X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LABillsFan
    • Aug 2002

Reality Check

Oakland showed the weakness and now teams have caught on to it. 4-1 is better than 1-4 and Jauron and the Bills have been very careful with their self description as a young team should be.

Its in the hands of the coaches now. A bye week and flaws that are now exposed to the rest of the league.

TE has to get better at recognizing the stunts by D's and the line has to be able to do it's job better at protecting him.

The cover 2 that the Bills run is now going to be attacked by any team remotely healthy at receiver and having a seasoned QB.

We knew it was a matter of time before Trent got his head handed to him judging by the last 3 games.

With that being said, winning 6 more games is still obtainable and I think enough to get a Wild Card spot at least.

We can officially stop with the 16-0 threads and the Superbowl threads and world beater threads. Thankfully
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.
  • Bunnerjk
    • Aug 2008

Re: Reality Check

You do realize trent was out of the game after the 3rd play, right?

Comment

• LABillsFan
      • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Bunnerjk
      You do realize trent was out of the game after the 3rd play, right?
      Yep

Comment

• RedEyE
        • Jul 2002

That was great pass by Trent as he got the ball off on the rush. Nothing wrong with his defensive reads. I agree that the O-Line needs to buy him more time.

Comment

• LABillsFan
          • Aug 2002

Originally posted by RedEyE
          That was great pass by Trent as he got the ball off on the rush. Nothing wrong with his defensive reads. I agree that the O-Line needs to buy him more time.
          He's been taking so many hits the last few games and they all aren't the lines fault. Trent is a 2nd year guy though and teams are coming after him. He needs to scan the LOS better and if he can't check out of a play, then get rid of it or scramble.

Comment

• RedEyE
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by LABillsFan
            He's been taking so many hits the last few games and they all aren't the lines fault. Trent is a 2nd year guy though and teams are coming after him. He needs to scan the LOS better and if he can't check out of a play, then get rid of it or scramble.
            Totally disagree. He's one of the most accurate passers in the league, as well as one of the quickest releases in the game today. He even made a 1st down on that hit. He can't block and throw too.

Comment

• LABillsFan
              • Aug 2002

Originally posted by RedEyE
              Totally disagree. He's one of the most accurate passers in the league, as well as one of the quickest releases in the game today. He even made a 1st down on that hit. He can't block and throw too.

You're free to disagree. But compare apples to apples. His quick release and accuracy is good and yes he can't pass and throw at the same time either. But you left out his learning curve of picking up blitzes and checking out of plays as well as getting rid of the ball to avoid getting hit.

Apples to apples, not apples to oranges.

Comment

• tampabay25690
                • Feb 2004

I agree with both of you in a way...
                Trent does need to read blitzes better, but our line does need to communicate better as well...
                GO Gators!!!!!!
                GO GATORS!!

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                  Roways rooking ahread!
                  • Sep 2005

4-1 . Yeah!!

Comment

• LABillsFan
                    • Aug 2002

Originally posted by tampabay25690
                    I agree with both of you in a way...
                    Trent does need to read blitzes better, but our line does need to communicate better as well...
                    The line needs work, I think we all can agree with that. Trent is proving he is going to be a very good QB. But he still is young and can't be expected to know every blitz scheme, or every DB's style yet. That comes with time. It's a maturation process that takes time and some bumps and bruises before it sets in.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                      Defies all logic
                      • Oct 2006

I'm happy that we're 4-1 and I think that this loss is a blessing in disguise. Our OL has been putrid at best, Jason Peters has yet another disappointing game. Did our defense even stop them one drive? It was ridiculous, they ***** slapped us at will. No more hype surrounding the Bills, we got beat by a damn good team today and they deserve all the props in the world. The trenches on both sides of the ball needs to get better. Our DE's need to start getting some sacks and our OL needs to do a better job at picking up the blitzes. It was a much needed reality check for us.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                        The Voice of Reason
                        • Jul 2007

4-1 is nothing to be upset about. You can blame the refs (they do deserve some blame), you can blame the o-line, you can blame JP, but all you have to do is blame the entire team. The TEAM lost this game, not one single player. The coaches calling was a bit off, and this team needs Terrance and Ko. They also need to slap Brad Butler and Jason Peters upside the head.

This team looked like a TEAM with Trent under center, they need that fire under them.

Blah... rant...
                        Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                          The Voice of Reason
                          • Jul 2007

4-1 is nothing to be upset about. You can blame the refs (they do deserve some blame), you can blame the o-line, you can blame JP, but all you have to do is blame the entire team. The TEAM lost this game, not one single player. The coaches calling was a bit off, and this team needs Terrance and Ko. They also need to slap Brad Butler and Jason Peters upside the head.

This team looked like a TEAM with Trent under center, they need that fire under them.

Blah... rant...
                          Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• LABillsFan
                            • Aug 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
                            I'm happy that we're 4-1 and I think that this loss is a blessing in disguise. Our OL has been putrid at best, Jason Peters has yet another disappointing game. Did our defense even stop them one drive? It was ridiculous, they ***** slapped us at will. No more hype surrounding the Bills, we got beat by a damn good team today and they deserve all the props in the world. The trenches on both sides of the ball needs to get better. Our DE's need to start getting some sacks and our OL needs to do a better job at picking up the blitzes. It was a much needed reality check for us.
                            I agree, unfortunatly, I think the cat is out of the bag around the league. 3 games in a row the Bills faced a D designed to exploit the Bills offense.

You would think after 1 the coaches would do something about it. Well I think we all see the ceiling of the lines ability. This doesn't happen week in and week out if you are an above average team. The coaches can coach all they want but if the players don't have the ability or smarts its not going to change, conversly if the players are better than what they have shown, then the Bills need to look at the coach.

Comment

• DrGraves
                              • Mar 2008

im the first person to say that one loss and we shouldn't be in panic mode and its not the end of the world,

BUT

we looked like ****, our O/D lines suck, same with the secondary. I am very concerned after todays game. thank god we have a bye. 4-1 good job bills, but get your **** together now!

Comment

Working...
                              X