• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shelby
    The Vanilla admin
    • Jul 2002

Devin's Bold Picks

Time again for RockStar's weekly picks....enjoy!

Is it just me, or does the football season fly by very quickly? I mean, we sit here in February getting ready for the draft, and the off-season thinking about how slow things go. Then they get slower as free agency hits, mini-camps, training camp, and finally the pre-season. Then, before you know it, the first quarter of the season is finished, and coaches are already getting fired. I guess the old saying is true, “time flies when you’re having fun”.

I’m definitely having some fun this season. The Bills have started out 4-0 for the first time since I was in third grade, and I’m loving every second of it. It’s true that I’ve been a little hard on them recently, because I expected a more complete performance against the Rams, but the end result is all that matters. Now they need to improve on first half game play, and get ready for the high flying Cardinals. I never would’ve thought before the season that the Bills could be 5-0 going into the bye week, but here I sit in October, and it’s definitely a possibility.

Another thing I thought before the season was how bad I would struggle in my picks this year, and that I'd make myself look like a fool writing this article every week. However, I’ve done surprisingly well (in my standards,) which is a nice change of pace. I’ve been struggling horribly in my fantasy leagues, but I still have time to turn that around. It’s been a season or two since I’ve won a championship in fantasy, and I really want to win one this year. It seems like the more research I do before the draft, the worse I do in the season. Now without anymore rambling, here are my picks for week five.

TITANS @ Ravens
    - I came away very impressed with Baltimore after the loss on Monday night. I thought the combination of tough road game, Monday night stage, and Pittsburgh’s blitzing defense would rattle Joe Flacco, but he seemed to perform quite well for a rookie QB. I don’t think he will do as well this week, though, and the Titans will win this game in a close one.

Chiefs @ PANTHERS
    - The Chiefs did very well in their upset win against Denver, but I’m not completely won over just yet. I think they will struggle again on the road, and Carolina will handle them with some ease. The Chiefs have a solid running game, but I don’t think Damon Huard has enough in him to win the game through the air.

BEARS @ Lions
    - I’m a little hesitant to pick the Bears in this game, considering that they only seem to win on Sunday night, but then again, they are playing the Lions. I will be watching to see how the Detroit crowd acts during this game. They will surely be a different type of crowd, seeing that it’s the first game in the Post-Millen Era.

Falcons @ PACKERS
    - I wasn’t very impressed with Green Bay last week, but the Falcons aren’t the Bucs. They should be able to get to Matt Ryan quite a bit, and, assuming they can shut down Michael Turner, they should be able to get a win this week. If they don’t, you better believe more Favre/Rodgers talk will ensue.
    more....

Working...
X