PDA

View Full Version : Timothy "Buffalo" Young's Week 5 Picks

shelby
10-02-2008, 04:15 PM
Another Zone exclusive......enjoy!

There are two things one must know when speaking with a Bills fan. First, he or she will always downplay a win, saying that "injuries to the other team" were the cause, or "even though we won, we had to come back to win." Secondly, he or she will always be afraid of the next opponent. My, my, my, why logic doesn't show, I'll never know. The Bills are 4-0 heading in to the desert, in need of pulling out an apparent monster victory to even be considered a good team by most fans. "Well, we had to come back against the Jaguars, Raiders, and Rams, we must not be that good!" Right, because those games should've been over in the first half and third quarters, there shouldn't be 60 minutes of football, whenever the other team gets a lead, ship it in, tell Goodell to call the game. You give 100% for 60 minutes, you don't get a lead and die. "Ok, but those teams weren't up to par with us, since they had injuries." Right again, because we don't have our #1 LB on IR, our #1 CB out possibly until week 8, an OLineman that has probably only been practicing for 3 weeks between trips to FatBurger, our stud punt returner/slot receiver out 3 to 5 weeks, and the people filling in for their injured players have never seen a football before, let alone played. I have an idea, let's enjoy the wins and root our team on, shall we?

With the Patriots*, Colts, and Giants all on Bye weeks, the media focused it's attention to, who else? Brett Favre. Facing a terrible secondary in the Meadowlands, the New Jersey Jets romped over the hapless Cardinals, 56 to 35. Seven, yes, seven turnovers by Kurt Warner and Co. pretty much handed the game to the Jets on a silver platter. Heck, make it platinum. In case you hadn't heard, the New York quarterback threw 6 TD's. The rest of the AFC East did fairly well this past weekend, too. The Bills won over a rough and tumble Rams team on the road in St. Louis, Ronnie Brown had time to rest his shoulders after carrying the team on them, and Matt Cassel was able to hide from the media for a few days.

As for the rest of the league, who would've guessed that the Chiefs would beat the Broncos? Redskins over the Cowboys (I did)? Houston putting up a fight in Jacksonville? Cincinnati 0-4? It truly is a "Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World" my friends, and the NFL just keeps getting crazier. Had I told you that the Bills would be 4-0 heading in to week 5, the Patriots would be 2-1 in a loss to the Dolphins, Michael Turner would be the leading rusher, and Marc Bulger would be benched heading in to the season, I would've been locked up in a padded cell by now.
I digress, as I'm good at. On to the picks!

Buffalo Bills (4-0) @ Arizona Cardinals (2-2)
The Cardinals have a fire burning inside them right now. Anquan Boldin gets severely injured and carted off the field, Eric Mangini blows up the score on them, Kurt Warner feels he needs to re-prove himself, and Edge has an edge (ouch, poor writing) over Tim Hightower, the surprising fifth round rookie out of Richmond. The Bills are riding a 4th quarter high horse that seemingly can't be stopped. Trent Edwards and the Bills offense seemed to have the pieces in place early, but four dropped passes by rookie James Hardy slowed the tempo of the opening drive, and led to a disappointing three points. No Roscoe, no problem, as Fred Jackson's punt returns were almost as electric as the speedy wide outs always tend to be. No Terrence? Big problem. That big problem is Larry Fitzgerald. If you want to slow the Cardinals offense, you need to take him out of the game. Rookies Leodis McKelvin and Reggie Corner both step in to the higher ranks of the CB groups, with Corner paired with fellow rookie Early Doucet, and Leodis McKelvin covering either Steve Breaston or Jerhame Urban. If the Bills D can contain the scoring explosion that is the Cardinals, I see the Bills O running rampant.

Buffalo 33, Arizona 31

more.... (http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2008/10/02/timothy_buffalo_youngs_week_5_picks.php)

Mitchy moo
10-02-2008, 06:43 PM
Bills win this going away by 13.