many times that he is always a positive influence in the locker room and is known for a strong work ethic and being a student of the game.

Mark Kelso

My sources from coaches , players and even Kelso are better than yours.

JP doesn't suck but Trent is better.

justasportsfan
10-02-2008, 12:08 PM
we don't even know all the details of why JP was kept as a bill. Justa, you making an illogical rationalization. I'm not even picking a fight with you on this. but just because the bills kept him doesn't equate to them having confidence in him.

I see three scenarios for the FO and I'm sure the FO does a risk/reward analysis for cutting JP, Trading JP, and keeping jp.

In their mind, there is no reason to cut a guy who has experience on the field. To them, that's a big risk and no payoff.

We don't know if he was shopped around during the draft. We assume he was, but we're not sure. we also assume the price was too low. You can't say we could have gotten a 5th. We just don't know what would have made them say "deal is done, take him". The bills FO may very well have just wanted a 7th rounder and didn't get a partner. Not because JP is too volatile and weak willed to be a Starter in this league, but because no other team thought it was prudent to trade for somthing they could have for free next year. If you take those assumptions above, then you can kind of think the Bills FO was willing to part with him for the right price. Or in essense, they didn't really like to start him, but didn't hate him to let him go for nothing. Personally, i think they are in the middle ground and they know JP's character is to not take away from the team. So there is no harm. It's not like he's culpepper.

LastlyThe FO may love him and want him to stay. They may have full faith in him as a back up. In which case, justa is right.

But we don't really know which of these three cases is the point.

For the average fan going to the game, JP keeps to himself, he really doesn't seem to be part of the team atmosphere, and a lot of the interviews from the players credit Trent for things that JP definitely lacked. You can't help but read in between the lines when linemen say that TE brings calm to the huddle and is a guy to want to win for because he's got a great attitude and gets rid of the ball quickly.

JP is in a crap position with this team.

I may not know the details but all I know is what the coaches say about JP. You have nothing when it comes to trying to talk him down.

I believe our coaches have the same confidnce in JP should Trent get injured like Marv had confidence in Reich when Kelly got injured.

If they didn't have confidence in JP they would've cut a back up who cost more than the starter.

I think they believe JP can be agood qb but they like Trent better.

casdhf
10-02-2008, 12:15 PM
Maybe if you keep this groveling up, JP will give you a hug before the season's over.

TrentLeeLynch
10-02-2008, 12:20 PM
Perhaps this is one of the reasons Trent is better than JP. Trent goes the extra mile to learn and get better. Everyone in the NFL has talent. Every QB has the physical skills but what sets the great ones apart I truly believe is the quantity and quality of film study. Basically it comes down to attitude towards your work. I guarantee Tom Brady was putting in extra film study when he was a 4th or 3rd stringer so he would be prepared when he got his shot.

Sure JP will not be on this team next year but wouldnt he benefit from sitting with Gibran and Trent down the line when he gets a shot with another team.

BUT thats up to him. You have to give him credit for keeping quiet and not being a distraction. As far as im concerned hes doing exactly what this team needs right now.

trapezeus
10-02-2008, 12:29 PM
I may not know the details but all I know is what the coaches say about JP. You have nothing when it comes to trying to talk him down.

I believe our coaches have the same confidnce in JP should Trent get injured like Marv had confidence in Reich when Kelly got injured.

If they didn't have confidence in JP they would've cut a back up who cost more than the starter.

I think they believe JP can be agood qb but they like Trent better.

fair enough.

I don't think what is said publicaly is a good guage on the true feeling of the player. You're not going to get anyone to say, "he is pretty weak in consistency, and the players like that he wants to win, but they get frustrated when he makes the wrong reads and then mopes on the sidelines. and then struggles for the rest of the game."

they have to say the PC thing and say they like all their players.

justasportsfan
10-02-2008, 12:31 PM
Maybe if you keep this groveling up, JP will give you a hug before the season's over.
I support every player on this team and if thats your definition of groveling then so be it.

djjimkelly
10-02-2008, 12:33 PM
WrONG! We had this converstation before. They weren't sold on Nall or Holcomb. Our back up qb issues weren't solved then. You and I weren't sold on JP either. So they brought in Trent as insurance . What they later found out is that Trent was better than they thought he was.

