PDA

View Full Version : Game Notes

RedEyE
10-05-2008, 08:24 PM
1) No one should be surprised with the score. Arizona has been putting up mega points all season long as Warner has been averaging 300+ yards a game.

2) I wouldn't be surprised if the NFL fines Adrain Wilson for that hit on Edwards. I'll agree that his body was in motion and his momentum carried him forward, but a helmet to helmet hit, using the helmet to drive another player into the ground is illegal as they come. He intended on hurting Edwards on that play as he never even tried to let up.

3) Regardless of how poor the defense played, JP Losman cannot get rid of the football. I counted 6-7 Mississippi on some plays were he just couldn't find the open receiver. He has severe tunnel vision and what is mostly sad about it is that he has one of the most beautiful downfield passes I've ever seen from a QB.

4) Jauron should have challenged the Royal fumble. Yes, it more than likely would not have been overturned, but you have to try and get that ball back rather than just allowing Arizona to keep the football.

5) McKelvin and Jackson are not the return men that McGee and Parrish are. McKelvin is too indecisive and sluggish on the initial catch. Jackson isn't half bad, but I think he would be better suited for kick returns as he could really use the extra field to give him that burst.

6) I think this is a different game with Edwards, Parrish, Simpson and McGee. It should be a good wake up call for the Chargers visit in two weeks.

patmoran2006
10-05-2008, 08:29 PM
1) No one should be surprised with the score. Arizona has been putting up mega points all season long as Warner has been averaging 300+ yards a game.
So what. We're not other teams.. That was pathetic today.

2) I wouldn't be surprised if the NFL fines Adrain Wilson for that hit on Edwards. I'll agree that his body was in motion and his momentum carried him forward, but a helmet to helmet hit, using the helmet to drive another player into the ground is illegal as they come. He intended on hurting Edwards on that play as he never even tried to let up.
Agreed 100% and that's not homerism either.

3) Regardless of how poor the defense played, JP Losman cannot get rid of the football. I counted 6-7 Mississippi on some plays were he just couldn't find the open receiver. He has severe tunnel vision and what is mostly sad about it is that he has one of the most beautiful downfield passes I've ever seen from a QB.
JP sucks. .He has a rocket arm, can make some great plays, but this aint the CFL or Arena league.. In the NFL, especially on the road, you have to be consistent.. He's not only inconsistent, he's flat out clueless sometimes.. and OMG, if any TIVO'd this game, go back and watch every pass, and see how many times JP literally looked at ONE WR the entire play.

4) Jauton should have challenged the Royal fumble. Yes, it more than likely would not have been overturned, but you have to try and get that ball back rather than just allowing Arizona to keep the football.
Agreed. .Even if they lose the challenge, it give the D a chance to catch their breath and get ready to make a stand.

5) McKelvin and Jackson are not the return men that McGahee and Parrish are. McKelvin is too indecisive and sluggish on the initial catch. Jackson isn't half bad, but I think he would be better suited for kick returns as he could really use the extra field to give him that burst
We do miss both of them, no doubt..

RedEyE
10-05-2008, 08:36 PM
Good point about the d catchin their breath Pat.

Also, I was mildly dissapointed in the play calling early on. The Bills tried running the ball on 3rd and long too many times. Not too mention setting the tone for a shoot out rather than just keeping Arizona's O off the field.

I was very pleased with Hardy's bounce back from last week, although its painfully obvious that he is still looking for his niche on this team.