PDA

View Full Version : robert royal

djjimkelly
10-05-2008, 08:47 PM
ok lol what the hell was that reach out all about does the guy truly have no brains

i think last year he fumbled a couple times in a ridiculous way. its happening again.

we need a better option next year i pray at TE

LABillsFan
10-05-2008, 08:52 PM
Is Fine supposed to be ready after the bye? Royal does come up with some decent grabs but does make me scratch my head at times.

Oaf
10-05-2008, 10:09 PM
With dire needs at C, DE, and LB, and maybe even WR, I wonder how we'll fit TE in there..

yordad
10-05-2008, 11:49 PM
Wouldn't that have been considered a dead play? Where was the challenge?

feldspar
10-06-2008, 01:02 AM
Wouldn't that have been considered a dead play? Where was the challenge?

That's the biggest thing about that play...why DIDN'T we challenge it? Any other coach in the world would have. Royal's forward progress might have been stopped or the ground might have caused the fumble. You challenge that even if you aren't convinced yourself and think you might lose the challenge. I don't know what Jauron is waiting for. He has a history of NOT throwing the flag in these crucial situations.

That was the game right there. We might as well have thrown the white flag of surrender if we weren't going to throw the red flag of challenge.

What, did we want to save a time out? Why? I don't get it.

Ebenezer
10-06-2008, 01:07 AM
His knee wasn't down. CBS showed DJ with the flag in his hand and then putting it in his pocket - somebody must have been watching the replay. Then CBS showed the replay - it was more than clear that his knee was not down. Even so, there wasn't enough evidence to overturn the call on the field. The official made the call and got it right. Royal fumbled while being twisted backward - I was surprised he even jumped right up and being twisted.

LtFinFan66
10-06-2008, 04:19 AM
ok lol what the hell was that reach out all about does the guy truly have no brains

i think last year he fumbled a couple times in a ridiculous way. its happening again.

we need a better option next year i pray at TENo, because he wasn't down

Sorry, I meant to quote post #4 from yordad, not your post

Ebenezer
10-06-2008, 04:26 AM
No, because he wasn't down
:goodpost:

Night Train
10-06-2008, 04:33 AM
That was a legit fumble but Royal will have these games every month or so where he catches 2 TD's and fools us.

The problem being we never know whether it's Jekyll or Hyde week on his internal calendar.

jamze132
10-06-2008, 06:55 AM
Royal wasn't down and he's lucky he held onto the ball as long as he did since his foot was up near his ass in a very uncomfortable position. He's lucky he didn't tear anything. I can't blame that fumble on Royal.

I can't blame Dick for not throwing the flag as it would have cost us a TO. not that it would have mattered the way the game turned out, but Dick did the right thing there.

mchurchfie
10-06-2008, 06:58 AM
Royal won't be mistaken for being a mental giant, he is what he is.

mybills
10-06-2008, 10:52 AM
Holy crap!!!! Did we watch the same game?
His knee DID touch, and the ground caused the ball to come loose, not a player. That is not a fumble. Jauron should have thrown the flag (period).

Forward_Lateral
10-06-2008, 10:57 AM
Holy crap!!!! Did we watch the same game?
His knee DID touch, and the ground caused the ball to come loose, not a player. That is not a fumble. Jauron should have thrown the flag (period).

His knee did not touch. You can argue that his shin might've, but his knee clearly did not touch the ground.

mybills
10-06-2008, 10:58 AM
Yes, yordad, it's considered a dead play when his knee touched, even though he was twisted up without it touching when the ball and ground collided.

mchurchfie
10-06-2008, 11:06 AM
Why was the goofball reaching back with the ball anyways, to get less yardage?

Bert102176
10-06-2008, 11:10 AM
a 3rd round pick we can have Tony Gonzolaz

mchurchfie
10-06-2008, 11:31 AM
a 3rd round pick we can have Tony Gonzolaz
What are we waiting for?:drool:

Mitchy moo
10-06-2008, 11:33 AM
I actually think we need to cut him & JP, seriously. They have no place on a football field, especially on our team.

blackonyx89
10-06-2008, 11:34 AM
I actually think we need to cut him & JP, seriously. They have no place on a football field, especially on our team.

Robert is a Royal pain in the you know where!!!

Mitchy moo
10-06-2008, 11:35 AM
Robert is a Royal pain in the you know where!!!

Agreed.

mybills
10-06-2008, 11:38 AM
:rofl: :drama:

yordad
10-06-2008, 11:57 AM
His knee might have been down. His shin might have been down. Other parts parts might have been down. His forward progress might have been stopped.

Seriously, even if nothing was down, how was his forward progress not stopped? And seriously, not throwing the flag said "well, this game is basically over, might as well not be wrong on a challenge too".

Throw the flag = we have a chance.
Not throw the flag = no chance, game over.

We were down a few scores. We couldn't stop the from scoring AT ALL. The number of future possessions was dwindling. We couldn't afford to let them have that ball is striking distance, and to give it to the without review may have cost us a game. Just think, if we review, it could have gotten overturned, we go onto score. Then we were within like 3, I think. No chance without a challenge flag or a decent chance with it?

Seems like an easy decision. I made it in like 2.5 seconds. He had plenty of time to make the right choice. It is the bonehead "calls" by Jauron that occasionally makes me want someone else. He is so frustrating at times.

It wouldn't have hurt to challenge.