PDA

View Full Version : Good teams get blown out sometimes.

Jeff1220
10-05-2008, 06:39 PM
I'm not sure how good or bad this team is yet, but I'm not going to let one blowout loss decide it for me.
Blowout losses happened during the Glory Years too...losses of at least 2 scores during 1988-1995 playoff/Super Bowl seasons:

1988 team - lost to Chicago24-3
1989 team - lost to Colts 37-14
1990 team - lost to Miami 30-7
1991 team - lost to KC 33-6
1992 team - lost to Miami 37-10; lost to LA 20-3; lost to Houston 27-3
1993 team - lost to Pittsburgh 23-0; lost to KC 23-7
1995 team - lost to Denver 22-7; lost to Miami 23-6

The point I guess I'm trying to make is that this loss doesn't mean they're a bad team - it means they were bad today. It sucks, but even good teams get beat up now and then. The good ones bounce back and prove that it was the exception rather than the rule.

VeggieMan14
10-05-2008, 06:42 PM
I'm not sure how good or bad this team is yet, but I'm not going to let one blowout loss decide it for me.
Blowout losses happened during the Glory Years too...losses of at least 2 scores during 1988-1995 playoff/Super Bowl seasons:

1995 team - lost to Denver 22-7; lost to Miami 23-6The point I guess I'm trying to make is that this loss doesn't mean they're a bad team - it means they were bad today. It sucks, but even good teams get beat up now and then. The good ones bounce back and prove that it was the exception rather than the rule.exactly... i expect a big win against san diego

X-Era
10-05-2008, 06:43 PM
1995 team - lost to Denver 22-7; lost to Miami 23-6The point I guess I'm trying to make is that this loss doesn't mean they're a bad team - it means they were bad today. It sucks, but even good teams get beat up now and then. The good ones bounce back and prove that it was the exception rather than the rule.

Thank you!

:clap: :up:

This is ONE GAME, I think everyone thought we were bound to lose one.

We still have a legit shot at the playoffs.

TheBrownBear
10-05-2008, 06:44 PM
I'm sorry...your post is far too logical and rational. Nice try, but you need to come with more histrionics and hand-wringing.

BillyT92679
10-05-2008, 07:16 PM
Anybody remember that '88 game against the Bears? I do.
Bills came in 4-0, got crushed by a very good NFC team on the road...
Won seven games in a row to win the AFC East.

Captain gameboy
10-05-2008, 07:21 PM
What it means is that we are not that good.

This team is a lot better than what we have seen in the past few years, but still not that good.

syracuse76
10-05-2008, 07:24 PM
41-17.....thats more then a blow out....by the cards... i mean cmon. this was just a disgrace. i have a feeling that we will come out and make a statement against the chargers.

Bunnerjk
10-05-2008, 07:27 PM
I knew going into this game that the Cards would be on a mission after getting emmbarrased by the Jets. Our defense looked horrific, but we're still division leaders. We need to come out strong after the bye week.

syracuse76
10-05-2008, 07:29 PM
I knew going into this game that the Cards would be on a mission after getting emmbarrased by the Jets. Our defense looked horrific, but we're still division leaders. We need to come out strong after the bye week.

i agree 100%. we need to send out a statement to the nfl that we are not a fluke and a ine against the chargers will prove just that

OpIv37
10-05-2008, 08:13 PM
Thank you!

:clap: :up:

This is ONE GAME, I think everyone thought we were bound to lose one.

We still have a legit shot at the playoffs.

based on what? If we play like we play today, we won't even beat Miami. We were terrible in the trenches, and that's where games are won and lost. This game wasn't even competitive.

BillsOwnAll
10-05-2008, 08:16 PM
Op how pumped are you the bills finnnallly played bad!

Bunnerjk
10-05-2008, 08:18 PM
We'll be ok guys.

DMBcrew36
10-05-2008, 08:18 PM
based on what? If we play like we play today, we won't even beat Miami. We were terrible in the trenches, and that's where games are won and lost. This game wasn't even competitive.

Yep, our defense was absolutely embarrassing today.

And this was the first good offense we've played. The fact is, our defense has been feasting on bad offenses until today. We played a bunch of bottom feeders with losing records. People all week were all, "I'm sick of hearing we look good cause we beat bad teams, wah wah wah," but it's TRUE! We finally play a good offense and we get picked apart.

The Bills have got everyones hopes up to thinking they're one of the better teams in this league, but they're really just mediochre. They aren't great in defense or offense, but they aren't terrible, either. They're just plain mediochre in offense and defense. And the same goes for special teams until Parrish/McGee return.

christhebillsfan783
10-05-2008, 08:25 PM
I think that we area 4-1 team who got exposed today as a team that is not as good as they thought, and we thought. I think that this team still has aton to learn and that this year will not be the year we thought. I believe that this team still does make the playoffs but won't go very far. Today showed me that its still gonna be a tough year and that the pats are still gonna be a major threat to us and also we have to watch out for the dolphins as much as i hate to say it. I hope we have a great bye week and adjust our defense and oline.

B-DON
10-05-2008, 08:37 PM
So we lose one week and the pats and dolphins win, so all of a sudden we should start worrying? Holy cow people have short term memories around here!!!

DMBcrew36
10-05-2008, 08:40 PM
So we lose one week and the pats and dolphins win, so all of a sudden we should start worrying? Holy cow people have short term memories around here!!!

Well, we haven't beaten a good team yet. We've beaten bottom feeders. We finally face a good offense and our defense looks like it belongs in college football.

So, yeah, maybe people need to bring their expectations back down to reality. We've benefited from injured teams, opposing coaching troubles, and the easiest schedule I think I've ever seen. We're still a decent team, but nothing more. Middle of the road.

LABillsFan
10-05-2008, 08:41 PM

I don't think it has to do with memories. What it has to do with is going up a proven QB with decent or above receivers, a good Oline and a ave. D.

This is the first game against one of those teams. The Bills haven't even played a division game which are even tougher because of the familiarity of the teams. Its only going to get tougher the rest of the season.

RedEyE
10-05-2008, 08:43 PM
I knew that the Cards had the potential of putting up points on this Bills team. Especially the way they've slowly moved into the game the last 3 weeks. They couldn't afford to let Arizona get ahead. They really needed Trent and his clock killing drives. Losman needs at least 8-10 seconds to get rid of the football and unless he's traded to the Cowboys, or the Patriots, he's not going to get it anytime soon.

LABillsFan
10-05-2008, 08:47 PM
yeah, this game had beat down written all over it. Its one of those games, but the Bills do have flaws and good teams will exploit them. Az is a good team, they almost beat Wash and like the Bills today, collapsed in opp. coast away game.

X-Era
10-07-2008, 06:31 AM

OK, I dont disagree about this one game.

I wont even disagree that we havent had our best game yet.

I will also say that our D-line needs to improve.

But there is not a single team in the league that has everything andno need to improve. And at 4-1, you cant complain.

How can we forget the other 4 wins and simply focus on this one loss? We cant.

Losing our starting QB was huge! That alone can equal a loss.

Besides, Jax, Sea are not push overs, they are both playoff teams a year ago.

Dont you remember our SB years when we would go 13 and 3 and lose to NE who stunk?