PDA

View Full Version : don't be the Browns...

Preacher
10-03-2008, 07:58 PM
I LOVE what the Bills are doing this year. I think it is great and hope it solidifies the franchise.

But there is one thing that worries about right now. The teams that you all play aren't giving you top of the line performances.

That is great for now. It let's this team get their feet wet. But keep in mind the Browns of last year. They had a decent season, then couldn't pull it into this season with tougher schedule.

There are some tremendous differences-- You don't have D.A. as a QB and you have a coach that has an idea about football without videotapes!

But as I was looking through the Bills schedule, I was just struck by the similarity to the Browns schedule last year.

Hopefully this is the beginning of some very good things... and I am WAY off base.

shelby
10-04-2008, 07:04 AM
Thanks Preacher!

mayotm
10-04-2008, 07:12 AM
The biggest difference between the Bills of this year and the Browns of last year is defense. The Bills defense is much, much better than the Browns.

LivingTheLife
10-04-2008, 08:27 AM
You know what the Bills need to be successful? They need the league throwing games for them, just like they fixed the SB for the Steelers a few years back. That would assure we won a SB!!!

j/k

Preacher
10-12-2008, 01:58 AM
You know what the Bills need to be successful? They need the league throwing games for them, just like they fixed the SB for the Steelers a few years back. That would assure we won a SB!!!

j/k

LOL....

I have a pic for ya!

http://www.steelertribute.com/XL_ben_is_in.jpg

I LOVE THIS PIC!!!!!!

:D:

Mitchell55
10-12-2008, 02:15 AM
LOL....

I have a pic for ya!

http://www.steelertribute.com/XL_ben_is_in.jpg

I LOVE THIS PIC!!!!!!

:D:

Wheres the ball. You guys got seriously lucky that the ref counted that a TD.

Lexwhat
10-12-2008, 02:22 AM
I LOVE what the Bills are doing this year. I think it is great and hope it solidifies the franchise.

But there is one thing that worries about right now. The teams that you all play aren't giving you top of the line performances.

That is great for now. It let's this team get their feet wet. But keep in mind the Browns of last year. They had a decent season, then couldn't pull it into this season with tougher schedule.

There are some tremendous differences-- You don't have D.A. as a QB and you have a coach that has an idea about football without videotapes!

But as I was looking through the Bills schedule, I was just struck by the similarity to the Browns schedule last year.

Hopefully this is the beginning of some very good things... and I am WAY off base.

I like the rest of your post, but I just don't see what the Browns comparison is about? Our whole team make-up is radically different than that of the Browns. Considering their roster, they are the ultimate underachievers.

By the way, I was having a discussion with FunTimesYay a few weeks ago, and I mentioned that Derek Anderson was going to flop this year. Lots of people who watched him play last year thought the same thing.

I do admit -- Anderson's demise is even worse than I thought it was going to be.

Mitchell55
10-12-2008, 02:27 AM
I like the rest of your post, but I just don't see what the Browns comparison is about? Our whole team make-up is radically different than that of the Browns. Considering their roster, they are the ultimate underachievers.

By the way, I was having a discussion with FunTimesYay a few weeks ago, and I mentioned that Derek Anderson was going to flop this year. Lots of people who watched him play last year thought the same thing.

I do admit -- Anderson's demise is even worse than I thought it was going to be.

Both young teams who no one gave much credit and have a easy schedule and both started out having a good record.

Mr. Pink
10-12-2008, 04:08 PM

No argument from me on DA...I was saying even last year he's terribly inconsistent.

But the offense has been suffering due to injuries...Braylon not being 100%, JJ and Stallworth not suiting up yet. Stallworth may play tomorrow night though and nothing new on JJ. Jamal hasn't been healthy all year either. When your number 2 WR is Syndric Steptoe, you're in for problems. Now the health of KII is in question.

The offense is one giant train wreck and DA might end up being the scapegoat and take the fall. I'm still not happy about the prospects of watching Brady Quinn play though.

Defensively their additions have been mostly a non-factor so far but they did look better last week vs Cincy. Then again, that's nothing to write home about.