PDA

View Full Version : What if....

Bruce is Loose
10-03-2008, 08:44 AM
Granted its a LOONG way off, but suppose the Bills get to the superbowl (regardless of if its even this year). What do you do?

Do you shell out the cash and go to the game - hell its once in a lifetime...
If you go, who would go with you?

Not living in Buffalo, there are a shortage of Bills fans I could/would go with. Possibly my dad, but thats a ton of money to travel across the country and watch a game with a bunch of rich yuppies and businessmen (and with crappy seats no doubt). I have always said that I would pony up to go to any superbowl the Bills make (I didnt go to the others since I was too young), but I would not.

If I could get a few people together I could see driving to Buffalo to watch in a bar, but thats far fetched as its a 9 hour drive from me.

More likely, Id stay in my own home, invite my Dad and brother in law since they might come and are big Bills fans. Unless it was against the Giants Id have my Giants friend watch it since we watch most games together (and I watched the Giants beat the Pats with him) - Id probably have to invite his girlfriend but that would mean a steady supply of snacks which is nice. My wife is a Pats fan but she knows better to show it during a Bills game so she would be there, and she would have to wear a Bills jersey (now that hes extended I am gonna buy her an Evans one). Thats it - that and a case of my favorite beer at the time. No talking during the game - pure concentration.

If we won it would be jubilation, partying, and who the hell knows - maybe a heart attack or two. If we lost... well, I should probably have some hard booze on hand as well?

What would you do?

Griff
10-03-2008, 08:49 AM
Yes and my dad, he cultivated my fandom when I was a kid.

OpIv37
10-03-2008, 09:07 AM
it's too much of a gamble. If the Bills win, it'll be worth every penny and you'll remember it for the rest of your life. If the Bills lose, you'll feel like a jackass for spending thousands on something that just made you miserable.

Dr. Lecter
10-03-2008, 09:11 AM
I am going.

The King
10-03-2008, 09:12 AM
I would go to the AFC Championship game knowing full well I can afford a superbowl.

Dr. Lecter
10-03-2008, 09:12 AM
it's too much of a gamble. If the Bills win, it'll be worth every penny and you'll remember it for the rest of your life. If the Bills lose, you'll feel like a jackass for spending thousands on something that just made you miserable.

Same could be said for marriage.

You live once. Take some risks in life and don't dwell on the negative.

RockStar36
10-03-2008, 09:20 AM
I wouldn't be able to attend it but if they were to make it, I think I would make the drive up to Buffalo and watch it with everyone there.

Crisis
10-03-2008, 09:22 AM
i'd do everything i could to get to buffalo for atleast that week- it would be crazy.

Griff
10-03-2008, 09:24 AM

exactly.

OpIv37
10-03-2008, 09:28 AM

Disagree completely. In marriage, you have control over who you marry and you have at least some control over how that relationship goes.

If the Bills make it to the SB, you have no control over who the other team is and no control over how the Bills do on the field. You can't compare something where the individual has control to something where the individual has no control.

If the Bills lose the Super Bowl, I'll already be depressed. I don't need to be depressed AND several grand in the hole.

Griff
10-03-2008, 09:32 AM
Disagree completely. In marriage, you have control over who you marry and you have at least some control over how that relationship goes.

If the Bills make it to the SB, you have no control over who the other team is and no control over how the Bills do on the field. You can't compare something where the individual has control to something where the individual has no control.

If the Bills lose the Super Bowl, I'll already be depressed. I don't need to be depressed AND several grand in the hole.

so when it comes down to it you have no confidence in our team, awesome.

Crisis
10-03-2008, 09:33 AM

THIS POST IS A GIANT PUSSY

Dr. Lecter
10-03-2008, 09:33 AM
If you had the chance to go when they win and did not go, your excitement will be compromised by the feelings of idiocy.

Dr. Lecter
10-03-2008, 09:34 AM

Marriages fail at a 50% clip. If your marriage fails, you have wasted several thousand (actually much more) dollars.

And while you don't have control over a football game, that just means you can't screw it up like one could a marriage.

OpIv37
10-03-2008, 09:38 AM
so when it comes down to it you have no confidence in our team, awesome.

why would you have confidence in our team? They've had 4 good games. They've lost every big game going back to 1997. 4 Bills teams that were much better than this one lost Super Bowls.

Confidence has to be earned- it isn't bestowed based on the logo on the side of the helmet.

OpIv37
10-03-2008, 09:40 AM
Marriages fail at a 50% clip. If your marriage fails, you have wasted several thousand (actually much more) dollars.

And while you don't have control over a football game, that just means you can't screw it up like one could a marriage.

Marriages fail because of people's own stupidity.

mybills
10-03-2008, 09:42 AM
I would try like hell to go. :up:

Where is it again? :snicker:

Jeff1220
10-03-2008, 09:50 AM
All I know is that no matter where I am, a Bills SB victory would be special.

