PDA

View Full Version : McGee Doubtful; Schobel, Stroud game time decisions

Dr. Lecter
10-03-2008, 12:36 PM
The Bills are unlikely to have starting left cornerback Terrence McGee in a week where they’re facing the league’s fourth-ranked passing offense.

“Terrence did not practice again today and we’re going to list him as doubtful,” said head coach Dick Jauron Friday.

McGee has been working hard trying to rehab from a sprained knee suffered last Sunday during the first defensive series at St. Louis.

Expected to start in his place is third-year corner Ashton Youboty.

“We’ll see who starts at game time, but both Leodis (McKelvin) and obviously Ashton would be the first guy,” said Jauron. “He’s our nickel and he’s played the most football for us at this point.”

The only thing that could compromise that would be if the Cardinals lined up in a three-wide formation to start the game. In those situations it’s believed that Youboty would move inside to cover the slot, with the rookie McKelvin coming on the field to handle the left cornerback position where he has lined up since the spring OTAs.

http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=6716

cocamide
10-03-2008, 12:43 PM
We really need Stroud and Schobel. It doesn't sound too major since they've been practicing a bit in the last few days.

yordad
10-03-2008, 12:51 PM
What the heck is wrong with Schobel and Stroud? I remember Stroud left the game holding his arm, but he returned. :idunno:

yordad
10-03-2008, 12:55 PM
What the heck is wrong with Schobel and Stroud? I remember Stroud left the game holding his arm, but he returned. :idunno:OK, I just read the link, and it says this same thing. I'm pretty sure both will play.

raphael120
10-03-2008, 02:04 PM
Jauron is playing it uber-conservatively. Which is his MO. He said he would be surprised if they didn't play, but if there ever was a game we needed them, it's this one. They play this game and they get two weeks to recover.

Scumbag College
10-03-2008, 02:17 PM
If McGee is out, we need Schobel and Stroud in there to get pressure on Warner. He is not a good QB at all with any type of pressure on him.

Mitchy moo
10-03-2008, 02:21 PM
There is also a chance that we shoot way ahead & they rest the second half.

BAM
10-03-2008, 02:25 PM
Any further updates on Boldin's status?

Slim
10-03-2008, 02:52 PM

And A.Wilson and Berry?

madness
10-03-2008, 03:04 PM

From Rotoworld Oct. 3 3:41pm...

Anquan Boldin underwent surgery to repair his sinus fracture and will miss this week's game. The Cardinals are hopeful he can play next Sunday.

A hockey player reportedly returned from the same surgery in 10 days, so it sounds like Boldin has a good chance to play against Dallas in Week 6. Boldin's history of bad breaks on injuries continue, but he's still slated for a huge season. Steve Breaston will start against Buffalo and makes for a fine WR3 play.

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?id=2078&sport=NFL

madness
10-03-2008, 03:06 PM
And A.Wilson and Berry?

Nothing yet, but I assume will hear something soon now that we know the status of Boldin.

From yesterday...

Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt says S Adrian Wilson (hamstring) must practice on Friday to be available in Week 5.

Wilson missed Wednesday and Thursday's work and has only been working off to the side with a trainer. Aaron Francisco is his backup at strong safety.

patmoran2006
10-03-2008, 03:12 PM
Yeah, we need Stroud and Schobel.

Schobel could have a huge impact, against Gandy..

NOt good news.. thank god the bye is next week, coming at the right time, injury wise.

casdhf
10-03-2008, 05:10 PM
Sit them both. Two months ago, if you would have told me we'd be 4-1 going into the BYE, I would have **** bricks.

Non-division, non-conference game on the west coast the week before our bye? There's no way we're winning this game!

LifetimeBillsFan
10-04-2008, 05:24 AM
What the heck is wrong with Schobel and Stroud? I remember Stroud left the game holding his arm, but he returned. :idunno:

Jauron said in one of his interviews this week that Schobel hurt his foot early in the game. BB.com is reporting that Stroud's injury is his shoulder.

According to the Injury Updates (written and video) on BB.com, Stroud and Schobel were limited in practice on Friday and are listed as questionable. However, Jauron indicated that he thinks that both will be able to play on Sunday.

And A.Wilson and Berry?

According to the East Valley Tribune, Wilson and Berry did not practice on Friday, but Whisenhunt is not completely ruling them out, although he admits that it would be difficult for them to play Sunday after not practicing on Friday.

The same article reports that NT Gabe Watson, who has missed the first four games with an injury (knee, I think) will play.

The Cards will miss Boldin, especially in their 3 and 4 WR sets, but S.Breaston has been playing very well and can't be overlooked stepping up to the # 2 WR spot. Depending on how healthy he is, Watson could be a force in the middle and make it tougher to run on Arizona than they have been so far this season. However, if Wilson and Berry do not play, that could be a big plus for the Bills--as big or bigger than Boldin not playing. Wilson has been a real playmaker in their secondary and Berry is an excellent pass-rusher--the kinds of players that are usually very hard to replace.