PDA

View Full Version : Bills vs Arizona my only 3 game thoughts

patmoran2006
10-05-2008, 08:15 PM
Disclaimer** I dont need to be educated on it. I'm well aware the Bills are 4-1. I never thought we'd go 16-0, and if you told me last month we'd be 4-1 I like most others would be tinkled pink. I also could easily have more points to talk about, but there is only three (at least on this post) that I care to highlight.

1- This ****ing OL sucks. Its sucked 75-80% of the year and how we're 4-1 with this OL right now is beyond me. We dont just look a little worse, we look FAR worse than last year.. I know, Jason Peters is a dickhead for holding out, and he looks like **** and i know Melvin Fowler just sucks.. But guess what, so do Dockery and Butler. Walker is the ONLY guy on the line, let me say it again.. the ONLY guy on the OL that does not completely and utterly blow this year. Butler has been overmatched all year, that is not looking like a good extension, and given his average salary per year, Dockery could be the most overated player in the entire NFL. It's embarassing how bad they are right now, and not just today. If I was Marshawn, I wouldn't cross a street in front of me when I'm driving.. YOu dig?

2- Im going to hope and pray that today was just one "of those days' for the defense, because that was dispicible. NO PRESSURE with the front four, none, squat, zilch.. We had to blitz (which we didnt do enough of, thanks Fewell) to even sniff Warner. Did a DL knock down Warner once today? Was marcus stroud active? It goes more than just that though, if you told me Poz didnt play today I would've believed you.. Great MLB dont go absent the entire game. Im not blaming just him, all 11 sucked today.. But I"ll save #3 for one in particular, and that is...

3- Hey Greer. Check the title on your mortgage.. Because I'm pretty sure Larr Fitzgerald owns your ****.. Get well soon, Terrence. Jesus that was horrible.

SUMMARY: LIke I said. .We're 4-1.. Who cant be happy with that. But skeptics have said we havent played anybody.. I stuck my finger up like the most of us.. But based on today.. Wow, we looked brutal. I thought we might lose today, but I never thought we'd be that dominated by the Arizona freegin Cardinals.. They owned us any way you can think of it. WE looked like a HS team on this day.. I'm just hoping this was a one time deal here, or when we start playing better teams we're in big f'n trouble.

patmoran2006
10-05-2008, 08:21 PM
BTW.
I dont need to comment on JP, he's already been spoken for on here.

He's a BACKUP QB, as he should be.. A few good plays (Evans bomb, TD run), a few typcial "JP" plays... He is not good enough to be a starter, but he didnt lose us the game today..

I cant wait til he's gone so nobody even talks about him anymore. He is what he is, I'm not going to diss him right now. he's one of about 42 reasons we lost today.

OpIv37
10-05-2008, 08:29 PM
Greer had his moments.

He also got eaten alive at times.

That was the whole problem with today's game- every player who did something positive also did more than enough negative to offset any good plays. It was a sorry performance all around.

patmoran2006
10-05-2008, 08:30 PM
Greer sucked ass today.. He might be a good corner overall in this league. But today, he was owned like you read about. Dont get me wrong, it would've been nice to see Warner get rushed more than 2 times the whole game.

Bunnerjk
10-05-2008, 08:43 PM
This is a great post and I agree with pretty much the entire thing. Very critical points, and they make sense.

Bottom line is 4-1, you can't argue with it. We need to show up against the Chargers week 7 or we're in trouble!!!!!!!!!!!!

LABillsFan
10-05-2008, 09:05 PM
There is a difference between getting blown out by a better team and self implosion. I think it was a little of both. After 2 losses on the road a good team was finally home and wanted to make a statement and like what the Cards went through last week, the Bills couldn't match them.

The running game is still subpar, the blocking is still subpar, the D got torched, which until the Rams game were holding their own. Throw in those penalties and TO's spells - bad road game.

