• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Aaron Schobel

Hearing a lot of talk about how much he's slowing down and hasn't been effective this year.

I couldnt disagree more.

I think he's still playing at a high level, and I also think he's playing the run so far this year as good as he has at any point in his career.

STop judging guys ONLY by their numbers. I'm aware he only has one sack this year. But he's still making plays and in my opinion at least, is playing the run a hell of a lot better.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: Aaron Schobel

BTW, does anyone know a site where you can find the stat for quarterback pressures?

I cant find any non-media site that tracts them right now.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Numbers?

forget about numbers. Just watch the guy.

Schobel played the run well against Oakland, but other than that he's been a non factor. I do remember one game (can't remember which one) where he had pressure on two consecutive plays, but then he had to go to the bench and take a breather.

Other than that, he's almost always neutralized and never even close to the QB. He got completely manhandled against Seattle and was easily handled more often than not in the other 3 games.

Hell, in that NFL Network Mic'd up segment, he even said himself that he didn't have the speed.

People aren't just looking at Schobel's stat line and criticizing him. There's a real basis for it.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Scumbag College
        • Oct 2002

I think with Schobel's drop in statistics is that you see alot of talent now around him now. He won't be the only one pressuring the QB and getting the only stat that's glamorous to defensive lineman, the sack. Kelsay and Kyle Williams have improved. Stroud has been a huge pick up. Mitchell and Poz are always around the ball. Also, the Bills have put together a very good secondary.

I think it's a testament to the improved defense that the sacks and pressures are coming from other players. Schobel doesn't have to be a one man defensive line anymore.
        Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• jamze132
          • Jun 2003

Schobel is more than likely still being game-planned for by opposing offenses.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by jamze132
            Schobel is more than likely still being game-planned for by opposing offenses.
            Yeah, but with Stroud, you'd think he'd be freed up more. But with the lack of performance we're seeing from him, compared to what we're used to, you'd wouldn't think Stroud had any impact whatsoever in freeing him up.

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
              My IQ Test results came back negative
              • Oct 2002

Op im pretty sure schobel was being sarcastic in that segment. He knew he was Mic'd up. He wouldnt seriously say that. Be realistic

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

I still say that he needs to put the weight back on, especially his upper body. He's getting schooled by the OTs and never even smells the QBs.

Comment

• Goobylal
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                  BTW, does anyone know a site where you can find the stat for quarterback pressures?

I cant find any non-media site that tracts them right now.
                  He had 2 QB hurries (and a sack) against the Seahawks and 1 QBH against the Rams. His play has definitely fallen-off. I'd like to see Ellis in there sooner rather than later. That is, not necesarily starting, but getting at least SOME playing time. Bryan isn't starting material.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
                    I still say that he needs to put the weight back on, especially his upper body. He's getting schooled by the OTs and never even smells the QBs.
                    but according to that well respected beacon of journalistic integrity Chris Brown, Schobel never lost any weight.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Lexwhat
                      • Feb 2005

Hearing a lot of talk about how much he's slowing down and hasn't been effective this year.

I couldnt disagree more.

I think he's still playing at a high level, and I also think he's playing the run so far this year as good as he has at any point in his career.

STop judging guys ONLY by their numbers. I'm aware he only has one sack this year. But he's still making plays and in my opinion at least, is playing the run a hell of a lot better.

I'm happy with our 4-0 record, and don't wanna complain too much.

However, Schobel is NOT playing like a $49 million dollar man. If we wanted simply a good run-stopping DE, we could get one for a lot cheaper.

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                        but according to that well respected beacon of journalistic integrity Chris Brown, Schobel never lost any weight.

Comment

• Griff
                          • Jul 2008

I couldnt disagree more.

Aaron himself disagrees with you, he was talking with the guys about how he's not as fast as he used to be.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                            • Mar 2005

I couldnt disagree more.

At 50 million dollars I expect him to get to the the QB. Williams, Johnson, and Stroud are the main reasons he's looking better against the run, not him.

I personally hope this is his last season as a Bill.

I'll take Mitchell's advice to Schobel on the subject.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                              • Mar 2005

I have Justa on ignore but I told him and everyone here that Schobel was going to suck this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X