PDA

View Full Version : Warren: The dream has come true

Gunzlingr
04-30-2003, 09:16 AM
(Patriots first-round pick Ty Warren spent a couple of minutes at the draft sharing some insights with NFL.com about the feeling he got when the Patriots traded up to pick him 13th overall.)

NEW YORK (April 28, 2003) -- Were you surprised that the Patriots moved up in the first round to get you?

Yeah, I kind of was. I really didn't have any idea of what was going on until I got the call. It was a surprise.

What do you think of the change in climates from Texas all the way up to New England?

I don't think it will be a problem at all. I'm just going up there and my first priority is learning what I need to learn to be productive and go from there. Everything else will become routine, like working in the cold weather or whatever the case might be.

It looks like the Patriots are going to be running a 3-4 defense, what are your thoughts on playing in this system?

That's the same defense we ran at Texas A&M, so I am very familiar with it from my later years at school. I feel real comfortable running the defense and playing all the positions along the defensive line. So I am familiar with each position, too

MORE (http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/6341953)