Again it's not that they don't think JP sucks, it's just that Trent is better. The coaches have spoken publicly about JP. Even Marv said good things about JP.

My bias? I defended Trent when you said he was a mistake. MY reasoining then just like yours was "the jury is still out on JP " even after 06. You *****ed about the drafting of Trent while I defended him.

well duh!

I have proof. JP is no. 2. They are sold that if Trent goes down, JP is in.

Here's what Kelso said about JP a few weeks ago. He has more inside info than any of us do.

trent may be be better for bills. i still think JP is the better overall talent. we will see in next few years. when he goes elsewhere.

justasportsfan
10-02-2008, 12:33 PM
fair enough.

I don't think what is said publicaly is a good guage on the true feeling of the player. You're not going to get anyone to say, "he is pretty weak in consistency, and the players like that he wants to win, but they get frustrated when he makes the wrong reads and then mopes on the sidelines. and then struggles for the rest of the game."

they have to say the PC thing and say they like all their players.

everyone from Turk to the players blamed Fairchild. Players and coaches even MArv supported JP and Kelso most recently. They wouldn't go an extra mile to do so if Jp was as bad as some people make him out to be.

justasportsfan
10-02-2008, 12:35 PM
trent may be be better for bills. i still think JP is the better overall talent. we will see in next few years. when he goes elsewhere.
I wasn't sold on JP back then after 06 and I'm not sold on him now either.

I just don't think he's as bad as some people here make him out to be and thats what I've been defending and if that makes me a licker , then so be it.

trapezeus
10-02-2008, 12:52 PM
the team also didn't give him a chance to try yet another coordinator. That speaks louder than the praise they have to give him.

they have to create peace on the team. There is an article on yahoo right now with lee saying both qB's are handling a difficult situation well. Also, if jp has to come in, you want him in the best possible mind to be in.

djjimkelly, what are you basing your thoughts on? I am guessing in the QB challenge, JP throws it further, but i don't think he's more accurate, i don't think he makes the right reads, i don't think he's good at making in game adjustments, and i think he mentally breaks down when things don't go his way.If you want to put all of that on fairchild, so be it. But i'm still standing by my opinion that there is very chance JP starts in this league without someone else getting injured. Whatever his next team is, he will be fighting with a young QB for the Starting QB position...and he'll most likely be doing it on a bad team again. That's not going to help him.

OpIv37
10-02-2008, 12:56 PM

My bias? I defended Trent when you said he was a mistake. MY reasoining then just like yours was "the jury is still out on JP " even after 06. You *****ed about the drafting of Trent while I defended him.

well duh!

I have proof. JP is no. 2. They are sold that if Trent goes down, JP is in.

Do you even know what "lame duck" means?

It doesn't mean he's incapable of doing his job. It means his time at his job is coming to a close- he knows it, everyone else knows it- so it limits his effectiveness.

They are not necessarily sold on JP as a back up. But as back ups go, JP is one of the better ones in the league and there wasn't a lot available this off-season. You're confusing lack of options/convenience with confidence in JP.

justasportsfan
10-02-2008, 01:06 PM
Do you even know what "lame duck" means?

It doesn't mean he's incapable of doing his job. It means his time at his job is coming to a close- he knows it, everyone else knows it- so it limits his effectiveness. .I know what it means. He's done here. But for you to say they don't have confidence in him is inaccurate especially since he's no.2 on this team should anything happen to Trent.

They are not necessarily sold on JP as a back up. But as back ups go, JP is one of the better ones in the league and there wasn't a lot available this off-season. You're confusing lack of options/convenience with confidence in JP.
haha! Thats contradictory. If they are not sold on him yet they'll give him the job of the most important position on this team if anything happens to Trent?

Where's your link that they aren't sold on him as back up? I don't need to link that they are because he is the no. 2.

Lexwhat
10-02-2008, 01:44 PM

They don't need to cut JP to sign Lee Evans. They have enough money regardless.

justasportsfan
10-02-2008, 01:48 PM
They don't need to cut JP to sign Lee Evans. They have enough money regardless.
I know that. I just said they could've used the cash to do so.

The people here who think Ralphy is cheap and that JP amounts to nothing are probably wondering why they would keep a back up that costs more than the starting qb especially one that amounts to nothing. they must think our coaches and FO are that stupid?

mybills
10-02-2008, 01:56 PM
Sorry to bring Losman up.
That worked out well. :D

Lexwhat
10-02-2008, 02:07 PM
I know that. I just said they could've used the cash to do so.

