The 2008 Tim Anderson Award goes to.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

The 2008 Tim Anderson Award goes to.....

Everyone on this board has different opinions. Usually, when a player is mentioned, some on this board come to his defense and some attack his play. Occasionally, though, a player is SO BAD that Bills fans on this board (and everywhere else) come to unanimous agreement. The first player to play so poorly that it unified this entire board was Tim Anderson. So, I hereby announce the creation of the Tim Anderson award, to be given annually (perhaps more often if necessary) to the Bills player who receives the most universal criticism.

And the 2008 Tim Anderson Award recipient is..... none other than Melvin Fowler.

Congrats, Melvin! Now get your fat ass to the bench and let Preston, Whittle, or an old rusty refrigerator a chance. They can't possibly be any worse.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • TEtoLeeTD
    • Apr 2008

Re: The 2008 Tim Anderson Award goes to.....

us fans have a mysterious hatred toward melvin.

every "expert" and bills writer says he is a good player and he doesnt deserve the bashing he gets.

i guess we are missing something??
    toast the post

Comment

• raphael120
      Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
      • Oct 2005

Our whole Oline is looking like a bunch of fat slobs lately. You'd think with so much weight to throw around they'd be better at run blocking. Someone needs to get the memo to the o-line that JUST eating without lifting weights is not how it goes. Lift some weights and get some muscle underneath that blubber.

Comment

• raphael120
        Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by TEtoLeeTD

every "expert" and bills writer says he is a good player and he doesnt deserve the bashing he gets.

Point to me one single article that says Melvin Fowler isn't a waste of space.

Comment

• Lexwhat
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
          Everyone on this board has different opinions. Usually, when a player is mentioned, some on this board come to his defense and some attack his play. Occasionally, though, a player is SO BAD that Bills fans on this board (and everywhere else) come to unanimous agreement. The first player to play so poorly that it unified this entire board was Tim Anderson. So, I hereby announce the creation of the Tim Anderson award, to be given annually (perhaps more often if necessary) to the Bills player who receives the most universal criticism.

And the 2008 Tim Anderson Award recipient is..... none other than Melvin Fowler.

Congrats, Melvin! Now get your fat ass to the bench and let Preston, Whittle, or an old rusty refrigerator a chance. They can't possibly be any worse.

This is brilliant !!!

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Everyone who posts on this board, regardless of their level of football knowledge, can see how bad Fowler is.

Look at Mahdi's article about the Rams game. If the guy is getting pushed so far into the backfield that his ass is hitting the RB, there's no possible way he's doing his job.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Lexwhat
              • Feb 2005

I have made it a point to watch him closely (no homo) this season.

I haven't missed anything. He SUCKS.

Comment

• Mahdi
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by raphael120
                Our whole Oline is looking like a bunch of fat slobs lately. You'd think with so much weight to throw around they'd be better at run blocking. Someone needs to get the memo to the o-line that JUST eating without lifting weights is not how it goes. Lift some weights and get some muscle underneath that blubber.
                I used to think the same thing,,, That our whole line was playing badly... But I re-wound the game several times on each play to see who was making their blocks and it seems that on most plays the other four on the line are doing their jobs. Dockery had excellent blocks against the Rams. Im still amazed that one player is messing up the run game. But if you think about it... If a C misses his block or gets pushed back... no matter which direction the run goes its going to affect the play. Like I said... Fowler actually gets pushed in to our Rbs several times. And even though our Rbs dont go down it destroys the timing of the rest of the blocks. Dockery is in position to make a block 3 yards down field but since the run is delayed the LB makes the play 1 yard downfield and Dockery is out of position. 1 player CAN destroy a play.

Comment

• trapezeus
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Oct 2004

i think Felvin Mowler is going to run away with this. if he doesn't someone is going to have let us down big time.

Comment

• Thurmal
                    • Oct 2005

Fowler is the obvious choice, but a good runner-up...Robert Royal.

He isn't terrible, but is there a Bills fan on Earth that feels anything more than indifference towards this guy. I personally get nervous just seeing him trying to catch and then run with the ball.
                    "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• shelby
                      The Vanilla admin
                      • Jul 2002

Royal is streaky. He was great against Seattle, if i recall correctly.

Op, :brilliant:....i agree Fowler deserves this honor!~

Comment

• cocamide
                        • Oct 2006

McCargo?

Comment

• hydro
                          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by cocamide
                          McCargo?
                          Little early you think? Fowler has been terrible for 2 full seasons.
                          BERNIAC!

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

McCargo and Royal are good runners-up, but Royal can be considered mediocre and McCargo shows flashes of competence. I think McCargo would easily win "most disappointing" based on how he was obtained.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                              Peterman Sucks!
                              • Mar 2006

Fowler won this award last year too...so it's no surprise he's the front runner this year too.

Comment

Working...
                              X