PDA

View Full Version : Gerbe, Kennedy to Portland

Philagape
10-03-2008, 02:13 PM
BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) - The Buffalo Sabres assigned six players to Portland of the AHL on Friday, including highly touted prospects Nathan Gerbe and Tim Kennedy.
The team also placed forwards Mathieu Darche and Mark Mancari on waivers for the purpose of assignment to Portland.
In addition to Gerbe and Kennedy, forwards Dylan Hunter and Marek Zagrapan, and defensemen Chris Butler and Michael Funk were sent to Portland.

Ebenezer
10-03-2008, 02:16 PM
no surprises....would be good to see Zagrapan up here this year.

Dr. Lecter
10-03-2008, 03:13 PM
Hopefully Zagrapan is a late bloomer like Pominville.

They have 25 players on roster and need to get down to 23. Goose will be one when he goes on IR. So there is basically one move left to be made and that will be on defense since they have 8 d-men on the roster.

DraftBoy
10-03-2008, 04:47 PM
Is it wrong to be more excited about Portland's team this year?

chernobylwraiths
10-03-2008, 10:58 PM
It's a bit wrong, but there is nothing wrong with being excited about the Portland team, just not more excited than you should be about the Sabres. Rivet was a nice addition, but I would like to see them add a bit more toughness up front.

LivingTheLife
10-04-2008, 08:29 AM
I can understand being more excited to watch Portland. The Sabres just haven't added anything to make you think that this year will be any different then last year.

chernobylwraiths
10-04-2008, 05:25 PM
I can understand being more excited to watch Portland. The Sabres just haven't added anything to make you think that this year will be any different then last year.

We got Rivet a big tough defenseman. Plus we lost Kalinin and that is addition by subtraction.

SABURZFAN
10-05-2008, 07:14 AM
Is it wrong to be more excited about Portland's team this year?

not if you live in Portland.