The people here who think Ralphy is cheap and that JP amounts to nothing are probably wondering why they would keep a back up that costs more than the starting qb especially one that amounts to nothing. they must think our coaches and FO are that stupid?

I see. Honestly, my opinion is that JP sucks, plain and simple. IMO, his career is going to turn out just like David Carr's.

If you look at the trend in the league right now, any QB who makes bad decisions, even if they are raw and athletic, are being phased out. No one has 3-4 years to develop someone anymore. Steady game managers create more success than erratic, inconsistent QBs like Losman / Vince Young / Rex Grossman / Alex Smith / Tarvaris Jackson,

1. Titans: Kerry Collins is a better game manager.
2. Bears: Kyle Orton.
3. 49ers: JT O'Sullivan.
4. Vikings: Gus Frerotte.

justasportsfan
10-02-2008, 02:21 PM
I see. Honestly, my opinion is that JP sucks, plain and simple. IMO, his career is going to turn out just like David Carr's. .to each his own. Our coaches and FO don't agree with you.

If you look at the trend in the league right now, any QB who makes bad decisions, even if they are raw and athletic, are being phased out. No one has 3-4 years to develop someone anymore. Steady game managers create more success than erratic, inconsistent QBs like Losman / Vince Young / Rex Grossman / Alex Smith / Tarvaris Jackson,

1. Titans: Kerry Collins is a better game manager.
2. Bears: Kyle Orton.
3. 49ers: JT O'Sullivan.
4. Vikings: Gus Frerotte.
If you look at the trend , qb's that are doing well stayed with the same system ,had decent coaches, had decnt OL and took time to develop.

Everyone in JP's draft class had that that except JP .
Rivers, HAd MArty. Ben had Cowher , Eli had Coughlin .Jp had ...MALARKEY?...sone to be replaced by FAirchild? Rivers ,Eli and Ben would've busted under JP's situation.

Some of those who hate JP actually called Eli a bust and thought JP was a better qb after 06.

Alex Smith was supposed ot be better than Rogers. Alex Smith like JP was thrown to the wolves without an OL.

I'll take what the coaches have to say about JP and what they had to say about Fairhcild. Add them together, Fairchild was at fault. Not JP.

Oaf
10-02-2008, 02:31 PM
If the coaching staff had confidence in JP, they never would have used a 3rd round pick on a QB when the team has so many other needs in the first place.

This is flat wrong according to Marv Levy. As per the Yahoo article that came out today,

“Our plan that year in the draft was to take another quarterback, but we were looking at the sixth or seventh round, a young guy who we might work with for a few years and develop if he showed something in camp,” Levy said. “But we had a first-round grade on Trent and after he made it through the first round and then all the way through the second round, we all looked at each, (director of college scouting) Tom Modrak, coach (Dick) Jauron and even (Bills owner) Mr.(Ralph) Wilson and we said, ‘Hey, we have to take him.’ ”

Oaf
10-02-2008, 02:33 PM
Some of those who hate JP actually called Eli a bust and thought JP was a better qb after 06.

I'll take what the coaches have to say about JP and what they had to say about Fairhcild. Add them together, Fairchild was at fault. Not JP.
Good statements, I remember that too. I've said this before but if NYG gives JP 4 years like they did Manning, they're in the playoffs at least twice. Mularkey and Fairchild? :puke:

justasportsfan
10-02-2008, 02:34 PM
This is flat wrong according to Marv Levy. As per the Yahoo article that came out today,I was right. They weren't sold on Nall or Holcomb. It just so happens that Trent turned out to be better than what they expected and not that JP sucks.

TacklingDummy
10-02-2008, 02:37 PM
Justa, for the most part even draz, djjim, and acehole have given up on protecting JP.

justasportsfan
10-02-2008, 02:40 PM
Justa, for the most part even draz, djjim, and acehole have given up on protecting JP.
So what? I'm still defending a bills player. I support bills players .

Besides, what happened to you calling him a cancer ?You give up?

TacklingDummy
10-02-2008, 02:43 PM
So what? I'm still defending a bills player. Besides, what happened to you calling him a cancer ?

I do not need to cricitize JP as much anymore because...

1) he is the backup.

