PDA

View Full Version : Ralph Cheap?

gr8slayer
10-02-2008, 07:28 PM
Just to put the new Evans contract into perspective, here are the WR's who in my opinion are the best in the NFL and their contracts. If you don't agree with my top five WR's I honestly don't care, that's not the point of the thread.

1. T.O. - 4 years/ $34 million/ $13 million guaranteed.
2. Andre Johnson - 8 years/ $60 million/ $15 million guaranteed.
3. Randy Moss - 3 years/ $27 million/ $14.1 million guaranteed.
4. Reggie Wayne - 6 years/ $39.5 million/ $12.5 million guaranteed.
5. Steve Smith - 6 years/ $43.85 million/ $9.3 million signing bonus.

- Evans' contract: 4 years/ $37.25 million/ $18.25 million guaranteed.

The idea that Wilson is a cheap owner can be thrown out the window, it's something that has been a popular opinion amongst many of us for a long time but honestly, it's just not true. I am one of those people who has held this opinion in the past and have gladly been proven wrong.

Now that's not to say that I think Wilson is a "great" owner, but the notion that he's cheap is just stupid. That being said, let's get Jauron, Greer, and Peters locked up Ralph :up:

gr8slayer
10-02-2008, 07:30 PM
For those of you who feel he got overpaid let me tell you something; Jerry Jones was licking his chops over the idea of Evans being a FA at some point in the not so distant future. The FO did an excellent job.

TacklingDummy
10-02-2008, 07:55 PM
Randy Moss should have asked for more.

yordad
10-02-2008, 07:55 PM
:popcorn:

Jeff1220
10-02-2008, 08:32 PM
I think it is perfectly acceptable (and admirable) when someone can review a situation from time to time and come to the conclusion that "hey, maybe I was wrong about this." Not everything is political, or backtracking to save face. I've never really felt Ralph was cheap, but I pretty much agree with GR8's sentiment that I'm really not sure how good of an owner he is. If he finally gets his SB win, or solidifies the Bills' status as a Buffalo team, that argument will be put to rest, imo, as well.

gr8slayer
10-02-2008, 08:34 PM
I think it is perfectly acceptable (and admirable) when someone can review a situation from time to time and come to the conclusion that "hey, maybe I was wrong about this." Not everything is political, or backtracking to save face. I've never really felt Ralph was cheap, but I pretty much agree with GR8's sentiment that I'm really not sure how good of an owner he is. If he finally gets his SB win, that argument will be put to rest, imo, as well.
It's amazing the kind of useful responses that come out of people who actually read.

Ebenezer
10-03-2008, 06:45 AM
Just to put the new Evans contract into perspective, here are the WR's who in my opinion are the best in the NFL and their contracts. If you don't agree with my top five WR's I honestly don't care, that's not the point of the thread.

1. T.O. - 4 years/ $34 million/ $13 million guaranteed.
2. Andre Johnson - 8 years/ $60 million/ $15 million guaranteed.
3. Randy Moss - 3 years/ $27 million/ $14.1 million guaranteed.
4. Reggie Wayne - 6 years/ $39.5 million/ $12.5 million guaranteed.
5. Steve Smith - 6 years/ $43.85 million/ $9.3 million signing bonus.

- Evans' contract: 4 years/ $37.25 million/ $18.25 million guaranteed.

The idea that Wilson is a cheap owner can be thrown out the window, it's something that has been a popular opinion amongst many of us for a long time but honestly, it's just not true. I am one of those people who has held this opinion in the past and have gladly been proven wrong.

Now that's not to say that I think Wilson is a "great" owner, but the notion that he's cheap is just stupid. That being said, let's get Jauron, Greer, and Peters locked up Ralph :up:
I've never accused RW of being cheap...his problem has always been that he is a compulsive meddler...sometimes for the good; sometimes for the bad - there are times he is his own worst enemy.

The King
10-03-2008, 07:15 AM

:bf1: It's time to lock up Jauron absolutely.

SABURZFAN
10-03-2008, 07:37 AM
it pains the Old Fart that he has to delve out that kind of money to keep up with the times. he's still wearing suits from the 50's.

Griff
10-03-2008, 08:50 AM
I thought the Dockery and Walker contracts were all the proof that was needed, this is the nail in the coffin.

CUHATIN
10-03-2008, 12:32 PM
:bf1: It's time to lock up Jauron absolutely.

I agree lock him up!!!

Oaf
10-03-2008, 01:51 PM
Wish we could have just reupped him before the outrageous contracts of late.

gr8slayer
10-08-2008, 06:45 PM
Wish we could have just reupped him before the outrageous contracts of late.
True, but then we might have run into a situation similar to that of Peters when/if Evans explodes and has a huge year at some point.