Oaf
10-05-2008, 10:08 PM
The front 7 was the worst I've seen them in a good while. LBs (read MITCHELL) were undisciplined in the run gaps and the front 4 was abysmal creating pressure against the pass. So, LBs blew on the run, and the DLine, against the pass.

jamze132
10-06-2008, 03:03 AM
I think the defense missed the flight from Buffalo. What the **** was that?

Jan Reimers
10-06-2008, 04:40 AM
I agree with you, Pat. Our O-line is abysmal at run blocking and only marginally better at pass blocking.

Our defensive front four cannot get any pressure on the opposing QB, thanks mostly to the ineffectiveness of Schobel and Kelsay and Denney to mount any sort of pass rush.

Despite all of the money we've spent on both lines, we're still getting beat in the trenches on a regular basis.

I would also add that our tackling has been horrendous all year.

Jan Reimers
10-06-2008, 04:42 AM
What the **** was that?
Nice use of the famous quote from the mayor of Hiroshima.

Historian
10-06-2008, 04:43 AM
That's true Jan..in our wins as well as our loss.

If it weren't for Lynch's ability, we would be close to last in the league in rushing.

Night Train
10-06-2008, 04:57 AM
Peters should be worked like a dog the next 12 days, since he was horrid again. It's bad enough Fowler & Butler are geting beat every game up the middle. This is where our next Draft should be focused.

It's also time to at least give 3rd Round pick DE Chris Ellis a look, since this DL isn't getting any pressure.

Nice to see Kyle Williams revisit 2007, where he gets blown out with ease. We already know our DE's (Schobel & Kelsay) cannot anchor at all vs. the run.

We keep extending these guys and putting pressure on others to hide their shortcomings. The game film can't be lying to these coaches.

Ouch.

Jan Reimers
10-06-2008, 05:02 AM
Peters should be worked like a dog the next 12 days, since he was horrid again. It's bad enough Fowler & Butler are geting beat every game up the middle. This is where our next Draft should be focused.

It's also time to at least give 3rd Round pick DE Chris Ellis a look, since this DL isn't getting any pressure.

Nice to see Kyle Williams revisit 2007, where he gets blown out with ease. We already know our DE's (Schobel & Kelsay) cannot anchor at all vs. the run.

We keep extending these guys and putting pressure on others to hide their shortcomings. The game film can't be lying to these coaches.

Ouch.
I would normally agree with you on everything except Butler, NT, but I'm beginning to agree on him, too. He seems to have regressed this year.

Night Train
10-06-2008, 05:08 AM
I would normally agree with you on everything except Butler, NT, but I'm beginning to agree on him, too. He seems to have regressed this year.

Butler should be helping the undersized Fowler out but doesn't seen to bend his knees and achor correctly. Seems slow to react to the intial move of the DT and is easily pushed out of the way. I had hopes but he's killing us.

Could we see some lineup changes coming out of the Bye ?

X-Era
10-06-2008, 06:22 AM
Disclaimer** I dont need to be educated on it. I'm well aware the Bills are 4-1. I never thought we'd go 16-0, and if you told me last month we'd be 4-1 I like most others would be tinkled pink. I also could easily have more points to talk about, but there is only three (at least on this post) that I care to highlight.

1- This ****ing OL sucks. Its sucked 75-80% of the year and how we're 4-1 with this OL right now is beyond me. We dont just look a little worse, we look FAR worse than last year.. I know, Jason Peters is a dickhead for holding out, and he looks like **** and i know Melvin Fowler just sucks.. But guess what, so do Dockery and Butler. Walker is the ONLY guy on the line, let me say it again.. the ONLY guy on the OL that does not completely and utterly blow this year. Butler has been overmatched all year, that is not looking like a good extension, and given his average salary per year, Dockery could be the most overated player in the entire NFL. It's embarassing how bad they are right now, and not just today. If I was Marshawn, I wouldn't cross a street in front of me when I'm driving.. YOu dig?