2) Trent is the better QB.

3) JP is history after this year.

His time in Buffalo is almost at an end. Goodbye and good riddance.

justasportsfan
10-02-2008, 02:45 PM
I do not need to cricitize JP as much anymore because...

1) he is the backup.

2) Trent is the better QB.

3) JP is history after this year.

His time in Buffalo is almost at an end. Goodbye and good riddance.
Until then, he's still a bills player and I support him.

No answer on the cancer part huh? That's because you are wrong.

TacklingDummy
10-02-2008, 02:48 PM
No answer on the cancer part huh? That's because you are wrong.

Right or wrong, it doesn't matter. He sucks, he dragged this team down when he was starter, and soon he will be history.

justasportsfan
10-02-2008, 02:49 PM
Right or wrong, it doesn't matter..typical answer from the one who was cluelessly wrong!

He sucks, he dragged this team down when he was starter, and soon he will be history.
the coaches disagree with you and I'm sure they know better than you. I wonder where the others that said he'd be a cancer are? :snicker:

Lexwhat
10-02-2008, 02:53 PM
to each his own. Our coaches and FO don't agree with you.

It's not that simple. See below.

If you look at the trend , qb's that are doing well stayed with the same system ,had decent coaches, had decnt OL and took time to develop.

Everyone in JP's draft class had that that except JP .
Rivers, HAd MArty. Ben had Cowher , Eli had Coughlin .Jp had ...MALARKEY?...sone to be replaced by FAirchild? Rivers ,Eli and Ben would've busted under JP's situation.

Alex Smith was supposed ot be better than Rogers. Alex Smith like JP was thrown to the wolves without an OL.

1. Everyone agrees that JP had a crappy coaching staff. But that doesn't mean that if he had a good team around him, that he would be a good QB. IMO, he would still be bad. Even Grossman had a good running game, average WRs, and a decent OL, but he still was erratic as hell.

2. There are also some young QBs who do decent in less than ideal circumstances. A lot of Buffalo fans think that JP has shown flashes. I don't. You can call me TacklingDummy.

3. You have to balance the harms and benefits. The reason JP is here is because he has some rapport with Lee, Reed, and the playbook (benefits). But he's erratic, inconsistent, and not smart (harms).

IMO, the Bills decided to keep him here till his contract runs out because even a decent STARTER in this league is hard to find. We have to work with what's available. In other words, we simply kept JP because we couldn't find a better alternative, but we still have a crappy player.

4. This is where you are way off. The only reason Fairchild is gone is because he QUIT. There is a 99% chance that Fairchild would still be here if he didn't get that college job. How you fail to see that is beyond me.

TacklingDummy
10-02-2008, 02:56 PM
typical answer from the one who was cluelessly wrong!

When they have showed JP during the games he has that bored look on his face. If he happens to get a chance to play this year, :pray: not, he may just well be the next Billy Joe Hobert

How do the coaches disagree? Are they supposed to come out and say JP sucks and he's the backup? The coaches agree that JP blows by JP being the backup.

I really don't feel like arguing about JP Losman.

The Bills are 4-0.
The Bills over the last 52 games are 10-21 when JP starts, 13-8 when someone else starts.
It's obvious that JP was the biggest part of the problem.

justasportsfan
10-02-2008, 03:01 PM
I thought you were done. GUess not.

When they have showed JP during the games he has that bored look on his face. If he happens to get a chance to play this year, :pray: not, he may just well be the next Billy Joe Hobert.opinion not fact.

How do the coaches disagree? Are they supposed to come out and say JP sucks and he's the backup? The coaches agree that JP blows by JP being the backup..like I already said here. He doesn't suck or he would've been cut but Trent is better.

I really don't feel like arguing about JP Losman. .
Oh puhlese. You know you do or you wouldn't have chimed in this thread.

The Bills are 4-0.
The Bills over the last 52 games are 10-21 when JP starts, 13-8 when someone else starts.
It's obvious that JP was the biggest part of the problem. FIARHCILD .Ask the players and the coaches. They know better than you.

TacklingDummy
10-02-2008, 03:05 PM
FIARHCILD .Ask the players and the coaches. They know better than you.

same coaches, same players, the only difference is the starting QB.

10-21 vs. 13-8.

