PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on #94...

jpdex12
10-05-2008, 06:57 PM
We lost today due to a bad game by our defense, o-line and quarterback play. The third downs on defense killed us!

What really stands out to me today is that Arizona has a "decent" o-line and our pass rush friggin sucks! Schobel is average at best and has been for the past 1-1/2 years. WHY did Ralph pay him as much as he did when extending his contract? We could be getting just as much out of Ryan Denney at this point! We need a better pass rush!

Captain gameboy
10-05-2008, 07:05 PM
I didn't think Schobel looked bad at all.

What I thought looked horrible was getting nothing up the middle, and the corners giving up inside slants play after play after play after play.

I looked like a seven on seven drill to me.

Bone
10-05-2008, 08:06 PM
When your defense is on the field the entire game, it can only get worse. We need a new LT and C ASAP!

bigbub2352
10-05-2008, 08:07 PM
schobel is conistently blocked out of the play, his pass rush move is simple to defend it is a banana route to the qb in which he is easily steered away he is too lite to b e dominante
He makes some plays here and there but is awfully streaky and the wrong side of 30 to be making 7mil plus a season
Same goes for Kelsay and his 4 mil

DMBcrew36
10-05-2008, 08:09 PM
Schobel is overrated and overpayed. We all know it. He benefited from what? Two good seasons? Maybe?

Keys for the next draft/offseason -- Defensive Ends, Center for the o-line.

jpdex12
10-06-2008, 10:52 AM
I know we all have mixed emotions about Schobel but what makes our cornerback play even better is a strong pass rush. Our DE's are holding up very well against the run defense and I think that was to be our focus this year by Fewell but I would like to see more sacks coming from our DE's. At this point our DT's are getting better pressure on the QB's then our DE's and that shouldn't be.

We have all heard Schobel commenting on how he has slowed down and at the beggining of the season we heard Mitchell getting pissed about Schobel making that comment if it was true.

If the DE play was stronger it would help eliminate some of those slants.

justasportsfan
10-06-2008, 10:56 AM
Why is this all on Schobel? This guy never stopped. If anything he was was move visible than our interior Dl that got no push up the middle.