PDA

View Full Version : Game Changing Plays

Bulldog
10-05-2008, 08:01 PM
1.) Edwards knocked out on the thrid play from scrimmage. (Close to a helmet to helmet hit and he drove Edwards into the ground. If Mitchell gets fined for the hit on Warner and the safety from Arizona doesn't, I'll be pissed.)

2.) The offsides on the FG that lead to the Arizona TD. (How in the hell does a defense line up off sides four times during one game. How god damn hard is it?)

3.) Dick Jauron not challenging the Royal fumble. (This is all on Jauron. Down ten on the road, that play should have been challenged. And the guys in the booth that are supposed to be reviewing the plays should be fired. Hell, I could tell Royal was down by contact from the replays they showed on TV. Unacceptable!)

Those three plays changed the game entirely. BTW, Buffalo's OL sucked a fat one today. Does any one think they miss McNally?

Captain gameboy
10-05-2008, 08:14 PM
Nothing changed this game.

It was lost at the outset when we decided it would be a good idea to give Warner all of the underneath stuff in the hopes that his pro-bowl, NFL MVP self would screw up.

But. I cannot stand Robert Royal, and that idiotic fumble with absolutely nothing to gain increases the measure of pleasure that I will feel when he is finally gone.

chernobylwraiths
10-05-2008, 08:21 PM
That Royal fumble was all on Royal. There was nothing Jauron could do but lose a timeout. Royal was not down, the whistle did not blow and the ball came out before his hand hit the ground. Fumble.

I was a bit upset by the hit on Edwards. The announcers seemed to think Mitchel's hit was helmet to helmet just short of calling it dirty, and thought nothing on the Wilson hit on Edwards. You are not supposed to put your full body weight on a QB during a tackle, and Wilson knew he threw the ball.

The defense looked awful today though. No Bolden and it didn't matter. The defense did not play well at all and it seemed the middle was open all day long.

It's almost like the team had a huge letdown when Edwards went down, but the defense really needs to play better.

Bunnerjk
10-05-2008, 08:25 PM
The offsides on the field goal put me over the edge!!!!!!!!!!