Nothing else really needs to be said.

justasportsfan
10-02-2008, 03:11 PM
1. Everyone agrees that JP had a crappy coaching staff. But that doesn't mean that if he had a good team around him, that he would be a good QB. IMO, he would still be bad. Even Grossman had a good running game, average WRs, and a decent OL, but he still was erratic as hell..
I agree. Doesn't mean he'd be good, doesn't mean he'll suck either. Our 4-0 coaches don't think he sucks or they would cut him (for the nth time)

2. There are also some young QBs who do decent in less than ideal circumstances. A lot of Buffalo fans think that JP has shown flashes. I don't. You can call me TacklingDummy.. As OP says, " exception to the rules" Alex Smith was one hell of a qb, look at him now.

3. You have to balance the harms and benefits. The reason JP is here is because he has some rapport with Lee, Reed, and the playbook (benefits). But he's erratic, inconsistent, and not smart (harms). . a lot of people close to the organization say you're wrong. Again, it's just tht Trent is better.
Kelso disagrees with you. I think I'd rather side with him than you.

I continue to say and have said many times this year that I think JP has all the tools to be a great quarterback in this league and it was unfortunate that he had to deal with several offensive coordinators and new systems in his career. I have also said many times that he is always a positive influence in the locker room and is known for a strong work ethic and being a student of the game.

Mark Kelso

IMO, the Bills decided to keep him here till his contract runs out because even a decent STARTER in this league is hard to find. We have to work with what's available. In other words, we simply kept JP because we couldn't find a better alternative, but we still have a crappy player..you're making assumptions without facts to back that up. Plain and simple , if he sucks like you say he does, our 4-0 coaches would've dumped his arse for Hamdan. He's the no. 2 so you asummptions fall short.

4. This is where you are way off. The only reason Fairchild is gone is because he QUIT. There is a 99% chance that Fairchild would still be here if he didn't get that college job. How you fail to see that is beyond me. Not what Chris Brown implied. Chris Brown implied in one of his blogs that Dick could not justify keeping Fairchild. Was most likely gone anyways. Turk was short of calling Fairchild an idiot for not calling what they practiced all week. No qb could thrive in such an atmoshphere.

The players called out Fairchild.

OpIv37
10-02-2008, 06:06 PM
This is flat wrong according to Marv Levy. As per the Yahoo article that came out today,

that's called "bull****ting the press to keep your starting QB happy". Don't read too much into it.

OpIv37
10-02-2008, 06:10 PM
I know what it means. He's done here. But for you to say they don't have confidence in him is inaccurate especially since he's no.2 on this team should anything happen to Trent.

haha! Thats contradictory. If they are not sold on him yet they'll give him the job of the most important position on this team if anything happens to Trent?

Where's your link that they aren't sold on him as back up? I don't need to link that they are because he is the no. 2.

If they were sold on him, he'd be #1. Period. No link necessary.

Look, I was behind JP all the way. I liked his athleticism, I liked his arm strength, I even met him the night befor the '05 opener and he was really nice to us. I was really pulling for him and hoping he'd succeed. But he didn't. There's no sense trying to pretend the coaches have confidence in him and pretend he's better than he was.

trapezeus
10-02-2008, 06:23 PM
I said JP would be a cancer. Luckily winning these close games makes it hard for him to get any support from anyone.

if seattles slow start wwas a loss, oakland was a loss, and/or the rams was a loss and evans didn't get the ball at all, i have a feeling that certain players would publically ask for JP, such as evans.

but like i said, winning and good ball distribution has everyone happy, and someone being a downer in this isn't going to get a lot of sympathy. if we were losing, the bills would have been worse off with JP than without. That's my gut feeling.

And you should stop saying the coaches think that JP is better than he is. we don't know that. we have very generic statements that are clearly the PC answer. They could think he was the worst decision that they got stuck with or they could think he's better than TE, but they want to ride the hot hand. we really dont know.

But i do put a lot of stock in the statements players make about TE which they never said about JP. You can hear it in their tone that they really trust TE. They never did with JP and even less so when the bills were playing from behind.

JP's starter record, i don't think you can put all that on coaching. trent had the same coaches last year and rolled out a more stable set of games where we were always in it.

mybills
10-02-2008, 07:10 PM
that's called "bull****ting the press to keep your starting QB happy". Don't read too much into it.

wrong according to Marv Levy. As per the Yahoo article that came out today
Marv is still with the Bills? Cool!

