PDA

View Full Version : Attn: T.D please extend Winfields contract thanks: )

BillsFanInMass
04-30-2003, 09:17 AM
Yo Tom quit slacking off you need to sign this kid now before he gets 10 ints this year with this revamped pass rush and then he will want big $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

HenryRules
04-30-2003, 09:22 AM
The market is too rich for CBs right now, I think after the season, regardless of how well Winfield performs, we'll be able to sign him for a much more reasonable price. Even if he becomes a free agent, we'll still have more cap room than most other teams and a competitive team to entice him to stay. After the Takeo Spikes signing, I'm not worried about TD losing Winfield on the open market.

Stewie
04-30-2003, 10:08 AM
I am.. look at what Dre Bly got from Detroit... Winfield is worth much more than that IMO..

HenryRules
04-30-2003, 10:11 AM
That's why I say don't sign him now. The Bly signing messed up the market for the rest of this offseason as far as extending Winfield's contract - he's not going to sign for any less than what Bly got. Wait 'til next offseason and the market is bound to be different - there's no way its going to be more expensive.

Devin
04-30-2003, 10:11 AM
right on, he needs to get on the ball with this.

Winfield is a solid back.

HenryRules
04-30-2003, 10:16 AM
Do you guys think that TD is going to pay Winfield significantly more than Dre Bly?

If not, why do you think Winfield is going to want to sign an extension?

If so, can you please pass some of that good **** to me?

Stewie
04-30-2003, 10:25 AM
Winfield wil get much more than Dre Bly, and thats what I'm scared of. I don't think the market will go down any, only up. Who are the other FA corners available next year? If Winfield tops the list, you can pretty much kiss him goodbye I think...

HenryRules
04-30-2003, 10:27 AM
Then why do you think he is going to be willing to sign an extension?

TD is good, but he's not Michael Corleone.

TedMock
04-30-2003, 11:15 AM
I love Winfield but my concern isn't TD it's Winfield himself. I hope to god he wants to stay here. It just seemed from some of his interviews this offseason that he wanted to shop around after this year. He didn't specifically say that but he was kind of like "I don't know if I'll be here..." and "you always have to think about what's best for you..." That just scares me a little.

The Spaz
04-30-2003, 11:19 AM
Yeah Tom has no clue what he is doing....lol. Go Bills!

Romes
04-30-2003, 11:21 AM
I feel the same way Ted.

Alluro
04-30-2003, 12:47 PM
I think both Charles Woodson and Champ Bailey are free agents next year too. If TD doesn't resign winfield, the Bills can turn their attention to a more attractive alternative.

BillsFanInMass
04-30-2003, 01:20 PM
oh i hope we dont go after Charles Woodson he is so overrated. i have 2 raider fan friends and they will be the first to tell you they are sick of him getting burned by the other teams best reciever. He makes it too the pro bowl on reputation cause he won the heisman . Both of our corners had better stats almost every season so far and dont go to Hawaii thats B S if you ask me.

Devin
04-30-2003, 03:16 PM
Not to mention Woodson keeps getting hurt.

I sure hope we can resign Winfield, hes gotten better every year. He and Clements make a very good team.

Michael82
05-01-2003, 09:16 AM
Guys, IMO....this issue is dead! TD had his chance to draft Winfield's replacement and did NOT choose to do so. I think that he is working on a contract with Winfield and could have something done by training camp. He didn't draft any top CBs and the only CB that he drafted is NOT starter worthy. IF he was planning on letting him walk...he would have drafted his replacement this year. IE: Josh Reed to replace Peerless Price.

BillsFanInMass
05-01-2003, 09:53 AM
your absolutely right mike im not worried now.

The Natrix
05-01-2003, 10:15 AM
BillsFanInMass, are you being sarcastic? (In regards to your last post)

I disagree with Mike. Just because they didn't draft a CB high, it doesn't mean Winfield is here to stay. It is his choice, plain and simple. I don't stress out about signing our own FAs the way some of you guys do. If they don't want to sign, then they don't want to be here. Don't let the door hit 'em on the way out!