X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bruce is Loose
    • Jul 2002

What if....

Granted its a LOONG way off, but suppose the Bills get to the superbowl (regardless of if its even this year). What do you do?

Do you shell out the cash and go to the game - hell its once in a lifetime...
    If you go, who would go with you?

Not living in Buffalo, there are a shortage of Bills fans I could/would go with. Possibly my dad, but thats a ton of money to travel across the country and watch a game with a bunch of rich yuppies and businessmen (and with crappy seats no doubt). I have always said that I would pony up to go to any superbowl the Bills make (I didnt go to the others since I was too young), but I would not.

If I could get a few people together I could see driving to Buffalo to watch in a bar, but thats far fetched as its a 9 hour drive from me.

More likely, Id stay in my own home, invite my Dad and brother in law since they might come and are big Bills fans. Unless it was against the Giants Id have my Giants friend watch it since we watch most games together (and I watched the Giants beat the Pats with him) - Id probably have to invite his girlfriend but that would mean a steady supply of snacks which is nice. My wife is a Pats fan but she knows better to show it during a Bills game so she would be there, and she would have to wear a Bills jersey (now that hes extended I am gonna buy her an Evans one). Thats it - that and a case of my favorite beer at the time. No talking during the game - pure concentration.

If we won it would be jubilation, partying, and who the hell knows - maybe a heart attack or two. If we lost... well, I should probably have some hard booze on hand as well?

What would you do?
  • Griff
    • Jul 2008

Re: What if....

Yes and my dad, he cultivated my fandom when I was a kid.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

it's too much of a gamble. If the Bills win, it'll be worth every penny and you'll remember it for the rest of your life. If the Bills lose, you'll feel like a jackass for spending thousands on something that just made you miserable.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
        Zero for Zero!
        • Mar 2003

I am going.
        Originally posted by mysticsoto
        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• The King
          Without me it's just Awe so
          • Jun 2004

I would go to the AFC Championship game knowing full well I can afford a superbowl.
          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
          It was all
          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
          He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
          mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
            Zero for Zero!
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
            it's too much of a gamble. If the Bills win, it'll be worth every penny and you'll remember it for the rest of your life. If the Bills lose, you'll feel like a jackass for spending thousands on something that just made you miserable.
            Same could be said for marriage.

You live once. Take some risks in life and don't dwell on the negative.

Comment

• RockStar36
              Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
              • Sep 2004

I wouldn't be able to attend it but if they were to make it, I think I would make the drive up to Buffalo and watch it with everyone there.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Crisis
                • Aug 2004

i'd do everything i could to get to buffalo for atleast that week- it would be crazy.
                Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                Vanek is Austrian not European
                Originally posted by Prov401
                Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                Originally posted by better days
                I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Griff
                  • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter

exactly.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter

Disagree completely. In marriage, you have control over who you marry and you have at least some control over how that relationship goes.

If the Bills make it to the SB, you have no control over who the other team is and no control over how the Bills do on the field. You can't compare something where the individual has control to something where the individual has no control.

If the Bills lose the Super Bowl, I'll already be depressed. I don't need to be depressed AND several grand in the hole.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Griff
                      • Jul 2008

Disagree completely. In marriage, you have control over who you marry and you have at least some control over how that relationship goes.

If the Bills make it to the SB, you have no control over who the other team is and no control over how the Bills do on the field. You can't compare something where the individual has control to something where the individual has no control.

If the Bills lose the Super Bowl, I'll already be depressed. I don't need to be depressed AND several grand in the hole.
                      so when it comes down to it you have no confidence in our team, awesome.

Comment

• Crisis
                        • Aug 2004

THIS POST IS A GIANT PUSSY
                        Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                        Vanek is Austrian not European
                        Originally posted by Prov401
                        Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                        Originally posted by better days
                        I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                          Zero for Zero!
                          • Mar 2003

If you had the chance to go when they win and did not go, your excitement will be compromised by the feelings of idiocy.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                            Zero for Zero!
                            • Mar 2003

Marriages fail at a 50% clip. If your marriage fails, you have wasted several thousand (actually much more) dollars.

And while you don't have control over a football game, that just means you can't screw it up like one could a marriage.

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Griff
                              so when it comes down to it you have no confidence in our team, awesome.
                              why would you have confidence in our team? They've had 4 good games. They've lost every big game going back to 1997. 4 Bills teams that were much better than this one lost Super Bowls.

Confidence has to be earned- it isn't bestowed based on the logo on the side of the helmet.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X