OpIv37
10-02-2008, 08:22 PM
wrong according to Marv Levy. As per the Yahoo article that came out today
Marv is still with the Bills? Cool!

He didn't provide a link to the article- just because he read it today doesn't mean it came out today. Oh, and just because the quote was in the paper today doesn't mean Marv said it today. It was most likely a quote from when Edwards was first signed.

Lexwhat
10-03-2008, 02:24 AM
Kelso disagrees with you. I think I'd rather side with him than you.

For every Kelso, there's another expert who thinks JP sucks. In the end, who cares what Kelso specifically thinks? Everyone's got an opinion.

you're making assumptions without facts to back that up. Plain and simple , if he sucks like you say he does, our 4-0 coaches would've dumped his arse for Hamdan. He's the no. 2 so you asummptions fall short.

Not what Chris Brown implied. Chris Brown implied in one of his blogs that Dick could not justify keeping Fairchild. Was most likely gone anyways. Turk was short of calling Fairchild an idiot for not calling what they practiced all week. No qb could thrive in such an atmoshphere.

Youre saying that I am making assumptions, but then the next paragraph you say "was most likely gone anyways." Seems like youre the one making assumptions. Chris Brown is nothing but a clown, and rarely has any insider information.

Anyways: In case you didnt know, Jauron is extremely loyal to the people he hires. In fact, one of the biggest reasons he got fired in Chicago was because he refused to fire none other than his .... OFFENSIVE coordinator.

justasportsfan
10-03-2008, 09:32 AM
Once again, OP pretending to know what is fact and what is fiction when it comes to what is written. Typical. You know better than what was quoted. You are in no position to determine what the intent of a quote is. You are not even close to the source.

justasportsfan
10-03-2008, 09:38 AM
For every Kelso, there's another expert who thinks JP sucks. In the end, who cares what Kelso specifically thinks? Everyone's got an opinion..
people who are not close to the situation. How about the players? Are they not privy to what goes on with the team. How about Van Pelt? Their opinions of JP are more accurate than anyone here .

Youre saying that I am making assumptions, but then the next paragraph you say "was most likely gone anyways." Seems like youre the one making assumptions. Chris Brown is nothing but a clown, and rarely has any insider information.. He hangs around the team. You don't Whatever he says is more accurate than anyone here including you and myself.

Anyways: In case you didnt know, Jauron is extremely loyal to the people he hires. In fact, one of the biggest reasons he got fired in Chicago was because he refused to fire none other than his .... OFFENSIVE coordinator.

I know that. BUt he didn't hire JP and yet he retained JP and his salary. PLain and simple, if JP sucked as bad as you think he is, Dick wouldn't have retained a Qb who is more expensive than the starter. He would not have the confidence in JP to come in and take over should Trent get injured. Dick is not stupid.

justasportsfan
10-03-2008, 09:39 AM
He didn't provide a link to the article- just because he read it today doesn't mean it came out today. Oh, and just because the quote was in the paper today doesn't mean Marv said it today. It was most likely a quote from when Edwards was first signed. But you knowwhen it was said?

Who cares when it was said. Fact is it was a quote from MArv.

OpIv37
10-03-2008, 09:41 AM
Once again, OP pretending to know what is fact and what is fiction when it comes to what is written. Typical. You know better than what was quoted. You are in no position to determine what the intent of a quote is. You are not even close to the source.

Neither are the people who are accepting that quote as fact. It's ignorant to take everyone's statement verbatim and not analyze their motives.

OpIv37
10-03-2008, 09:42 AM
But you knowwhen it was said?

Who cares when it was said. Fact is it was a quote from MArv.

Fact is it was a quote from Marv to the press, and telling the truth to the press is rarely in anyone's best interest.

justasportsfan
10-03-2008, 09:43 AM
Fact is it was a quote from Marv to the press, and telling the truth to the press is rarely in anyone's best interest.
who are you to judge whether Marv is telling the truth or not? Who are you tell us whether Marv is blowing smoke up our arse? Who are you to call MArv a liar?

justasportsfan
10-03-2008, 09:44 AM
Neither are the people who are accepting that quote as fact. It's ignorant to take everyone's statement verbatim and not analyze their motives.
but you have nothing to rebuke it other than what "you think " might have happened without anything to back it up.