PDA

View Full Version : Embarrassed Cardinals face unbeaten Bills

shelby
10-04-2008, 07:29 AM
The Arizona Cardinals are embarrassed, the Buffalo Bills unbeaten. Buffalo makes a rare transcontinental trip to the desert Sunday looking to go 5-0 for the first time in 17 years and only the fourth time in franchise history.
"I don't know how good this team can be," quarterback Trent Edwards said. "I feel like we still have a lot left in the tank that we really can show on Sundays."
The Bills face an Arizona team coming off a nightmarish first half in a 56-35 road loss to the New York Jets.
"Going into halftime in the Jets game and seeing the scoreboard say 34-0, that's one of those things you'll never forget," wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald said. "Everybody was embarrassed."
The Cardinals (2-2) spent all of last week in the East rather than return to Arizona following their 24-17 loss to the Washington Redskins. Obviously, they are glad to be home, where they are 7-2 since coach Ken Whisenhunt was hired a year ago.
"Everybody wants to get that sour taste of their mouths and get back on track," defensive end Antonio Smith said. "It feels a lot better just being here. One thing we said we were going to do when we started this thing is establish a home-field advantage."
In the last three games, the Bills have come from behind in the fourth quarter to beat Jacksonville, Oakland and St. Louis.
"We can't keep doing that," Edwards said, "but fortunately we have won games that way. We know if we get caught in that situation, hopefully we have a little bit more experience and know we can do it."

full story (http://www.tucsoncitizen.com/daily/sports/98599.php)

Confused
10-04-2008, 08:45 AM
good find. danka.

Griff
10-04-2008, 08:51 AM
I hope we do take an early lead and keep it.

Cntrygal
10-04-2008, 09:24 AM
:10:

DynaPaul
10-04-2008, 12:37 PM
I'm truly worried about this game. If our D doesn't play good this could be our first loss. We can't afford another slow start against this high powered offense.

jamze132
10-05-2008, 02:04 AM
This will probably be the toughest game thus far for the Bills. The Cards allowed 34 points last week in the first half, but then scored 35 in the second. I have no doubts about that happening again, but Buffalo needs to be very disciplined, especially on defense.