PDA

View Full Version : RB's of the future

Billsforevers
10-03-2008, 02:09 PM
Thurman Thomas and Kenneth Davis were an amazing two back compliment if one was out we barley missed a step.

Could Marshawn Lynch and Fred Jackson be the next coming or are they
The poor mans version?

I would like to say yes they are going to play together for years and keep kicking ass while they do it. But Squirman Thuman and Kenny D were so great for years I need more to sway me.

What about you?

also Jackson is in the final year of his Undrafted rookie Free agent contract I think.

ParanoidAndroid
10-03-2008, 04:43 PM
I don't think I can say they will never be as good as them, but I highly doubt it. Thurman was the all-purpose yardage king. Lynch might be a decent receiver, but I don't think he's as good as Thurman was. I like Lynch's running ability...it really is unique. No one else moves like that and he gets extra yards after first contact like few backs can. Freddie is more like Thurman than Lynch is. I'd actually like to see Freddie get more touches.

SABURZFAN
10-03-2008, 04:48 PM
they could possibly reach that status if we can keep the OL out of the buffets.

Bunnerjk
10-03-2008, 04:54 PM
Anything is possible, but thats a lot to live up to.

Bruce is Loose
10-03-2008, 05:37 PM
Marshawn takes too many hits to make it as long as Thurman - its very rare with RBs...

Griff
10-03-2008, 06:09 PM
Marshawn takes too many hits to make it as long as Thurman - its very rare with RBs...

at least he won't sign with the fins

Confused
10-03-2008, 07:38 PM
I think Jackson's is too much like Lynch. Defenses dont have to face a true "change of pace" with our Lynch/Jackson combo as they would if they were playing say the Saints with Duece/Bush or the Titans with White/Johnson or the Raiders with Mcfadden/Bush.
I guess my point here is that while I like Freddie a ton, I would much rather see the Bills aquire a true "one-cut burner" type either thru the draft or FA this offseason.
If Angelo Crowell didnt need a replacement, as well as Aaron Schoeble, I would advocate the drafting of either Joe Mcknight(fast as heck, AWESOME receiver, great RAC.) or even Percy Harvin for that purpose.
In short I want someone faster, and more elusive than Jackson.

CUHATIN
10-03-2008, 10:09 PM
Lynch is my favorite player and i say yeah because Lynch got alot of skills and i think our team made alot of big steps but Thurman Thomas is a legend and it wont be a easy task!!!

Billsforevers
10-14-2008, 12:28 PM
I would say after reading this that everyone Gives Thurman a ton of respect and well deserved. I hope Marshawn gives us a chance to speak his name in the same breath as THUMANATOR!