PDA

View Full Version : Edwards stepping up in Buffalo

shelby
10-05-2008, 07:39 AM
i didn't see this posted....Bucky Brooks gives TE some love!

Will Trent Edwards become the league's next great quarterback? That's what some scouts are pondering after watching the rapid development of the former Stanford passer whom many of them whiffed on in the 2007 draft. The third-round selection has taken his game to another level, and the Bills' surprising 4-0 start can be largely attributed to his growth.
"He is a really good player," said a longtime NFL defensive coach whose team faced Edwards last season. "He has good physical tools and manages the game well. But I think that his football intelligence is his most impressive attribute."
Edwards has a 9-4 record as a starter, completing 65.5 percent of his passes and sporting an impressive 93.5 passer rating, both better than his 2007 numbers of 56.1 percent and 70.4, respectively. Moreover, he has thrown four touchdowns passes and only two interceptions this season. A year ago he had seven TD throws and eight interceptions.
While it would be tempting to attribute Edwards' success to a conservative game plan that rarely incorporates deep throws, the fact is Edwards' yards-per-attempt (7.8) ranks seventh in the league. Last season the Bills completed 33 passes over 20 yards. Through four games, they already have 14 completions over 20 yards, and the increase in explosive plays has helped boost their scoring average to 27.2 points a game, up from 15.8 last season.

more.. (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/bucky_brooks/10/03/edwards/index.html)

imbondz
10-05-2008, 08:08 AM
9-4

:drool:

mybills
10-05-2008, 08:13 AM
Bedard is a psychic.

BillsOwnAll
10-05-2008, 08:18 AM
14 passes over 20 yards. Thats better then i thought lol. TE is my hero.

Griff
10-05-2008, 08:25 AM
Only 7.8? Trent must be upset with himself. Turk and him are aiming for 8.0. So maybe this isn't Trent's best play.