PDA

View Full Version : Warren Sapp blasts Al Davis

Lexwhat
10-03-2008, 02:07 PM
"Al Davis knows football, it's just '60s and '70s football," Sapp said on Showtime's "Inside the NFL. "That's what it is. He's thinking that Cliff Branch is outside and (Jim) Plunkett is dropping back and you can throw it 80 yards down the field — deep ball, deep ball, deep ball."

"I remember the first two weeks I was there, we played a preseason game," Sapp said. Somebody came up one time and said, 'We're going deep right here, dog.' I said, 'How do you know?' He said, 'The phone just rang.'

"All the preparation that goes into a week of work is there, the practicing that you have to put in order to do these things, sometimes (Davis) messed with that part of it and that's what kills you."

The Raiders have lost 11 or more games for five straight seasons and are off to a 1-3 start this fall. Sapp said the Raiders' problems won't go away until Davis does.

The former defender's advice for players and other personnel in the meantime? "Any person that calls me on the telephone, (I say) do not go anywhere near Oakland."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8636486?MSNHPHCP&GT1=39002

Night Train
10-03-2008, 02:41 PM
Gee..and Al looks/acts like such a normal guy..

SABURZFAN
10-03-2008, 04:39 PM
Shanahan's jab was funny too.

BilldFaninVA
10-05-2008, 12:00 PM
I though leperousy was eradicated? well on a more serious note, Davis was embarassing nay way you look at it.

Mike13
10-05-2008, 04:54 PM
The only reason Al Davis is still ticking because he is the Grim Reaper, and he's doing a nice job of killing the Raiders