2- Im going to hope and pray that today was just one "of those days' for the defense, because that was dispicible. NO PRESSURE with the front four, none, squat, zilch.. We had to blitz (which we didnt do enough of, thanks Fewell) to even sniff Warner. Did a DL knock down Warner once today? Was marcus stroud active? It goes more than just that though, if you told me Poz didnt play today I would've believed you.. Great MLB dont go absent the entire game. Im not blaming just him, all 11 sucked today.. But I"ll save #3 for one in particular, and that is...

3- Hey Greer. Check the title on your mortgage.. Because I'm pretty sure Larr Fitzgerald owns your ****.. Get well soon, Terrence. Jesus that was horrible.

SUMMARY: LIke I said. .We're 4-1.. Who cant be happy with that. But skeptics have said we havent played anybody.. I stuck my finger up like the most of us.. But based on today.. Wow, we looked brutal. I thought we might lose today, but I never thought we'd be that dominated by the Arizona freegin Cardinals.. They owned us any way you can think of it. WE looked like a HS team on this day.. I'm just hoping this was a one time deal here, or when we start playing better teams we're in big f'n trouble.

Its a loss, and a bad loss. But its one loss and its over.

I think teams that go 4 and 1 dont have major systemic problems.

Edwards has been able to do enough to win behind our o-line. They have made mistakes at times, but he also has had plenty of time to throw at times. So do we need a major overhaul or simply our o-line to get more consistent? I think its the later.

The defense came into the game 7th ranked, you cant do that unless you play tough defense. Yesterday they never showed up, but that happens sometimes. I hope they learn what it takes to lose. Meaning they realize that they cant loaf on anyone or the game is as good as lost.

No, I think we have found a way to win, but this year we didn't know how you lose. We just may have learned that lesson. Maybe the team is more well rounded knowing how good they must play in all phases to beat any team. I think this game killed the notion that we cant be beat and brought us back to reality where we have to claw and fight in every single game. Thats a good thing not bad.

jamze132
10-06-2008, 06:30 AM
I hope Dick doesn't give them too much time off this week. All facets of the game need worked, and worked hard. Dick needs to be a little bit more vocal to get his point across about discipline. The last 2 weeks, I haven't seen much.

Two times we were flagged for offsides on a PAT and a FG attempt. We were also lining up in the neutral zone all day. Basic mistakes like that is what cause teams to lose.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
10-06-2008, 07:25 AM
Stupid penalties, turnovers, and poor gameplanning will kill any team.

The team lacked focus yesterday, and combined with Arizona playing very well and with desperation, we looked outclassed.

Further problems in these areas are indicitive of coaching weakness.

I hope they can straighten it out.

mchurchfie
10-06-2008, 07:34 AM
That offsides by No 17 which gave the Cards a first down and ultimately a TD instead of a FG was beyond ******ed and inexcusable.

Jan Reimers
10-06-2008, 07:50 AM
That offsides by No 17 which gave the Cards a first down and ultimately a TD instead of a FG was beyond ******ed and inexcusable.
Jenkins. All he has to do is line up on side.

Jan Reimers
10-06-2008, 07:53 AM
I hope Dick doesn't give them too much time off this week. All facets of the game need worked, and worked hard. Dick needs to be a little bit more vocal to get his point across about discipline. The last 2 weeks, I haven't seen much.

Two times we were flagged for offsides on a PAT and a FG attempt. We were also lining up in the neutral zone all day. Basic mistakes like that is what cause teams to lose.
He probably has to give them a certain amount of time off per the CBA. The rest of the time, I hope he works their asses off, then does it again.

Dr. Lecter
10-06-2008, 07:53 AM
Didn't Youboty get a similar call on a extra point attempt?

If Jenkins had jumped I could slightly tolerate it as a penalty of agression. lining up offsides is inexcusable.

Pure stupidity.