Jan Reimers
10-03-2008, 09:56 AM
why would you have confidence in our team? They've had 4 good games. They've lost every big game going back to 1997. 4 Bills teams that were much better than this one lost Super Bowls.

Confidence has to be earned- it isn't bestowed based on the logo on the side of the helmet.
Op, what does this team have to do with teams from 1997, or even two or three years ago, or the SB teams from the early 90s? This is a new and different team with new players and coaches. It is totally irrational to expect this team to perform in the same manner as previous teams when all they have in common is the Bills' name and logo.

Mitchy moo
10-03-2008, 09:59 AM
2 hour drive for me this year, no troubles.

OpIv37
10-03-2008, 10:11 AM
Op, what does this team have to do with teams from 1997, or even two or three years ago, or the SB teams from the early 90s? This is a new and different team with new players and coaches. It is totally irrational to expect this team to perform in the same manner as previous teams when all they have in common is the Bills' name and logo.

You want to talk about THIS team specifically?

This team blew 3 big games last year alone. They have yet to prove they can win a big game.

This team is 4-0, but the only real test on our schedule so far has been Jacksonville, who was banged up. So, they haven't even proven they can beat a quality opponent.

trapezeus
10-03-2008, 10:15 AM
i'd just go back to buffalo and watch with my family and friends. to be on the streets of buffalo when and if they win will be the most memorable.

the superbowl is a mega corporate event. the first half of the game is like an afterthought. and plus even if they won, half the fans would be the bitter opposition fans. i want to be surrounded by 100% happiness in the event they were to win a superbowl!!

justasportsfan
10-03-2008, 10:16 AM

This team blew 3 big games last year alone. They have yet to prove they can win a big game.

wrong last years team is not the same as this years team. Stroud and Mitchell weren't part of last years team. Even Poz was not on the field . Even the players that were there last year are different with more experience.

OpIv37
10-03-2008, 10:17 AM
wrong last years team is not the same as this years team.

It's entirely the same on O and very similar on D.

Dr. Lecter
10-03-2008, 10:47 AM
It's entirely the same on O and very similar on D.

Are you freakin' serious?

Entirely the same on offense????

What? So now Fairchild = Schonert? Rookie TE = Second year TE?

Dr. Lecter
10-03-2008, 10:48 AM
BTW, IF they make to the SB one can assume they would have beaten a quality opponent to do so.

Bruce is Loose
10-03-2008, 11:07 AM
i'd just go back to buffalo and watch with my family and friends. to be on the streets of buffalo when and if they win will be the most memorable.

the superbowl is a mega corporate event. the first half of the game is like an afterthought. and plus even if they won, half the fans would be the bitter opposition fans. i want to be surrounded by 100% happiness in the event they were to win a superbowl!!

EXACTLY!

FlyingDutchman
10-03-2008, 01:31 PM

we're off to our best start in 16 years and all you can continue to do is piss and moan. youre hopeless dude. I understand we havent been winning in dominating fashion, but who is?

OpIv37
10-03-2008, 01:37 PM
Are you freakin' serious?

Entirely the same on offense????

What? So now Fairchild = Schonert? Rookie TE = Second year TE?

All the guys who are participating in the offense are the same except for Schonert.

This group of players has yet to prove they can win a big game. Granted, they look a lot better than they did last year and that SUGGESTS they can win a big game, but it doesn't PROVE anything until they actually do it.

OpIv37
10-03-2008, 01:39 PM
we're off to our best start in 16 years and all you can continue to do is piss and moan. youre hopeless dude. I understand we havent been winning in dominating fashion, but who is?

I'm not pissing and moaning.

I'm just stating facts.

This team hasn't done anything to inspire confidence yet. 4 wins is great. It's been an excellent season so far. But have you seen anything from this team that would make you so convinced they would win the SB that you'd shell out thousands of dollars? That's all I'm saying. If you consider that pissing and moaning, so be it.

Oaf
10-03-2008, 01:46 PM
I would go by myself if I had to.

Dr. Lecter
10-03-2008, 01:58 PM
All the guys who are participating in the offense are the same except for Schonert.

This group of players has yet to prove they can win a big game. Granted, they look a lot better than they did last year and that SUGGESTS they can win a big game, but it doesn't PROVE anything until they actually do it.

I don't disagree.

But they are not entirely the same on offense.

raphael120
10-03-2008, 02:01 PM
Lesse....go...and perhaps have the best time of my life...OR

Go and they lose and have a crappy time but definitely wouldn't be the worst time of my life.

Griff
10-03-2008, 02:31 PM

This team is 4-0, but the only real test on our schedule so far has been Jacksonville, who was banged up. So, they haven't even proven they can beat a quality opponent.

you do realize that we had our own problems too, its the NFL every team is always banged up. They don't take away wins against bad opponents.

OpIv37
10-03-2008, 02:33 PM
you do realize that we had our own problems too, its the NFL every team is always banged up. They don't take away wins against bad opponents.

What's your point?

We beat the teams we've already played- that's all well and good. But it doesn't prove we can beat the better teams that are still on our schedule.